This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager D Pwns Snotty Woman

We had to jack up our prices on the buffet again, since everything is ridiculously priced.

$45.60 for 20lbs of cheese? RIP OFF.

So, the lunch buffet with a drink, after tax, is $7.99.

Pure coincidence.

Manager D is the master of moment wit.

Lady: Okay, buffet and a drink.
    MD: That'll be $7.99, ma'am.
    --He hands her a penny change.
    Lady: Wha.. thats stupid why didn't you just make it eight dollars?
    MD: Then give me my penny back.

YES!

A winner is Manager D.

Though that's not a terrible idea, I guess. Just up the price by whatever fraction of a cent will result in an $8 bill after tax.
    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

I'm guessing this lady thinks that coins are obsolete. I find change quite useful myself.

Your manager's response was pretty cool, BTW.

Comment

Excellent work on the manager's part. That's the kind of thing I always think of after the fact.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I had just the opposite. I delivered a pizza to a guy once. The total was $9.99. He handed me a ten. I said thanks and left. When I got back to the store he had called the manager and complained that I didn't give him his penny.

Comment

Quoth STEELMAN View Post
            I had just the opposite. I delivered a pizza to a guy once. The total was $9.99. He handed me a ten. I said thanks and left. When I got back to the store he had called the manager and complained that I didn't give him his penny.
            You know, this happens more often that you think. Maybe not so much with a penny, but petty change .... It's amazing what some people will quibble over ... (seriously, you're not tipping the driver and you want your eight cents back??!!)
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth STEELMAN View Post
              we have several customers like that in my delivery area. you had better have EXACT change READY to had back to them even 1 single SOLITARY penny. thank goodness that one of them has started to pay by CC so all they do is write a big FAT ZERO on the tip line.. at least it is a straight stiff done with a smile (and as I fantasize occasionally smile evilly as I put them thru a wood chipper)
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                $45.60 for 20lbs of cheese? RIP OFF.
                Depends on the cheese. What I usually get at the grocery store would run $80-$100 for twenty pounds (mmmm...pepperjack). And the store I go to is one of the cheaper in the area.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

If people don't want their pennies, I'll take them!!

They add up after a while, you know.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    we have several customers like that in my delivery area. you had better have EXACT change READY to had back to them even 1 single SOLITARY penny. thank goodness that one of them has started to pay by CC so all they do is write a big FAT ZERO on the tip line.. at least it is a straight stiff done with a smile (and as I fantasize occasionally smile evilly as I put them thru a wood chipper)
                    So what do you guys do? Aww, come on. Do you take a little longer with those customers, forget to put their pizza in the bag, tilt the pizza? I am sure you guys must get revenge in some way.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      If people don't want their pennies, I'll take them!!

They add up after a while, you know.

That is the only thing I love about pennies. I save my pennies and whenever I get a jar full, I roll them up and put them in my checking account. Starting to think about maybe putting it into a savings.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        This reminded me of one lady that would always order a few minutes before close and stiff us every time. One night she wanted to put her order on her cc. I asked her if she would like to put a tip for the driver on it. She said uhhhh 1 dollar very snottily. Then she called back two minutes later, canceled her order and has never ordered since.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Depends on the cheese. What I usually get at the grocery store would run $80-$100 for twenty pounds (mmmm...pepperjack). And the store I go to is one of the cheaper in the area.
                          Our's is our company brand name. This time last month it was $20 for all that.

It is a rip-off lol

Comment

Working...
                          X