Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I finally hiss at the general public.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    A Fantastical Stretch of Logic

The caller, who I shall refer to as "Professor Nutgargle",

<snip>

I work at a software company. We've had some pretty crazy demands, but never had someone demand we replace a laptop...yet.

I do have a question, though. Was Prof. Nutgargle actually a professor?

If he was, I hope he doesn't teach economics.
    Last edited by Dips; 03-01-2008, 09:35 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      GK, this is totally but I have to ask. Do they really have this sign in Vancouver?
      Yep. And since I have seen it in entirely different scenery, I assume they are multiplying.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        GK, this is totally but I have to ask. Do they really have this sign in Vancouver?
        Yes, we really do have those signs in North Van:

Not to mention the insane deer crossing signs:

Welcome to BC, where we have....issues. But at least we're funny.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          marty, do NOT come to Northwest, Wisconsin. Those boys are ubiquitous here. I have this huge urge to pull their pants down.
          Quoth Sonoma View Post
          So, I'm not the only one who has had to fight those urges.....
          I think that anyone who claims not to have that urge is lying, if nothing else to themselves.

(that is one good thing about TRAX... it has a slight sway that lets gravity do that for you )

... and to be honest, within a week I was thinking of posting this very topic in sightings...
          Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-01-2008, 10:24 PM.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            marty, do NOT come to Northwest, Wisconsin. Those boys are ubiquitous here. I have this huge urge to pull their pants down.
            I always have the urge to pull their pants UP. Because obviously they failed that particular hurdle when attempting to dress themselves without assistance.

Comment

I shall bring cats later
              *COUGH*

Some of us are still waiting!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Cats are nothing compared to camel signs.

So Blas wants to pull pants down, while GK wants to pull them up, hmm. That speaks volumes.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

We make a dynamic duo. Unfortunately, our desires don't get us anywhere in the bedroom, what with the argument of pants and all....
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I knew someone would bring up the pony. I like the pony and all but its just not cutting it anymore. Plus I'm pretty sure its illegal....er, I mean..um.. <cough>
                    welll not in... im not going there... you could always grow your hair out and let some 100 times bigger than you brush your hair with a big freaking brush.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                      Cats are nothing compared to camel signs.

So Blas wants to pull pants down, while GK wants to pull them up, hmm. That speaks volumes.
                      I think that this may be a States view of things vs the Canadian view of things... (watch sense I've said that Blas is actually in canada)

... or maybe it's that blas is like me and has some major issues to work through
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I’ve never been walking down the street and been like “HOLY FUCK YES~! CHIPS!~!#”.
                        You've never done that? You're missing out!!
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Argh, it's finally starting to happen. I'm starting to hiss at people outside of work. ><
                          Starting to?? Wow, you're behind. I've been doing that ever since high school.

a bizarre mixture of Judge Judy and Phoenix Wright ( There's a terrifying fanfic... <shiver> )
                          And you KNOW somewhere out there someone HAS written such. #1 rule of fanfic: the more disturbing it is, the greater chance that someone has written it, or it will eventually be written.

SC: “SO MANY PEOPLE NOT GIVE TO ME MONEY!”
                          *gasp* Me too!!

Actually, I suspect we all suffer from that malaise. XD

Apparently, I have a vagina. I mean, I always kind of wanted one but I guess I should have been a bit more specific.
                          Trust me. You DO NOT WANT.

Yes, I know there are in fact hotels that rent by the hour and seeing as this is Vegas, it shouldn’t be hard for this fine gentleman to find one.
                          Just as long as it isn't one with ricin in it...
                          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

You are officially one of my favorite people on here... It's understandable why you consider yourself a "bastard". Some people simply have a right to be such.
                            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                              You are officially one of my favorite people on here... It's understandable why you consider yourself a "bastard". Some people simply have a right to be such.
                              Heh heh, I doubt that would get me far at work: "You're such a bastard!" "Yes, but I am well within my rights."

Do I get some sort of ID card or certificate I can hang in my living room?

Quoth Amethyst Hunter
                              Trust me. You DO NOT WANT.
                              I can't afford one anyway. I'm stuck with nature's other questionable design flaw: Hey! Let's take the single most vulnerable point of the male body and just sort of dangle it in a sack at a level where it can be easily struck by even the most clumsy attacker; including children and small animals.

They couldn't have added some sort of retractable bone jockstrap or something? or at the very least some kind of defensive mechanism like striking the testicles with more then a certain amount of force causes an electrical discharge that momentarily stuns the attacker? At least that way both of us would be on the ground groveling.

Course then some men would end up with Premature Electrical Discharge Syndrome or some such. PEDS would suck. You'd just find some guy on the ground twitching next to the urinal in the bathroom or out cold slumped over his computer with his pants down and only one hand on the keyboard.

...no, I have no idea what I'm talking about or how I got there. But this is basically how my mind works in every day conversation.
                              Last edited by Gravekeeper; 03-02-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

If you get that certificate, I am going to make my own that says it's my right to say, "My God people, please use your brain!" I actually prefer working with people who are a bit bastardly because that means they have brains & try at best to use them. So many things could go much easier if I worked with clones of myself lol
                                When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                                X