This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Rubberband Man

I was going to post this last night, after work, but I wasn't feeling well. Now after having shared that extra special glimpse into my life, here it goes...

Last night, I was working in the hot foods department. A guy comes up to check out at the handy register we have there. He asks for a rubberband so he can make sure his food container (from the salad bar) stays closed. OK, not a problem, lots of people do that. However, his container wasn't all that full. (I know this because I saw it.)

I nicely tell him that if there are rubberbands available, they are over by the salad bar/soup area, and if he'd like, I can look for him. Of course, he cannot be inconvenienced to walk the 10 feet or so to look for himself. I walk over there, look, see none, and walk back. I inform him of this.

RBM: You're making this way too difficult. You didn't even look. You weren't gone long enough to look.

Me: *thinking to myself*

Me: *out loud* Sir, I DID look. If you'd like, I can walk with you over there, to show you that there are NO rubberbands there.

RBM: *throwing his purchases into his cart in an angry manner*

As I'm walking out from behind the counter, he's whipping around the corner...I suppose to leave the store. I don't know.

We both run into N., the owner of the store.

N: Sir, did you find everything you needed?

RBM: No, I did not, and this girl made things VERY difficult for me.

N: Difficult, how?

RBM: She says there are no rubberbands, and she didn't even LOOK!!!

Me: N, I said that if we did have rubberbands, they'd be by the salad bar/soups. I even went over to look for myself. There were none there. I told this man so, and he accused me of not even looking.

N: Well, are there any in the back? (For some reason, the boxes of rubberbands are usually kept in the produce back room. Sometimes we're actually out OUT.)

Me: I can go check.

So I hustle away into the back room to check. I grab a box, get a handful of rubberbands, and go back to hot foods. Surprise, surprise, RBM is gone.

Figures.

I was afraid I was going to be spoken to, because N has been in a bad mood lately, and he takes some customer complaints seriously. However, I was lucky, and didn't see either of them again for the rest of my shift.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Slightly OT: Hehe if you ask someone for a rubber band in Pittsburgh...they'll give you the look until they realize you want a "gumband."
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Slightly OT: Hehe if you ask someone for a rubber band in Pittsburgh...they'll give you the look until they realize you want a "gumband."
      So them, do Pittsburgers chew on rubber? Mmm, 'chewing rubber'... *bad mental image* Bleh!
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X