X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranty McRant-Rant

SC filled up wtih LPG, came in, threw the money on the counter, then:

SC: "How come the price of gas goes up?"
    Me: "I don't know..." (about to say it's part of the mystery that is economics)
    SC: "YES YOU DO! You're profiteering! It's not connected to petrol in any way!"
    co-worker: "Well the trucks that bring it to us run on diesel..."
    SC: "That only accounts for a little bit of it! The real reason is you and the government think you can take whatever you want!" (stomps off)

co-worker: "Why ask a question if you're not going to listen to the answer?"
    me: "I just wish Auslan swear words weren't so graphic."

"Yes, it's my fault. The guy at the register. I decide the prices. Idiot."

They just have to yell at somebody when they're mad. Next time I'm mad, I'm going to go to their place of business and give them an earful for no reason.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
      "Yes, it's my fault. The guy at the register. I decide the prices. Idiot."
      In league with the government, of course. When people whinge about the current government raising taxes, I remind them that the current tax regieme was put in by the previous government. That generally shuts them up pretty quickly (because they support the previous government, currently in opposition).

Comment

SC: How come the price of gas goes up?
        Me: Because we hate you.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Q: How come the price of gas goes up?

A: We're trying to eventually lower prices by making gas so expensive now that people with Hummers and other useless (for their lifestyle) SUVs will buy more fuel efficient cars.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I Göteborg they're trying to get everyone to take the bus. With the high price of gas it's a good idea, plus there are really good transit systems here.
            Last edited by chinashirtgirl; 04-26-2008, 10:35 PM. Reason: made no sense...
            It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Might be tad but I'm about to become the proud owner of a SCOOTER!

Might be little dorky and slow, but I like the 90 miles to the gallon part!
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

Just tell them what I told one of my particularly high-maintenance customers who ranted and raved at me years ago about why a particular airline kept raising their fares out of Cincinnati (a major hub for this airline):

"Doug, if I knew the answer to that, I'd be sitting in a corner office at (airline), not sitting here listening to you bitch and moan about something I have NO control over!"

First reaction: Silence

Second reaction: Hearty laughter

He ended up being my best customer ever. I scored lots of free booze/flowers/meals for putting up up with his crap.

Granted, this won't work with an SC 99.9 percent of the time, but it sure felt great and he ended up being a model customer after that.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  SC filled up wtih LPG, came in, threw the money on the counter, then:

SC: "How come the price of gas goes up?"
                  I'm surprised you didn't get the standard rant that I hear from people (not that I even work at a servo, just conversation with customers), that we "Ship it off to china for 2c/L, so why should we pay 70c/L for it? Just imagine what will happen when the government starts phasing in excise on LPG..
                  - Boochan

Comment

SC: "YES YOU DO! You're profiteering! It's not connected to petrol in any way!"
                    you got me, chief; i'm actually pocketing each and every last cent from the latest price raise.

in two months, i will retire to jamaica and be drinking rum runners on the beach, while thinking about idiots like you and laughing my ass off.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Did he look like this guy?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                        Did he look like this guy?

Priceless!! I had a few guys like that come through Timmies. ^_^
                        "You're not gone five minutes, Agent Scully, and I'm already starting to feel like a stranger in my own office-"
                        -Agent Doggett

Comment

SC: Whys the gas so expensive.

Answer: Because its a complicated mixture of babies, puppie dogs, and crushed up fairies (the tinkerbell type)

Yeah, I couldn't survive in the general public to long.
                          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                            Answer: Because its a complicated mixture of babies, puppie dogs, and crushed up fairies (the tinkerbell type)
                            Hey, does that mean you get better mileage if you clap?

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Hey, does that mean you get better mileage if you clap?

^-.-^
                              Only if you really, really believe!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X