This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memoirs of a GK wannabe..

Right, I own a small pet supplies and aquarium store; ie. I sell fish, and pet supplies. No live animals.

OK, so I'm going to try my hand at a sarcastic, dramatic and fabulous style of writing that belongs to a certain call center guy we all know.

Wish me luck!

Sorry, I don't have any cats.

aptly enough, that is also the name for story #1.....

Thoughts in Italics.

Sorry, I don't have any cats.

*Phone rings*

Me: *shpeil*, this is Kali
    SC: *In background* Nah, coz then we'd have to...
    Me: Hello?
    SC: *STILL in background* I already rang them, they said no! Fucksake!!

Now I know this is going to be confusing, lady, so I need you to peel your attention from the TV / Radio / Child(ren) / Lava lamp for just a second... You see that thing in your hand? The thing shaped kind of like those bananas you love, only it doesn't taste so good and there are sounds coming from it? Yes? That's a Telephone. Remember when you used it 25 seconds ago to make a call? Now's the time to start talking to the magic little people inside. (That's me!)

Me: HELLO??
    SC: Yeah hi, I've got some cats.
    Me: .....
    SC: ........
    Me: ......... Hurrah?
    SC: Do you want some cats?
    Me: Oh, no sorry I don't actually keep kittens here, only fish.
    SC: YOU GOT KITTENNSSK???!~
    Me: no, I don't have kittens. I only keep fish, not kittens or puppies or anything like that, sorry.
    SC: NO, I don't have kittens, I have CATS.
    Me: .... I don't keep those either.
    SC: oh ok, so you wouldnt want to swap them for KITTENS?!@~?
    Me: ....... uh, I don't have kittens. I don't keep animals here.
    SC: ......
    Me: ....
    SC: *click*

So, not only have you failed to listen to anything I said, you seem to think it would be profitable for me to give you cute, fluffy young kittens and take your feral, fat old nasty cats. See, how business works is.......
    Oh, nevermind. I don't want to ruin the fun for you when you try and take your old 88 model Datsun 120Y and try to swap it for a brand new Lexus.

Unsolved Mysteries

Me: Can I help you there sir?
    SC: Yes, I'd like some algaecide please.
    *I get the algaecide and he buys it*
    SC: So I killed my goldfish.
    Me: Oh yeah? How'd you manage that?
    SC: Well there was algae in the pond, so I put a cupful of bleach in there to kill the algae. Then the goldfish died.

... Congratulations! You have just made the quantum leap from being someone who is able to pronounce "algaecide", to someone who cannot ascertain a link between cupful of bleach and dead goldfish. All in the space of about 6 seconds. I'm impressed.

Befuddlement

*Phone rings*
    Me: Good Morning *schpiel*
    Guy: Hello?
    Me: Hi.
    Guy: Is that the pet shop?
    Me: Yes, it is
    Guy: The one near the bakery down there?
    Me: Yep, that's the one
    Guy: Oh. Sorry, wrong number.

Damn, the government must be after me again. They're getting a little lazy about being circumspect and covert with their surveillance operations, though.

Well, It was Australian Open time...

SC: Hi, im after some advantage for dogs?
    Me: I've got advocate, advantix and frontline, but no advantage i'm sorry
    SC: *dumb stare*
    Me: Would you like to see the advantix or advocate?
    SC: Advantage.

OK. Someone has either been watching too much tennis, or drinking too much methylated spirits. I'm going to go with both.

Tell me what I want (what I really really want!)

Fella walks in and looks around for a bit, so I walk up to ask if he needed any help with anything sir:

Me: Do you need any help with anything sir?
    Sir: Yes, fish.
    Me: What sort of fish are you after?
    Sir: I dunno!
    OK at this point I am hoping he is having a joke, rather than being a total moron.
    Me: Goldfish? Tropicals?
    Sir: No, Ive had goldfish.
    Me: OK would you like me to show you the tropicals?
    Sir: I dunno, you tell me what fish I want! (yep, exact words)

so after like 45 minutes of showing him all the fish and explaining their specs, he whips out a pen and starts writing down each fish he's interested in.

Sir: What's that one called again?
    Me: Angelfish.

At this point I snuck a look to see if he wrote Anglefish, because then i would know for sure he was a lost cause.

He did.

What are you trying to ask me, exactly?

*checking my messages on the answering machine*

Message Recieved, 16th.. of... november.. at .... 5... 45.... pm. (I close at 5, and the pet shop that's about 30 k's away that used to own my pet shop closes at 5.30. This is all relevant, I promise.)

In Verbatim.

SC: Hello, I bought a schipperke cross puppy off [other pet shop] last week.. I've been trying to ring them, but they haven't been answering. they told me that the uh.. the vet was going to come around to microchip him.. I rang the vet, and he knows nothing about it!! Now, I've paid for the puppy in full, and he needs to be done.. I was just wondering if you could shed some light on the situation for me? I look forward to your call. Thanks.

Dear lady of immesureable fail. You called me 45 minutes after I closed, asked me to explain the policies of a totally seperate store, and a vet completely unrelated to me, tell me you look forward to my calling you back (remember what time it is.. on a friday). OK, being the superfly customer service star that I am, I could probably sort this out, right? Only.... you didn't give me your phone number.

I've got plenty more where that came from!

Quoth Kali View Post
    Me: Oh yeah? How'd you manage that?
    SC: Well there was algae in the pond, so I put a cupful of bleach in there to kill the algae. Then the goldfish died.
    At least he kind of understands cause and effect... though he can't link them, he was aware that the goldfish died AFTER he put BLEACH! (No, wait.... !!!) in the fucking tank!
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Ah yes, pet shop idiocy. I remember it well, from all the years I spent at the garden centre pet section. Feel free to keep them coming! ^^
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Poor fish. I used to work in a pet store and I quit, tired of the stress. It wasnt' a bad place, but you get a TWENTY FIVE CENT raise if you go for manager... and you get a bigger raise if you just work for 6 months there. No wonder they can't keep a manager there.

What I want to know is how I get such horrible algae in my 6 gallon when it gets NO direct sunlight and has no bulbin it (The bulb heats the water up too much so I dont turn it on). Must be Nightshade Algae. ;P
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I have to say Kali you have succeeded in making me laugh at least.

Your post is fairly well done, I'm sure GK will be proud or something like that anyway.

Off Topic:

Juwl your present avatar scares me.

Comment

SC: oh ok, so you wouldnt want to swap them for KITTENS?!@~?
            How could anyone be so heartless as to want to trade in their *pets*?

*cuddles her cat-baby protectively, whose gotten even cuter with age*
            Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-06-2008, 12:51 AM. Reason: adding quote tags
            Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Kali, you have got to have some great pwnage of SCs when they ask for your manager and you tell them you're the owner!

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              Off Topic:

Aye chingada, you and me both, esé!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Ah, yes, it's wonderful. If someone is being unreasonable, I let them know. If they continue to be unreasonable, I just say "get out of here". No reprimand, no corporate, no nothing - just me.

Comment

Re: cats for kittens - Obviously the cats weren't actually pets, just animals that the caller happened to have possession of.

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                  Off Topic:

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  ... glad I'm not the only one....

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OK, so I'm going to try my hand at a sarcastic, dramatic and fabulous style of writing that belongs to a certain call center guy we all know.
                    I must say, Good job! You are well on your way to having your own fangirl collection...

Here's a cat for ya...good thing you don't have them in your store with all those fish around...you might wind up with this
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-30-2011, 12:28 AM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Posture Moll View Post
                      How could anyone be so heartless as to want to trade in their *pets*?

*cuddles her cat-baby protectively, whose gotten even cuter with age*
                      I too enjoyed the post.

There is no way I would ever trade in my cat. I am SO glad the kitten-years are behind us. Now we just get occasional 'insane kittten' behavior, which I can deal with.

I will tell him from time to time that I'm going to trade him in on a new model, but I don't think he believes me.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        Off Topic:

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        ... glad I'm not the only one....
                        Awww, but she's so frickin' cute!
                        I wan' one for myself!
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah I gotta say Jewl, That thing makes me want to give it a hug and run away screaming all at the same time

Comment

I can't imagine swopping Hopper for a puppy. He's soooooo goshdarn cute! He'll be three next month!

Juwl, I like your avatar.

As for the dumbass that didn't "know" bleach would kill his goldfish...is he stupid? Has he TRIED breathing noxious substances lately???
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Also, yes, that avatar is terrifying. But at the same time really familiar but I can't quite place it.....I feel like I should know. ><

Comment

Working...
                              X