X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baskin Robbins

Just a quick story from when I worked at Baskin Robbins:
    We have a flavor called world class chocolate. It's chocolate and white chocolate swirled together. A guy came in and said "I want one scoop of the choclate half, one of the white."
    That is all
    -John
    www.piecomic.com

Ow.. my brain... near breaking point... the pain!

A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

At my shop we've got a Cotton Candy flavor that's pink and blue swirls. Every once in a while a little boy comes in and asks for just the blue.
      Flood

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
        At my shop we've got a Cotton Candy flavor that's pink and blue swirls. Every once in a while a little boy comes in and asks for just the blue.
        In that case, I can see where he might like only the one side of the flavor. In the OP's case though, why not just get a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla? Or just get a couple scoops of the flavor as it is, since you're getting both flavors to begin with?
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          In that case, I can see where he might like only the one side of the flavor. In the OP's case though, why not just get a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla? Or just get a couple scoops of the flavor as it is, since you're getting both flavors to begin with?
          Because those would be too easy.

Besides, the guy's a moron. Why buy anything BESIDES vanilla bean ice cream, anyway? Anything else is just crap!
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

because World Class Chocolate isn't vanilla. It's white chocolate. I haven't seen much other (almost any other) white chocolate ice cream. It's good stuff.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
              because World Class Chocolate isn't vanilla. It's white chocolate. I haven't seen much other (almost any other) white chocolate ice cream. It's good stuff.
              Oh, I understood the first time. I just think it's unfortunate that so many people are so misguided that they waste their time and money on substandard ice cream. Everyone in their right mind knows that vanilla is the One True Flavor.

So, here's what I suggest:

1. Remove that chocolate garbage ...

2. ... and replace it with high-quality vanilla.

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I wont start a fight over the bestest ice cream flavor. I WILL say 'damn you' because its 7am and now I wanna scoop of mint chocolate chip.

Comment

Right back at you, UncleImpy!

If I have to run home to get a cup of the Weight Watchers mint chocolate chip ice cream, I'm my co-workers are going to be pissed!
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                    So, here's what I suggest:

1. Remove that chocolate garbage ...

2. ... and replace it with high-quality Cookies N Cream.

Fixed it for ya.

Comment

I really need to drag some of you people out to Coldstone Creamery, especially in my area. Hand made ice cream flavors while you wait. Real fruit/whatever to make the flavours. So very yummy.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        I really need to drag some of you people out to Coldstone Creamery, especially in my area. Hand made ice cream flavors while you wait. Real fruit/whatever to make the flavours. So very yummy.
                        No, thanks. I got one scoop of peanut butter ice cream with no mix-ins in a cup and it cost me $4.18. (Only reason I did it was because I had a gift card for my birthday.) I could have bought a whole half gallon of Edy's for that price, and my taste buds aren't so sensitive that I can tell much difference between "home made" and "manufactured". I'm already mad enough that a small vanilla cone is now $1.71 at DQ. It jumped from 97¢ in one year's time.

Comment

My taste buds can tell the difference in both the taste AND texture. It's huge to me.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                            No, thanks. I got one scoop of peanut butter ice cream with no mix-ins in a cup and it cost me $4.18. (Only reason I did it was because I had a gift card for my birthday.) I could have bought a whole half gallon of Edy's for that price, and my taste buds aren't so sensitive that I can tell much difference between "home made" and "manufactured". I'm already mad enough that a small vanilla cone is now $1.71 at DQ. It jumped from 97¢ in one year's time.
                            No kidding. Cold Stone is WAY expensive.

And Cherry Cordial ice cream is totally the best flavor ever.
                            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                            "Red."
                            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                            "RED!"
                            "..."

Comment

I treat Cold Stone like I do a trip to Cattlemen's or the like. An occasional treat that I'm willing to pay for occasionally.

Outside of that - BR sometimes, but most frequently, Dreyers (Edy's to you East Coast US folks) or Haagen Dasz Cherry Vanilla, when I can get it.
                              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                              X