Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARRGGHH!!! Leave the unscanned stuff alone!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRGGHH!!! Leave the unscanned stuff alone!!!!

This is something that just bugs me, and I have to rant.

When I'm putting thru someone's shopping, and their kid/husband is on my right fiddling with the stuff I haven't put thru; either shoving it at me as if I'm incapable of picking stuff up to scan or putting it in order. For the first, this irritates me to death as they always shove loads at me faster than I could possible scan it, or shove stuff on the scales when it's obvious that I'm trying to weigh things. For the second, put it on in order when you're unloading, duh brain, not when the scanning starts! They'd be of far better use helping their mum/wife pack the shopping rather than annoy me by fiddling.

Phew, that feels better.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I can relate to that Lace. It's like they are in a race to see if you can scan it as fast as they shove it at you.

Then, you have the ones who like to fiddle with the divider; I place it a certain way for a reason - leave it alone!! Don't take it off the belt or shove it in your basket or I'll hit you with it.

Some people see the divider as something it isn't: they look at it and say, "Oh, are you closed?"

Does it say closed on it????? No, it's an ad for a credit card. Stupid people.
    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine View Post
      Some people see the divider as something it isn't: they look at it and say, "Oh, are you closed?"

Does it say closed on it????? No, it's an ad for a credit card. Stupid people.
      That being emoted, just let me say that my mind is boggled by the sheer stupidity that causes customers to think that an order divider is what cashiers let customers know that register is closed, but when the light is out and there's a sign that says "This Register Closed", customers know that's a secret code for "Come to this register. It is manned by a robot that doesn't need a break/lunch/wants to go home because it's already half an hour past their scheduled leave time/etc."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I am feeling particularly truculent and I am asked "Are you open?" I will respond with one of the following:

1. That's why I'm here.

2. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't now, would I?

3. What do you think?

Comment

I had one doing that once, and I suspect that she may have been trying to slip some items past me before I had a chance to ring them up. She kept pushing them right up to the end of the line, and I practically had to catch them to ring them up, which considering we didn't have scanners, and had to actually key in the prices, was kind of tricky.

I think I managed to catch everything, but after roughly 18 years, who knows, and more importantly, who cares?
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Canadian In Maine View Post
            Then, you have the ones who like to fiddle with the divider; I place it a certain way for a reason - leave it alone!! Don't take it off the belt or shove it in your basket or I'll hit you with it.
            I get that too; I put the dividers off the upraised bit as people's shopping knocks them on the floor if they're there and I don't want to keep ducking down to pick them up... so I put them next to it. Whenever a customer puts them on the upraised bit I get murderous feelings.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

What's worse...

What's worse then SCs fiddling with the unscanned stuff, I think, is when they re-bag stuff that you just bagged. Like... no. They have the nerve to wait until the order is done being bagged and then re-bag stuff. It drives me nuts.
              The only thing wrong with society is the people in it.

Comment

I get the repackagers too...why not just tell me ahead of time how you want it bagged instead of putting me to the aggravation?

If you want it in paper tell me now before I put it all in plastic. Morons.

Comment

We don't give choices in paper or plastic; it's all plastic bags. However, I hate it when someone says, "I have my own bags" when they are right in front of me... I'm not blind, doofus!
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Usually its kids. You get the ones who have to hand you everything. And then that last item, they just keep putting it back on the belt so they can watch it...oooh. (As I feel my productivity going down the toilet). I had a guy decide to stack all his cans into a pretty pyramid then get pissed at me cuz it fell when the belt moved. Whats worse is when I have scanned something and set it on the belt on my left, (that will take stuff down to the bagger if I have one) and if I don't have a bagger, I leave that belt off, so the stuff stays close, cuz I can only bag one bag at a time. Then some kid comes up and pushes the little button on that end and takes the groceries away from me
                    Sometimes I will say something like " Hey now, I can't bag those up when they are all the way down there." In a sugary sweet tone of course. Then mom will spring into action and tell her button pusher to stop. Sometimes I don't say anything, bag what I can reach and let mom deal with what her kid decided to play with. Its not up to me to tell their kids what not to do.
                    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
                    X