X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 sucky customers, 1 day.

Sucky customer 1.

In our area, there is a grocery store that is running a fuel perk program. They list that it's accepted at stores which I somewhat work at. But we are an independent licensee of the name and images and gasoline that are sold by us. As such, we do not accept the fuel perk program because it's not through the company that owns my store.

Guess what happens today... some schmuck comes in and gives me the card. I tell him that we don't accept that. He starts about how his wife came in earlier and used it and that I am obviously not wanting to do it for some reason. I even apologize to him again and say "I'm sorry sir but we don't accept that card. He starts going on about that he KNOWS that we accept it and that for some reason I won't honor it. It doesn't bother me at all. Heck he prepaid for gas and when he left the store, he got in his car and almost left the premises before he went back to the pump and pumped the gas. If he left, I would've cancelled the sale of the prepay and he would have to come back in to prepay again or possibly just given him the money back. I would've done it just to make his life that much more difficult. I know I shouldn't be a jerk at work, but if you're willing to argue me on something like this and then act like he did, he deserves it.

Sucky Customer 2.

Guy comes in smoking a cigarette. I tell him "Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store" He asks why and I tell him simply that we don't allow smoking in the store. He complains that we don't have a sign. I point him to the one that is on our window that says "No Smoking" and he starts bitching that it SHOULD be on the door cause "no one" will ever see it clearly posted on the window next to the door. Honestly, if it's posted no smoking, it's no smoking. You've retroactively lost any argument you could ever have the second you walk into the door with a smoke in your mouth and lit up. And he paid for $6 in gas in loose change to boot!

Sucky Customer 3 and 4.

Girl comes in gets a drink, asks for cigarettes. I ask for ID. She says she needs to get it out of her car. She goes and gets it. It's expired. I tell her that I can't accept it and sell her the smokes. She goes into a fit about "That's my identity!" and that even though it's against the law for me to sell her smokes with an expired ID that it's the "most bullshit thing she's ever heard". She grabs her drink, starts walking out the door. BUT as I have not rung the whole sale up and she has not given me the money to pay for the drink I tell her "Miss if you leave the store with that you are shoplifting." She comes back pays for the drink, all the while cursing about how she wasn't allowed to buy smokes cause of the "asshole" behind the counter (i.e ME)

THEN

Someone who was in the store goes out and tells her HE will purchase the cigarettes for her. He comes in and asks for the same brand of smokes as the girl, I ask him if he's purchasing them for the girl, he says "Yes" I tell him I won't make the sale cause it's a second party sale. Which is also illegal because, even though she might be over the age to purchase cigarettes, I have no legal proof that she is. He starts saying he's gonna buy them for himself now, and I flat out refuse since he already admitted that he was buying them for her in the first place I will not budge in refusing to sell them to him.
    Last edited by Namrepus221; 04-03-2008, 06:39 AM.

Yup, winners all of them.

Whats fuel perks? Like getting so much off a gallon?

Comment

Why can't they just renew their ID?? If its expired they need to understand it's NO longer valid. That drives me insane.

Comment

Speaking of smoking in the store, I did this once:

Me: There's no smoking allowed in here.
        SC: Don't you think it's stupid that I can buy it here but not use it here?
        Me: Not at all, we also sell condoms.

Comment

Personally, I think it's rather lame that expired ID won't work for age confirmation. It's not like one can CHANGE who the person is on the ID.

On the other hand, one IS required to have a valid ID to drive.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I used to hate it when people would try to do second hand sales and get irritated with me when I wouldn't sell. Hang in there.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              Speaking of smoking in the store, I did this once:

Me: There's no smoking allowed in here.
              SC: Don't you think it's stupid that I can buy it here but not use it here?
              Me: Not at all, we also sell condoms.

You rock.

Comment

Here's the thing too.... the license had been SUSPENDED since before that date as well.

Comment

It amazes me how many people go out driving without a license or with expired ones. At least half of the people ID either don't have it with them or it's not valid.

Come on people, really? If you're having that much trouble remembering to bring your license with you when you get in your car, then hell, just leave it in there.
                  Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                    Personally, I think it's rather lame that expired ID won't work for age confirmation. It's not like one can CHANGE who the person is on the ID.

the sororities and fraternities up here are known for the graduation seniors leaving their old WI state ID's at the houses for the underage students to use. Pick one that looks close and go out-some of them do expire and since the student is still underage will try to use it. Also had someone go through my sister's trash and pull out her expired ID and try to use it, at the same bar my sis was already in.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Wouldn't believe how many expired licenses I get to see.
                      Thankfully we only need a valid license when we are taking checks (when we have to write the Expiration date on the check and in our computer, for other various things we need ID for (Mobile Phones, etc) its unreqiured thankfully.

On the issue of ignorance of no smoking signs, our store is on the edge of the mall (we are the first store in as you walk inside). There are many clear no smoking stickers on our glass external wall (Mall puts them up), yet staff from other stores and one of the supermarkets ignore it, and smoke out their anyway. Rather irritating when the smell starts seeping through into the door on a windy day (not that it bothers me, but its not good in the store).
                      - Boochan

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

You rock.
                        Well I did steal the line from an old (we're talking late 60s) issue of Mad Magazine (my dad used to be a big fan). But I did actually say it.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                          Why can't they just renew their ID?? If its expired they need to understand it's NO longer valid. That drives me insane.
                          depends on how long the ID has been expired...I know on my 21st birthday I waited till the last minute to change it over (it expired ON my 21st birthday) but the DMV was closed that day...so I was able to use it...but they told me (politely of course) that it expires tomorrow. course it was all well and good till I got pulled over for speeding that night >< at 11:45pm and would of expired at midnight! But thats another story entirely ><
                          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

To be honest, I'd be quite annoyed if I couldn't use an expired ID as proof of age. I got my learner's license when I turned sixteen and never bothered to actually learn to drive so my license expired. Regardless, it was still the only proof of age I had when I turned 19 (drinking age here). I never had a problem using it in bars, or for crossing the border into the US. My reasons for not renewing it were my own, but I don't think it's fair to penalize people for not driving.

those who drive with expired licenses are a completely different story. that's unacceptable.

Comment

Quoth Happy Otter Lover View Post
                              To be honest, I'd be quite annoyed if I couldn't use an expired ID as proof of age. I got my learner's license when I turned sixteen and never bothered to actually learn to drive so my license expired. Regardless, it was still the only proof of age I had when I turned 19 (drinking age here). I never had a problem using it in bars, or for crossing the border into the US. My reasons for not renewing it were my own, but I don't think it's fair to penalize people for not driving.

those who drive with expired licenses are a completely different story. that's unacceptable.
                              Its to combat fraud. When you get a new one you throw out the old one. If you didn't cut it up then someone might steal it and use it. It's the same reason we can't take cards that have no sig/someone elses name on them. It's all about fraud and liability.

Comment

Working...
                              X