• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer pissed before getting on the phone

Okay, so I answer the phone as usual:

ME: The illustrious CBR
    PC: Pissed Customer

ME: Thank you for calling *******, this is CBR, how may I help you?
    PC: PULL UP ACCOUNT ***
    ME: What is the phone number?
    PC: IT IS *******.
    ME: I've got it up.
    PC: ..............................................
    ME: Is there a problem?
    PC: HELL YEAH, IT ISN'T WORKING!!!
    ME: Okay, what is the problem?
    PC: IT WON'T CONNECT!
    ME: I am showing it connected at 3:37 today.
    PC: NO IT DIDN'T!!
    ME: I am showing the connection came from telephone number ******. Is that your number?
    PC: YES, I JUST TOLD YOU THAT!
    ME: So you are able to get online but you just can't get a website?
    PC: (repeats to the question to someone across the room.) YES!
    ME: Okay can you close out all your screens so you are back to the desktop?(This is usually a DNS problem and I can have it fixed shortly.)
    PC: HOLD ON! (hands phone to the person across the room. Thank God, because sometimes they just stand there repeating the questions across the room and I have to wait for the answer to be relayed back.)

So I am working with the new person and the computer keeps cutting off. I suggest that they have a more serious problem than just and internet problem, if the computer keeps cutting off. I convince him to get that taken care of first.

I hate it when I pick up the phone and the customer acts like I should immediately know what the problem is, with out any details. She acted like I damn well knew what her problem was before she even told me. She was pissed from the onset. At least attempt to talk to me calmly at first. Give me a chance to piss you off before you jump the gun.

I have no idea how many of "those" types of customers I've had over the past 6 yrs. TONS, I'm sure...I feel your pain. Really, I do.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Customer Beating Robot View Post
      I hate it when I pick up the phone and the customer acts like I should immediately know what the problem is, with out any details. She acted like I damn well knew what her problem was before she even told me. She was pissed from the onset. At least attempt to talk to me calmly at first. Give me a chance to piss you off before you jump the gun.
      I hate to take an SCs side, but if she was talking to someone across the room, I have been in her situation before. My ex husband ABSOLUTELY NEVER called anyone when he had a problem. He would make me call because, as he would say, I needed to learn how to be responsible (I was really responsible when I file for divorce!). Even if I wasn't in the room or knew what the hell had gone wrong, he'd immediately bark the order, "CALL XXXXX NOW, THEY NEED TO FIX THIS!" I was expected drop everything I was doing, call, and read his mind as to what was wrong.

NOT ONLY would he sit there and bark questions at me that I was to ask them, but he would also get angry when I had to ask the questions they were asking me. Finally, one day, I just in the middle of him barking questions through me and the person on the phone asking me questions, I handed him the phone and said "YOU NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE!"

GRRRRR!!!!!!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
      X