3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
        I feel that he suffers from "SPS".

Small

Penis

Syndrome

no. that's an insult to the small penises out there...
        i'm sure he's much smaller.

Comment

This is why I'm greatful that I'm on the phones and if someone get's too bad I can have the call "accidently" drop (and if the person is really bad management will appreciate it because they consider us a somewhat first line of defense because if the person is a dick to the people on the phones they will be dicks to the other guests and will cause more problems than they are worth).
          My favorite variation of that is
          sc "what's the best price you can do for me tonight"
          me "with what I have available I can do an x room at y rate"
          sc "I know you can do better, you wouldn't want the room to just sit empty tonight"
          ...now it's gotten to the point where I say
          me "to be honest sir, we've already met our sales goal for tonight, in fact to start selling additional rooms tonight we will have to pay the housekeepers overtime tomorrow, so at this time yes I would rather have it sit empty than rent it out for a lower rate"
          ... i have no idea if that is true or not, but it sounds good
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            I feel that he suffers from "SPS".

Small

Penis

Syndrome

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            no. that's an insult to the small penises out there...
            i'm sure he's much smaller.
            There's also MPS (Micro Penis Syndrome) and NPS (Nano Penis Syndrome).
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              There's also MPS (Micro Penis Syndrome) and NPS (Nano Penis Syndrome).
              You forgot Miniscule Penis Man, my dick is the size of my brain man and my personal favourite, the biggest tosspot ever to grace the face of the planet man.

How pathetic do you have to get that you get your rocks off by bullying and intimidating other people who have a perceived lower status than yourself, which brings me nicely onto my quote of the day.

Judge a man not on how he treats his equals but how he treats those who serve him. ~ ~ (probably paraphrasing slightly) Unknown
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I wonder if this guy has any idea about how much flem he gets served with his food.
                Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                  I wonder if this guy has any idea about how much flem he gets served with his food.
                  While food contamination is normally frowned upon here that comment made me about this far ----> < from violating rule #1!
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yes: advocating food contamination is against the rules here.

As for the main topic of conversation: my husband once worked for a company whose management had thoroughly pissed off every IT supplier in the city, to the point that they had nowhere to get computer parts.

My husband took the contract as their IT guy before he knew that, of course. Anyway, his reputation in the city was good, so he ended up managing to interface between the company and the IT suppliers, getting service on the promise that he'd handle the company and the supplier only needed to contact him.

Naturally, the company's managers would sometimes bypass my husband and go straight to the supplier - and the supplier would cut off supply again.

Eventually, my husband left for a lower-paid but less stressful job. And the company has to ship computer equipment in from interstate because noone local will deal with them again.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Advocating it? Where? LifeCarnie was making a comment, one that is probably very true.

On topic, I would have commented on how he probably can't even afford the 50% due to blowing all his money on a fancy suit.

Regret not selling him anything? They need to learn it is not how much money you HAVE, it is how much money you SPEND that matters.
                      "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                      James from Pokémon.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        ...Acting as if you got a pole shoved up your ass is no excuse for rude behavior...
                        Hmmm! SC on a stick! What a brilliant concept!

Retail Haiku:
                        Depression sets in.
                        The hellhole is calling me ~
                        I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                          Hmmm! SC on a stick! What a brilliant concept!
                          Shit! Call Jeff Dunham! It'll go well with Jose Jalapeno and Chihuaha on a Stick.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            Shit! Call Jeff Dunham! It'll go well with Jose Jalapeno and Chihuaha on a Stick.
                            HA! And then Peanut will slam HIS "steeck" in the door!
                            Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
                              Regret not selling him anything? They need to learn it is not how much money you HAVE, it is how much money you SPEND that matters.
                              Damn straight. And funny enough, I've noticed that the more mouthing off this twits do, the less they usually spend, making them even *less* worth the hassle.
                              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Y'all are forgetting one thing with all of the _______ Penis Syndrome variations....

you're assuming that he even has one!
                                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                                X