This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh...

Forgot about this lady until just now...

I rang a lady through, had no problems during her transaction.
    I got through some five other customers between L1 leaving the store entirely, and her sudden return. And she's pissed when she comes back in.
    L1: "I think your computer's ringing things up wrong. It overcharged me by $20!"
    R: "Huh?"
    L1: "I just added my receipt up with my calculator, and I came up with $42 something (Her receipt said $62 something)!"
    R: *look at her receipt, and watch her finger as she points things out, and my mind goes 'click!'* "Ma'am, did you sum this column here? Or that column there? One of those is the price of a single item for each barcode. The other column has the total price of each and every item I scanned for the barcode. You had a lot of multiples on your receipt..."
    L1: *crestfallen, like I'd just told her Christmas was canceled* "Oh."
    I've learned Swahili in the past three seconds, you just said, "Damnit, now I can't get you fired for being a thief! You slimy bastard you!" Damn, I'm good.
    Exuent deflated angry woman.
    *Final Fantasy Fanfare*
    (You gain thirty XP)
    (You gain 10 bonus XP for speedy results!)
    (You gain a level!)
    (Sarcasm +5)
    (Height +4)
    (Faith in humanity -10)
    Last edited by Imogene; 03-15-2008, 01:57 PM. Reason: The fanfare man!
    "I call murder on that!"

You forgot the required DING!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      You forgot the required DING!
      Uh...? ... "fries are done.
      *ding* fries are done.
      I work at Burger King, making Baby Whoppers, I wear paper hats."
      That *ding*?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I'm going to have that FF fanfare jingle stuck in my head for the rest of the day, thanks. Makes me wish my PS1 hadn't given up on life...

Math is fun yaaaay! You gotta figure, if she added things up with her calculator for your store, she probably spends most of her day pressing buttons on that thing making sure other stores didn't "overcharge her $20!!111"
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
          I'm going to have that FF fanfare jingle stuck in my head for the rest of the day, thanks. Makes me wish my PS1 hadn't given up on life...
          *blink, blink* Man... why did my mind pop directly to the FF anthologies? I seem to have lost memory of FF7, 8, and 9... but I loved 9! Freya was awesome! Quina sucked, everyone else was okay!
          "Okay? OKAY? I think we can do better than that!"

As to the jingle, just be glad it isn't your ringtone. Ala Advent Children.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Uh...? ... "fries are done.
            *ding* fries are done.
            I work at Burger King, making Baby Whoppers, I wear paper hats."
            That *ding*?
            "Ding!" Is used mostly in MMORPGs. it's what people say when they gain a level. I...think it started in Everquest, because it made a ding noise when you leveled. /puts on her geek hat.
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Scam

Could this be a scam attempt? If she is this picky about her billing she must have added up her bills before and should have long ago learnt the difference between the two columns. If she is doing a scam, then there is a fair chance that during a busy period with a spineless manager that she would just get the money.

Comment

B&N's receipts list the actual price paid in the right hand column. If you ring up a quantity, it shows the price per item underneath the ISBN/title, like so: 2 @ 9.95. Really quite clear. This still causes problems.

It also shows discounts in the same place: 9.95 - 1.00 with the final price in the right hand column. No, they can't figure this out, either. If you have a quantity, again, it shows underneath that: 2 @ 8.95. Dog, their brains explode!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  That *ding*?
                  No, this Ding!

Short explanation: Way back, when Everquest was still new, the sound effect they used to indicate that a player had gone up a level.

(the link goes to Gu comics, an awesome one panel gaming-related comic [originally /Gu for the command to speak in guild chat in MOGs] and that particular image is also on a t-shirt)

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    *blink, blink* Man... why did my mind pop directly to the FF anthologies? I seem to have lost memory of FF7, 8, and 9...
                    Geasp! I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and go ahead and say that FF7 was, hrm, the best ever. Even if Cloud was a raging emo kid.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      B&N's receipts list the actual price paid in the right hand column. If you ring up a quantity, it shows the price per item underneath the ISBN/title, like so: 2 @ 9.95. Really quite clear. This still causes problems.

It also shows discounts in the same place: 9.95 - 1.00 with the final price in the right hand column. No, they can't figure this out, either. If you have a quantity, again, it shows underneath that: 2 @ 8.95. Dog, their brains explode!
                      That is how it was at my last job. Somehow I did overcharge a woman by $0.75. Now that was an honest mistake. When she came in and showed the receipt, I just gave her the change back.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Funny you should mention that, one of the WoW bosses, who gains strength after defeating a player actually has the same level up effect as a player as well. Usually it's something corny that he says like "I grow stronger the more you fall! or something similar. On a rare occasion he will shout "DING!" as well.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hi, my name is zzapp the witch and I've been an Evercrackhead since the summer of 1999.

(I was mystified that people didn't know what *ding* meant.....)
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                            Hi, my name is zzapp the witch

(I was mystified that people didn't know what *ding* meant.....)
                            Hi, Zzapp!
                            I've never in my life played EverCrack, and have avoided most of the mainstream MMOs, cause, they don't keep my interest.
                            I prefer a storyline to my games. Really, I do. It helps me get lost in the game if I have a plot I'm paying careful attention to. I know some MMOs have good plots, but, the leveling systems bug me for one reason or another.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I can't stand MMORPGs. They drive me and my PC nuts. I'm a FPS kinda gal, or RPGs if the storyline is extraordinary (juuust started Lost Odyssey because I was yelled at for not playing it yet..)

Comment

Working...
                              X