X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Happy Fun Time Customers!!!!

More Fun

Me: -Takes an entire order, with no problems from the customer- Okay, and your person in charge of paying accounts would be -checks name in account- Donna?
    SC: Donna is in charge of our paying our accounts.
    Me: Okay, so Donna is in charge of paying your accounts.
    SC: I don't know, you told me she was, so I was asking you to confirm my records.
    Me: Ma'am, I don't know who is in charge of paying your accounts, that's what I asked You the Original Question of who pays your accounts.
    SC: Oh, I thought you knew that.
    Me: -Facepalm-

Even More Fun
    This one sounds absurd, but I have found out, that she has done this before to several other reps.

Me: -Opening Dialog-
    SC: Why are there charges on my credit card for widgets?
    Me: May I have your info
    SC: -Gives info-
    Me: Well Ma'am it appears that you ordered twenty widgets on 09-09-09, and the total is $xx.xx.
    SC: No one told me about this, I didn't know about this charge.
    Me: Ma'am it's says your name right here that you placed the order.
    SC: Yes I placed the order, but I didn't know there would be a charge.
    Me: -Brain slowly dying after that statement- Ma'am you placed an order, a total was given, you didn't pay at the time of the order, we would then invoice you.
    SC: Well I didn't want to be invoiced, I didn't approve of you sending me a bill.
    Me: Ma'am we have to send a bill for our merchandise that you purchased from us, so we can get money for the items.
    SC: Well maybe you should ask people if you're allowed to bill them or not. From now on, when I order from you, you will not bill me for the order.
    Me: So, you will be paying with a credit card when you place the order from now on, I can note your account with that information.
    SC: Credit Card? No, I won't be doing that.
    Me: Ma'am, then how are we supposed to get the order to you if you don't want to be billed or use your credit card, or even a check if you'd like.
    SC: Just send the items out, and we'll deal with it from there.
    Me: -Facepalm- I'm sending you to your area manager Ma'am, have a great day.

Yet More Fun

SC: I'd like to make an order.
    Me: Okay, I can help you with that, could you please read off your complete shipping and billing address for your account please?
    SC: 5555 E. Fifth Street
    Me: -Waits-
    Me: -Waits Some More-
    Me: Ma'am, I need your complete shipping and billing address.
    SC: (Sounding Annoyed) Okay, let me read it again, 5555 E. Fifth Street
    Me: Ma'am, may I have the city, state and zipcode please?
    SC: You should have asked that in the first place.

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
    Even More Fun

So in other words she wanted them free...wow...yea you were nice to not just hang up on her or not point out that she just can't not pay for items you supplied to her.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-16-2008, 07:57 AM. Reason: edit quotes

Comment

"You mean I have to PAY? This is ridiculous!
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Kind of feel like when I ask for a phone number and they give us ###-#### and when we ask for an area code they give us their zip code.

Comment

SC: I'd like to make an order.
          Me: Okay, I can help you with that, could you please read off your complete shipping and billing address for your account please?
          SC: 5555 E. Fifth Street
          Me: -Waits-
          Me: -Waits Some More-
          Me: Ma'am, may I have the city, state and zipcode please?
          SC: You should have asked that in the first place.
          I get the opposite when people call in for pizza delivery. They give me the entire address including state and zip code.

Yeah I'll get the pizza mailed right out to you.
          I don't like your attitude!
          Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

I get the opposite when people call in for pizza delivery. They give me the entire address including state and zip code.
            At least you're getting everything you need all at once. Be thankful.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              Heck, I generally have to agree that too much information, useless as it is, is so much better than people who don't give you what you need/specifically ask for, or just flat out refuse.

And I know the feeling with the "I didn't approve billing!" lady - we warn people when they send a unit in for repair that if there is liquid, lightning, smoke, burn or physical damage (i.e. if you spilled coffee on it or broke pieces off of it) it will void the warranty and there will be additional charges. Yet they're always shocked when they get billed, and try to refuse payment as we didn't use "an approved PO from [their] billing dept!" As if we're not going to come after them.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                Oh don't get me wrong. I have a much harder time with people who won't give you complete information or who you have to pry it out of i.e.

ME: Is that a house or an apartment?
                SC: An apartment.
                (I wait for an apartment number which should logically follow)
                ME: And the apartment number?
                SC: B 112
                ME: Is there a security code to get in?
                SC: Yes
                (I wait for the security code which should logically follow)
                ME: And the security code?

Oh well, I guess you have to lead some people by the hand.

As for the address with the zip code thing. I find it more humorous than anything else.
                I don't like your attitude!
                Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

Even More Fun

I think my brain just stopped. Wait....yup...it stopped, and the drooling has begun.
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Shimatta View Post
                    Kind of feel like when I ask for a phone number and they give us ###-#### and when we ask for an area code they give us their zip code.

I get that one all the time! Yesterday some gal gave me her phone number without the area code. I asked her from the area code, she starts spouting out the zip, I ask her again for the area code and she cuts me off with a snippy, "But I just gave it to you.." leading to me spending five minutes explaining to the retard sc that zip codes and area codes are not the same. Ugh!

I have a new coping mechanism for the shirty ones, I do all I can for them and when they go into the lather, rinse, repeat cycle of screaming and demanding the same things over and over I tell them I've dealt with their problem or taken a message for the customer service people and to have a nice day before just hanging up.
                    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

We have two area codes in my county, 111 and 222. Almost every time the customer leaves off the area code, he'll respond to my query in an incredibly snotty tone of voice, as if I should have known, from his obvious sophistication and good breeding, that he had a --- area code. It's about 75/25 between 111 and 222, probably because all phones issued before 5 years ago had a 111 code, so a certain demographic has never had to deal with a 222 code. Likewise, most teenagers get 222 cell phones, so some of them act like only geezers use the 111 code, and they're way too cool for that.
                      "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Shimatta View Post
                        I used to get that ALL the time when I was working in phone sales. One day I had to argue with a woman over it.

Me: "Can I get your phone number, ma'am?"
                        SC: "123-4567."
                        Me: "Could I get your area code please?"
                        SC: "*sigh* 12345.
                        Me: "I'm sorry, I needed your area code."
                        SC: "I SAID 12345."
                        Me: "I know, but I need you AREA code."
                        SC: "That IS my area code! 12345!"
                        Me: "No, ma'am, that's your -"
                        SC: "YES it is! How the f*ck would you know? Huh? If you know what my area code is, why'd you ask for it!"
                        Me: "Ma'am, that's your zip code. The area code is three numbers before your phone number."
                        SC ".........555."
                        "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                        "Red."
                        "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                        "RED!"
                        "..."

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post
                          I used to get that ALL the time when I was working in phone sales. One day I had to argue with a woman over it.

SC: "YES it is! How the f*ck would you know? Huh? If you know what my area code is, why'd you ask for it!"
                          Me: "Ma'am, that's your zip code. The area code is three numbers before your phone number."
                          SC ".........555."
                          OMG! I have that EXACT same conversation about a dozen or more times a day.
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth IHateStupidCustomers View Post

SC ".........555."
                            Oh god. Every day I used to do this---but with ZIP codes. Thankfully we took that option out of our register system a month or so ago.
                            To put in perspective--where I work we have a TON (metro area) of zip codes in addition to zips from adjoining states that people commute from to work here.

Phone numbers--same thing, there are at least 4-5 area codes that it could be at any time.

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
                              Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

As for the idiots that can't remember what the heck an area code is, you should just ask for their phone number, area code first. Or as for their 10-digit phone number, but that would likely be way too much technical data for their tiny little minds.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X