Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, guess I should never make a mistake around a lot of you guys if you think she was sucky. Sometimes things happen, thats called LIFE folks. She DID apologize. Yoda says that cashier has too much suck in him to become a Jedi.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
      Wow, guess I should never make a mistake around a lot of you guys if you think she was sucky. Sometimes things happen, thats called LIFE folks. She DID apologize. Yoda says that cashier has too much suck in him to become a Jedi.
      The point was that she knew ahead of time she could be short money and she didn't take five minutes to check or transfer funds, things she could do by phone, at an ATM or online, before she went in to shop. It would have been different if the bank had made a mistake, or if a check that should have cleared hadn't. But she walked in knowing there could be a problem and did not make an effort to take care of it. That's why I voted for suck.

Please note that I also rated the checker sucky.

If her behavior means that they did have to toss food and that makes prices go up, then she rates double suck.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You were both sucky.

It's very easy to figure out how much money you have in your checking account. You can go online to look up your balance (I would imagine most, if not all banks now have the web sites where you can do this), you can call the bank and ask them to look up your balance, or you can even balance your checkbook. One thing I do is subtract the amount of a check or online payment before it even goes though and clears; that prevents me from overspending money that I'd otherwise need to cover the payment and I don't end up bouncing checks.

There have likely been many stories on this web site in various incarnations where a cashier has to spend time voiding items off a transaction because the customer doesn't have enough money to pay for any or all of them, a line forms while they're doing this, and then the cashier stands to be yelled at by customers in the line who were mad they had to wait.

Probably an innocent mistake, but one you easily could have avoided. That being said, the cashier did not need to cop such an attitude.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, yeah. The cashier was definitely super-suck here.

However, as has been mentioned, the whole event could have never happened.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Danjo View Post
            Other wise it's sent back, its temperature is taken and if it's a certain range, the exact numbers escape me, it's put back on the shelf.
            I think it's 40 Degrees. If it's warmer then that it has to be thrown out.

(Yay, food safety training course... that wasn't necessary for a WAITRESS.)
            Last edited by Evil Queen; 04-18-2008, 01:59 AM. Reason: i can haz typos?
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Between 40 and 140 degrees is the danger zone where bacteria can thrive.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                I think it's 40 Degrees. If it's warmer then that it has to be thrown out.

(Yay, food safety training course... that wasn't necessary for a WAITRESS.)
                Yeah something like that, I've had the training but I don't really handle the meat or deli.
                "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                  Between 40 and 140 degrees is the danger zone where bacteria can thrive.
                  Yeah, that's what it is! <3 Thanks dude.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
                    I quietly say, oh dear, I guess I'll have to leave the stuff here!

Then he gets a annoyed and says "Give me your stuff back"!

Was this guy sucky or was I sucky for not having enough money to cover my grocreries?
                    The clerk was definitely the sucky one. Why else would he demand "Give me your stuff back" after you said "I'll have to leave the stuff here"? What made him think you were going to take it without paying?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X