Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn - I haven't posted here in ages...

Ok - tonights's bit of crappiness - and one damn funny one to finish!

Firstly - guy rings in. He needs to pay his account, and to cover himself for stuff from a few days ago. Cos everything is fully computerised (what - in this day and age???), he's got about 1 and a quarter hours to do so, or he cops a bill from us (no - he wouldn't really leave it to the last minute, would he??).

He's gone to a servo to pay it - and apparently, the server for that area is down, so there is nothing in the entire area can be done.

He doesn't have a credit card.

His account has been suspended for......(drumroll pls)... 3 weeks. And he needs to do this now!!!

Guess who's fault it is....

Now - he's got 1 option, and 1 option only (if he can't get a CC), and that's to deal directly with our office. He can't (not that it would really matter anyway... why not? cos his account has been in and out of suspension many times in the last year or 2 - ie - he knows the deal).

And... he got me I'm a bastard with the 'no responsibility' crowd.

I tell him - oh - how many times 'I physically can not do anything to help you with this issue'. How much difference does this make..???

Next ... Where I waste more of my precious time cos you're an idiot (and stop me from reading here...)

M: - moron
    Me - not moron, who asks obviously incomprehensible questions.

M - Hi. I have an account with you, but I need to add an interstate registration to my account and I'm down in <interstate city> and don't have my account number.

Me - That's ok. It doesn't matter what state the vehicle is registered to, as long as it's added to the account. And you've got a <company> account What is your name please?

M - Mo Ron.

Me - hmmm - Ok - I'm not finding it. Can you please confirm how to spell your name for me? (doing part name search - so only the first couple of letters)

M - )confirms what I've got).

me - And you've got a <company and City) account?

M - yes. I don't know what the problem is...

Me - Ok - what's a vehicle rego that should be on your <company and city> account?

M - (rego - from interstate).

Me - And that's and interstate rego on your <company AND city> account? (you already know where this is going - don't you....)

... no - it doesn't show up

M - yes, that's right.

Me - Ok - because I'm not finding that vehicle on any accounts for <COMPANY AND CITY>

M - Oh - that's strange. I don't know why.

Me - and your account is definitely for <lather, rinse.....>

M - yes. for the M4 and M5 (no - not my company and city - as I had given you the chance to sort out numerous times before... but hey - I get paid for dealing with idiots - what's your excuse for being one??

And this just to hand...

My colleague gets a call... and all I can hear from this end is:

Ah.. you've just called <company> what do you want me to do for you....?

I'm a bit

A couple of minutes pass - call ends.

Person has rung for Lavalife (a singles dating thing)

well - ok - we were amused!

Damn - time to head off home and sleep...

Take care everyone - I'll try to come up with better stuff later...

When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Lavalife? Isn't that one of those "party-line" things that advertises on late night cable?

Cue sexy voice: "You can talk to real, live singles..."

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Cue sexy voice: "You can talk to real, live singles..."
      Maybe it's just me, but every time I see those commercials, I automatically think "there's gotta be some morbidly obese man on the other end of the phone who just so happens to have watched so many soap operas he perfected the 'sexy voice'"

Maybe it's just me...
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Well it makes sense. When you're lonely and horny, you call up someone who knows a lot of people that suck. lol!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
        X