This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually

at Disney World a few years ago during Gay Pride week. I didn't know it until some guy gave me a bracelet to wear, and I had no clue what it meant. I wore it around for a while, and after about the fifth guy hit on me, I asked him why everyone thought I was gay. He told me that the bracelet I was wearing signified that I was gay. Needless to say, the bracelet went in my pocket, and now is hanging from my rear view mirror as a joke.

Comment

[scarcasm] Of course you can't go when it's gay pride week! Don't you know it's a cover-up for THE GAYS recruting straight people into their numbers?!? If you take little Suzie and little Johnny anywhere NEAR a gay at Disneyworld, they'll get infected! It's just like vampries, only with more tans! [/scarcasm]

There are so many reasons to hate humanity, and this lady just gave me another one.
      "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

There are far better reasons to be displeased with Disney. They will ban you from the park for LIFE for legally carrying a concealed weapon yet they will not provide adequate security in the parking areas.

Comment

Quoth RebeccaOTool View Post
          [scarcasm] Of course you can't go when it's gay pride week! Don't you know it's a cover-up for THE GAYS recruting straight people into their numbers?!? If you take little Suzie and little Johnny anywhere NEAR a gay at Disneyworld, they'll get infected! It's just like vampries, only with more tans! [/scarcasm]
          Geez, were you supposed to reveal that part of The Gay Agenda? Now everyone knows.

I dont' want to be you when the Head Homosexual finds out.

Comment

I don't even want to know how guns got into this, but, again, please keep political and social discussions out of this thread. Thanks again.
            Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I wonder if the woman ever called her travel agent at or after 8:30 am.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                While I lol'ed at the comment, they do host a Gay Pride week at Disney (I think Disney World, but it might be Disney Land). We've seen complaints about it on PFB, even. Mostly it's just that there are a lot of gay people at the park that week, and I believe they participate in parades within the park. I personally think it sounds like great fun.
                Yes, Disney most certainly has Gay Pride Week (usually the first weekend in June). Disney doesn't Advertise this, per se, but it's a well-known fact. All of Orlando turns Rainbow!

I went in 96 & 97 -- wore my red shirt with pride!!!
                Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Sorry I was under the impression that the whole gay pride thing was also political/social.

Comment

I've always wanted to go to gay pride event. Mmm...lesbians in skimpy apparel.

I may not have a snowball's chance in hell, but hey, I can at least enjoy the view.
                    Some people are like slinkies,
                    They don't really serve a purpose,
                    But they still bring a smile to your face
                    When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

lol ok freelance i understand, its is sooooooooo not a disney thing. Disney doesnt do gay. Disney does suggestions and maybes but then oh no hes not gay hes straight.

Comment

Quoth RebeccaOTool View Post

There are so many reasons to hate humanity, and this lady just gave me another one.
                        Wait! You mean my gays aunts aren't hanging around me because they love me as their niece? It is all a plot to make me catch the ghey? I will let them know that I'm on to their little plot now!
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I'm straight, with quite a few gay friends and I haven't gotten the sense that the feeling is mutual regarding gay pride events.

The gays don't want the homophobes around just as much as the homophobes don't want the gays around.

Off the topic a little, I've always thought Donald the Duck was a little gay or perhaps Bi-, because no straight duck would ever be caught dead wearing that outfit.
                          Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Well, I dunno, bare-assed in a sailor suit isn't great fashion by anyone's standards. You know the stereotype, gay men are supposed to have good fashion sense. Don dosnt' have that, clearly.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              I wonder if the woman ever called her travel agent at or after 8:30 am.
                              I'll bet $100 she did - and she started off ranting before the agent could get a word in.
                              As for the OP, "ladies" like this tying up the emergency line is probably why I was stuck on hold so long once at an airport payphone. There is nothing in the planning stage that can be considered "urgent" - but you bet your bippy that I consider having missed my flight that only goes everyother day and I have pre-paid resort reservations to change is urgent

I had one client call me laughing because he didn't realize that it was Gay Pride week and - you guessed it - he had worn his red shirt to the park. It took him awhile to figure out what was going on and called me when he returned to his room to change. He said that the crowds were the most fun and polite of any time he had ever been there.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. Well, most of 'em.

It would absolutely ASTOUND you at the kind of calls I get on the emergency travel line.

Also, keep in mind that they have to push a button which states a variation of 'if this call is of an urgent nature and can't wait till the next business day, please press 2'.

Here goes:

~Calling at 10pm on a Saturday wanting to book a cruise for 6 months from now. Bonus points if you get mad when I tell you to call back Monday morning.

~Calling on any given MAJOR U.S holiday (Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc), asking for 'Mary' or 'Janet' or whoever their travel agent is and acting SHOCKED that she's probably home with her family, and not sitting there at the mom and pop agency, eagerly awaiting their call. Again, bonus points if you yell at me because I can't conjure up 'Mary' or 'Janet' and/or refuse to give their home numbers and/or call them myself.

~Calling to change your seat assignment for 5 weeks out, because you JUST noticed that you have a seat toward the BACK of the plane and you want to be in the bulkhead. Bonus points if you've had your itinerary for several months already and just decided to look at it at 10pm on a Saturday night. Extra bonus points if you yell at me when I attempt to explain that the majority of airlines block the bulkhead seating for handicapped or elderly passengers.

Those are just a few that spring to mind. I'll throw some more in later if I think of them.
                                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                                X