This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you have me paged, be there when I get there

what's with all the people that ask for help, and then disappear? at least once a week I get called in for a carry out and the customer is nowhere to be found. I understand that sometimes they find someone else, or someone else finds them and helps them, but if i'm paged to customer service or the registers, I'll almost always be there in less than 2 minutes,(if I'm behind the building or at the far end of parking lot it may take a little longer, but I don't spend much time out there) and I'm the one the CSMs call, and the CSMs are the ones the cashiers talk to to get someone to help you, if you can't wait 1-2 minutes(sometimes less) for me to walk from the parking lot to one of the areas just inside the door, you don't need help bad enough to have me called. do people think it's fun to say "can you have a courtesy clerk come so I can disappear"?

I see your point ... that'd be pretty annoying to repeatedly have to walk across a Wal-Mart-sized store only to find people gone.

On the other hand, if another employee helps me, how am I supposed to know that you were the one called and not them?
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I hated that when I worked for Walmart.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

When I shop at stores, I don't ask for help unless I really need it ... help like: we're going to need four large body-builders/farm workers to lift this box into the back of my truck.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          When I shop at stores, I don't ask for help unless I really need it ... help like: we're going to need four large body-builders/farm workers to lift this box into the back of my truck.
          Nice way even if an item is a PITA to load alone i do it by myself if at all possible - if i load it and it gets damaged during travel i only have myself to blame which makes me feel better

Comment

I hate it at my store too. But even worse is calling for carryout, and calling, and calling... People always ask when we are busy, like Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Which means our stockmen are already running around like crazy with grabbing carts from the lot, helping other customers, etc. I warn people ahead of time that it may take a while and they don't believe me. Same goes with asking for an extra shopping cart to put your groceries in. I stop, explain it will be quicker if I get it myself, then go get it. How is this saving the customer any time? The customer is usually better off getting it, ESPECIALLY when they have more than one person. There's only one of me. (rant off)
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
              Nice way even if an item is a PITA to load alone i do it by myself if at all possible - if i load it and it gets damaged during travel i only have myself to blame which makes me feel better
              But you two are sane and rational, and therefore we're not allowed to spend time dealing with you since all the SC's demand attention and the managers have once again misplaced their spines.

Comment

Hate it? At Big Lots, I called those "walking breaks."
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

On the other hand, if another employee helps me, how am I supposed to know that you were the one called and not them?
                  True, and maybe that's why some of the customers weren't there when I arrived to where I was paged to.

But there was this one guy who got all pissy because I didn't stand around and wait indefinitely for him to come back. I got to the aisle, and no one was there. I waited around for about 5 minutes, and then left because let's face it, I had other things to do.

A few minutes after that, some jackass started yelling at me because he paged me, and I wasn't there.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I see your point ... that'd be pretty annoying to repeatedly have to walk across a Wal-Mart-sized store only to find people gone.

i probably just didn't write it clearly enough, but I was meaning that if you're on the floor, I understand that sometimes another associate will help you, and that doesn't bother me, I expect to have that happen once in awhile, but I've been called to electronics or sporting goods, and when I got there and asked the associates there where the carryout was been answered with "where the hell did they go?" and if you're by the registers, you're not going to find someone to help you very often

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                      if I see someone with something that I don't think they'll be able to do easily themselves I usually offer to help, because there is less chance that it will get broken with 2 people doing it, and we don't need customers throwing their backs out trying to lift something they can't handle. we're also more experienced, and in most cases stronger, so there's significantly less chance of us breaking it.EDIT:that only applies to the ones that there is only one able bodied customer trying to do it

I've helped people on carryouts they were going to try to do themselves, and they had issues with their half of it
                      Last edited by AKWalMartCartGuy; 04-25-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        A few minutes after that, some jackass started yelling at me because he paged me, and I wasn't there.
                        Well, if I had been there, you wouldn't have had to page me. But since I wasn't there, you did page me. I heard the page, and so I went over there. But when I got there, you weren't there. So I waited, hoping you'd come back, but you didn't, and someone else paged me to be somewhere else. So I went somewhere else.

So, I was there, just not at the same time you were because you chose to leave there while I was on my way there. But now I'm here and you're here, so what is it you needed?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X