Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't EVER try something like that in my friend's pub...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Because I don't even look good in shorts. I shudder to think of me in a skirt.
    Is it bad to think the same way of yourself if you're a female?

Back when I was 13 or 14, a guy I went to school with told me I had the ugliest legs he'd ever seen.

Scarred me for life.

Even having the at work boyfriend pant after my chubby, pasty legs doesn't help.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I say points to you for invoking change and wearing a skirt. c:

Although in this day and age, although change is becoming more common, it doesn't surprise me that someone would want to pick fights with you for doing so. I'm not saying you're asking for it, but if I were in your skirt(as well as male), I'd expect it.

That guy was still sucky though. Having a bad opinion of someone's clothing/lifestyle is no grounds to be rude.

As for 'leaving the boyfriend because he wears skirts'...

My boyfriend wore what he called a "Towel-skirt" on top of his pants all day. Then came to school the same way the next day.

Of course, he loves to be ridiculously random. But I'd never hold it against him. I think it's fun. A little different of a situation, but he could show up in a pink dress and a bra and I'd still love him. XD
      Last edited by Chazzie; 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
        I don't get it. What kind of skirt does a guy wear (without it being a kilt) that still let's him hold onto a girlfriend?
        Honestly, it's easier to stick your hand up their skirt than down their trousers. Especially if there's PVC undies involved...
        God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
          I'm just dressing as a man in a skirt
          I now have the theme of Robin Hood: Men in Tights running through my head.

"We're men! We're men in tights! We roam around the forest looking for fights! We may look like sissies, but watch what you say or else we'll put out your lights!"
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Personally, I think there's nothing more attractive than cross dressing. I much prefer women, but if I ever did settle down with a guy, he'd have to be pretty feminine. Besides - so many men have such good legs, and shorts usually aren't that flattering. A nice skirt, though...

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
              I say points to you for invoking change and wearing a skirt. c:

Although in this day and age, although change is becoming more common, it doesn't surprise me that someone would want to pick fights with you for doing so. I'm not saying you're asking for it, but if I were in your skirt(as well as male), I'd expect it.
              Thanks, I appreciate that. And to some extent, I do expect hostility... and yet, so far this is the first experience of the sort I've had, and I live in a chav-heavy area. If they can ignore me (or at the very most just ask me why I'm in a skirt - seriously, all I usually get is inquisitiveness from people) I find it shocking that this older guy would feel compelled to start something.

Although considering what the barman told me about him being abusive to other customers throughout the day, I guess anything would have set him off.

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
              "We're men! We're men in tights! We roam around the forest looking for fights! We may look like sissies, but watch what you say or else we'll put out your lights!"
              I actually hadn't thought of that before
              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
                I don't get it. What kind of skirt does a guy wear (without it being a kilt) that still let's him hold onto a girlfriend?

Wearing intelligence, willingness to question the status quo, and tolerance, is much sexier than the clothes themselves.

Wearing strict allegiance to gender stereotypes is worse than a wife-beater with a mustard stain.
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                  Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I don't wear what I'd consider 'women's' skirts, just as I wouldn't wear women's trousers. They're full length, fitted to me, and covered in various straps/buckles. Not what I'd consider overly feminine anyway
                  Similar to this?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

YUM-OH!

Lordlundar, I bow to you and your picture finding glory.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      Similar to this?
                      Not exactly, but you're sorta on the right lines

I'll get pictures soon, just a bit busy atm
                      ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        Have you looked at the crap some people keep in a briefcase?
                        I keep my crap in the toilet...

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          A Kilt IS a skirt. Or am I wrong about that?
                          Thanks for handing me the perfect straightline. Imagine the red lines being said in a thick Scottish accent.

'Tis not a skirt, and if ye be so ignorant as to call it that, ye are liable to get kilt.

As for "what's worn under a Scotsman's kilt?"

Nay, lassie, 'tis not worn at all. 'Tis in excellent condition.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I have the sudden urge to listen to The Drunken Scotsman.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Isn't that an oxymoron?
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                                Quoth Pagan View Post
                                Isn't that an oxymoron?
                                No, I'm pretty sure Scotsmen are capable of getting drunk, so there's no self-contradiction here. Could be redundant, though
                                "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X