X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
    The whole package only costs like $2
    The only time a pound of butter costs $2 (or maybe less, if I'm really lucky) is if it's on sale. :wistful sigh:

Back on to the main topic--me.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      The only time a pound of butter costs $2 (or maybe less, if I'm really lucky) is if it's on sale. :wistful sigh:

Back on to the main topic--me.
      Sorry, $2 and change

Though we shop at the bulk warehouses. The minimum you can buy is like 3pounds at once, and it's about $7.50 or so.
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Hmm...this one talks sense...though usually my use of margerine/butter is for grilled cheese, so the toaster'd not be an option some times, but nuking the entire stick, eh.... *contemplates*

What the heck, the margerine I've got now is getting fuzzy anyway, I'll go for it.
        Just remember, only a few seconds. It takes less than a minute to turn a stick of butter into molten pain.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
          Well, as I said above, mac & cheese requires 1/2 a stick per box.

Chicken and Rice = 3/4 of a stick. (Half a stick for the rice (the spanish style yellow rice), and another tablespoon or so to cook the chicken in or it burns.)

2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) to pan-cook a steak, or make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Plus, there's side dishes... potatoes, garlic bread, white rice, corn on the cob. Usually require a little bit of butter.

and that's not even including baked goods. lol
          I get by on 500ml of olive oil per month for all that. With steaks and such you oil the steak (not the pan) half an hour or so before you cook it.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            I get by on 500ml of olive oil per month for all that. With steaks and such you oil the steak (not the pan) half an hour or so before you cook it.
            Half an hour before? Too long to wait, the whole steak only takes 6 minutes

Oh and 500ml is about 34 tablespoons (little less). Be a little over 4 sticks of butter. Sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
            X