This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wizardry of Harry Potter

Hey all! This is my first post about suckage. Here's a little background as to how this story developed. I worked for three months in a call center as a CSR for a major US brokerage firm. Let me tell you...all kinds of suck. Apparently we CSR's had a magic wand that could solve everyone's problems. Well here is my most memorable call I got one morning.

M: Me (moi)
    UL: Unbalanced lady

M: Thank you for calling Brokerage company...this is Zara how can I help you?
    UL: Yeah, I received a letter in the mail from you and I believe it to be a fraudulent letter.
    M:OK...what did the letter say?
    UL: It was inviting me to an opening of a branch office in my area. Let me give you a little background first.
    M: Please do
    UL: I am a former client who terminated my relationship with your company in 2000 b/c my broker was stealing from me like AL GORE IS STEALING FROM THE COUNTRY. I want you to send me a letter stating that I am no longer affiliated with your company. Do you realize just what an evil organization this is?? You have the WIZARDRY OF HARRY POTTER in your organization? This is a battle of good versus evil! You need to be aware just how evil this company is, you really do. I realize you just aren't aware of it yet.
    M: Ma'am do you mind if I place you on hold and see if anyone else can help me get you someplace that can help you?
    UL: OK...

I go ask some senior reps and tell them the story and they were all like "WTF"???!. They gave me a number to give to her

M: Thank you for holding. I have a number to the client intervention group that will be your best bet for getting you that letter as, I apoligize once again, we cannot send anything out to clients from the call center.
    UL: OK, but just so you know, you are working for an evil organization. And, he he, I AM HARRY POTTER.
    M: Well just give that number a call ma'am. Is there anything else I can do?

And after that it was the typical call center closing. I was proud of myself for keeping it together during that call.

this is here because a message but be at least 10 characters long

Comment

Sounds like someone needed to take their meds, or get their medication adjusted.

I would've responded with "No you're not, Harry Potter is a guy"

Comment

Quoth Toujin View Post
        "No you're not, Harry Potter is a guy"
        And he lurves Malfoy, and Malfoy's dad, Luscious!
        </fangirl>
        Bleg... </slashfiction>
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that someone soon came along, saying something along the lines of "you know you're not supposed to be using the phone?" Something along the lines of an orderly?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            And he lurves Malfoy, and Malfoy's dad, Luscious!
            </fangirl>
            Bleg... </slashfiction>
            *high fives Juwl* Except you're wrong cause he lurvs Snaaaape.
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
              Why do I get the feeling that someone soon came along, saying something along the lines of "you know you're not supposed to be using the phone?" Something along the lines of an orderly?

I was thinking the same thing too! At least it gave me a good call center story. I almost mentioned that I have never seen nor read anything Harry Potter and therefore was not familiar with her but I just wanted off that call. On my last day I should have asked our quality folks to let me listen to that one again.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                *high fives Saydrah* Oh it is so true! *must resist urge to post link to favorite Harry/Snape fanfic*
                "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                  *blinks* But... but... Robot Chicken made Snape lust after Hermione...
                  "Barry White-us, Candle Light-us, Girl excite-us!"
                  "Paedophilious Repelous!"
                  Which one of these two is the baby daddy?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth KMMCurly View Post
                    *high fives Saydrah* Oh it is so true! *must resist urge to post link to favorite Harry/Snape fanfic*
                    **whimper**
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

M: Well just give that number a call ma'am. Is there anything else I can do?
                      I'd be soooo tempted to suggest asking for Dumbledore or Snape.

Comment

Too bad I know nothing about Harry Potter. My best friend who adores the series was so jealous of that call as she said she would have loved to throw in her own references.

Comment

what a looney. It's funny how long people will keep track of you and send you mailings though.... I closed my account with a bank at LEAST 5 years ago and I still receive letters from them (at my parent's house - with my maiden name) thanking me for being such a good customer and would I like blah blah service......

Think of all the money and trees we'd save if these companies would just update their databases and stop sending useless junk mail to people who ended their relationship with the companies years ago

I understand some companies think they might "win a customer back" - but I wonder how often that happens with a form letter.... "Ooh I feel so special, they sent me a form letter with my old name on it! They must want me - they must love me! I must switch banks again!"

Comment

Quoth KMMCurly View Post
                            NO. NEEDS MAOR LESS.
                            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

*squees at KMM*

Resist less!
                              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Working...
                              X