Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing yet. I'm keeping an eye on it.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• One of today's letters:

DEAR ABBY: I'm in my 20s and work as a cashier in a convenience store. One of my regulars recently won the lottery.

I am newly married and have a 7-month-old. We live with my in-laws, and we're dying to get our own place.

The lottery winner is somewhat good-looking, but about 20 years older than I am. Abby, he propositioned me -- if you know what I mean. He offered a large sum of money, which would help my family get our own place.

I'm confused. What do I do? -- DESPERATELY SEEKING MY OWN PLACE IN TEXAS

DEAR DESPERATELY SEEKING: You're not confused; your customer is. He may have won the lottery, but he's a loser. You are a cashier, not a prostitute. Tell him there are some things money can't buy -- and one of them is YOU.

Think maybe she's read some responses?
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

• Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
        Think maybe she's read some responses?
        She still hasn't redeemed herself yet.

Oh, and that letter? Has to be fake, no one recently and happily married would even consider screwing that over for money. Unless they are a gold digger or something.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• But she may lose the store a customer!

Comment

• Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
            But she may lose the store a customer!
            Oh noooes~! *gasp!*
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Yeah, so I've been MIA for about a month now. I don't read Dear Abby so I had no idea that this stupid lady is out there giving people bad advice. I sent a letter as well.

Comment

• Here's mine.

Dear Abby
                In response to Nicki in Maryland (March 23rd). Abby I would be ashamed to admit to anyone in public that you write for a advice column. You say it's okay to tell people not to touch you if you're pregnant, if you're growing out a pony tail for a good cause to ask people to stop tugging their hair, to leave service animals to their jobs and you have the audacity to tell this lovely person to suck it up or quit? Dear lady, your advice was faulty. At the very least you could have offered a polite way of requesting customers not to touch her. Loosing a single customer will not hurt any business because it's just that. ONE customer.
                You shame other advice givers with such nonsense. How can you be so cruel?

--A Customer Service Rep.

Comment

• Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
                  But she may lose the store a customer!
                  not to mention losing herself a customer...

Comment

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    She still hasn't redeemed herself yet.

Oh, and that letter? Has to be fake, no one recently and happily married would even consider screwing that over for money. Unless they are a gold digger or something.
                    Don't discount the power of desperate and stupid.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• I'd demand the money upfront.
                      Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

• Today's letter referenced Feb 28th.

We're looking for March 23rd.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

• I can't wait for the feedback column.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• You know.... it's actually kind of sad if you think about it. You get bad advice.... you think you're on your own and were wrong because of it.... months later you might (if you're still reading) find out that you were right all along and the advice was bad.

Comment

• Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                              You know.... it's actually kind of sad if you think about it. You get bad advice.... you think you're on your own and were wrong because of it.... months later you might (if you're still reading) find out that you were right all along and the advice was bad.
                              Hopefully Nicki is smart enough to take this advice with a grain of salt...
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Too bad we can't contact Nicki to let him/her/it know about CS.com. :-\
                                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                                X