This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
    Uh-oh...someone better call the whaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance! Seriously, who cries because they can't buy a game system?

Very true. If your life revolves around whether or not you can get a particular gaming system then you must not have much of a life. My trips to the retailer were also not just for the Wii. I had other things I needed or wanted to buy. The Wii was incidental to my visits.
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Heh-

I can't believe it's been nearly 2 years since the little bugger came out and there is still such a high demand for it. As I have posted before, I have dealt with this nearly every day since it came out. I have gotten somewhat immune to the endless barrage of "You got any Wii's ?" everyday. I have accepted that there will be some people who will be assholes about it, and some who will be gracious about it. You can be sure that I am more helpful to the latter.
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I'll admit, I went the ebay route. Being a single parent, I don't have much time as it is, and my reasoning was that my time was worth the extra (and boy, was it extra) money I spent to make sure my son had one under the Christmas tree.

That's all he talked about for months and months, and I promised him that if he was a good boy he would get one. Sadly, I didn't realize til I started the search how in demand they were.

Surprisingly, though, it was a pretty good experience with ebay. Bought it Thursday, had it by Monday, receipt attached and everything. Brand new, everything operational.

Comment

Quoth Sacknahalf05 View Post
          I'll admit, I went the ebay route. Being a single parent, I don't have much time as it is, and my reasoning was that my time was worth the extra (and boy, was it extra) money I spent to make sure my son had one under the Christmas tree.
          I ordered one from a reseller on Amazon. It cost an extra $100, but with gas prices these days, I probably saved money by not driving around from store to store.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            Tell em that if they can't find a Wii then buy a Playstation 3. There's plenty of those to be had...lol.
            Hehehe that reminds me of a sign I saw at a local GameStop about 2 months after the Wii's release: "NO, we do not have any Wiis. NO, we do not know when we will get more. We DO have PS3s! Buy them! Please!"

Anywho, back OT. Here's a link to a funny little flash cartoon I dug up off of Newgrounds. I think it fits the bill here pretty well...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/423444
            Some people are like slinkies,
            They don't really serve a purpose,
            But they still bring a smile to your face
            When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Quoth LambChop View Post
              Hehehe that reminds me of a sign I saw at a local GameStop about 2 months after the Wii's release: "NO, we do not have any Wiis. NO, we do not know when we will get more. We DO have PS3s! Buy them! Please!"
              I know someone who would have liked to put up a sign like that. Several someones. They had to settle for the first 2 lines.

We got our because I was F-ing the Assistant Manager at GameStop my husband was an AM at GameStop, and he knew when the pre-orders were going to go live. At no point did he even think about "holding" a pre-order or that rare spare console, even for me. If I couldn't get my @$$ down there in time, too bad. (I him so! ) And he enforced that with all the customers. (Although the really good regulars would get a private call that it would behoove them to get to the store at a certain time on a certain day.)

Seriously. It's a F-ing video game system. The best press I've seen about it (and I love my Wii, don't get me wrong), was the article about a local woman whose family helped her buy one for the nursing home her mother spent her final days in. And the front page, above the fold was a nice big picture of two residents playing, a bunch more in chairs and such around them, everyone grinning ear to ear.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I think that it might be getting better though. Today I had to wonder of wonders, Backstock a Wii. Now, if only I could get a nunchck in stock, sigh.
                They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

I just head-desked then when I saw that my Groups advertising department is proudly advertising heavily on TV that they have Nintendo Wii's available in stock, as well as other consoles. I just checked inventory then, and not one store in the state has any stock of the Wii. IDIOTS! Times like these I'm thankful I don't work for that brand.
                  Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                  I know someone who would have liked to put up a sign like that. Several someones. They had to settle for the first 2 lines.
                  Seconded, for myself. We've had cheap Xbox 360s sitting around, with the best deal going around in the centre since NOVEMBER. We have sold ONE so far, we've probably been asked over 200 times for the Wii
                  - Boochan

Comment

Wii and SC rhyme. A mere coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Trouble, with a hard-to-find Wii, that rhymes with P, and that stands for Pool!

... sorry...

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                        If they were to build the additional factories, etc needed to meet the high demand, what do they then do with them once the EXTREMELY high demand has been met????
                        Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                        Then what do they do with all the extra factories and other sundries they aquire to meet this demand?
                        That's an easy one. They can use those factories to make the Wii 2 and Wii 3. That way we'll have fewer SCs to hear about ..... Nah, that part will never happen.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

at my particular games store, employees were allowed to preorder a Wii at launch but we were not allowed to to hold or reserve any (even for ourselves) after that.

I swear some people stake the place out as whenever Wiis would come in, even if it had been dead for an hour before, a sudden flood of customers would show up looking for them.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

No doubt. I had one freak who was literaly staking out the store waiting for our shipment, bugging me every ten minutes wondering if it came in. When it finally did, I told him there wasn't any Wiis on it. Turns out the manager told him that it was certain we would get them on that shipment, which was news to me because we didn't even have any listed on order at the time, so we had no proof of it.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              That's an easy one. They can use those factories to make the Wii 2 and Wii 3. That way we'll have fewer SCs to hear about ..... Nah, that part will never happen.
                              You mean the Wii Ni?

Sorry, I'll go do manual labor now. I think I hear a sheep calling for me.
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Kalga View Post
                                All this over the most innovative game system ever.

*goes off to sit in the 'innovative does not make it fun' corner*
                                omg... have you tried it? IT is *SOOOOOOO* much fun!!!!! My ex-husband and I were out shopping with the kids when I happened to see a couple of them in a display case. I asked the guy if they were actual Wiis or just boxes and he said 'no, those are real Wiis'.... so we snapped one up (well, the ex did... I'm waiting for the eventual decrease in price, since I'm poor LOL). They are AWESOME to play with, the kids like it, we like it, everybody who's come over to try it has liked it! It really is the first universal-appeal console. There's something for everyone Don't knock it until you try it (even my 83 year old grandma likes it LOL)
                                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X