This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara View Post
    I/M1: Man, sometimes this place is like Boot Camp or some shit.
    I/M2: True, true.
    I/M1: Why can't it be more like, uh, Summer Camp?
    I/M2: Yeah, that was fun.
    I/M1: Camp Anawanna...
    I/M2: We hold you in our hearts.
    I/M1: And when we think about you...
    BOTH: It makes me wanna FART!
    I can't wait for the talent show.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm borrowing the "It gives me power" line for when I finally get back to work. I know exactly who I can use it on ( and get away with it. ). >.>

I'll leave the devouring of excrement part out, however. -.-

Comment

So, anyone you deal with the Hannibal wannabe?

Hello Clarice...
        "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Nygguhgghghh....

I have a box of staples at my desk. I'll never look at them quite the same again...

Comment

I dealt with some students today that will likely be in your care in the future, Kara. Had to administer a state test to 11 students from our infamous freshman class. These are the 450 freshmen who racked up more suspension time in the first 6 weeks of school than the entire student body of 1700 did all of last year put together. The students were pulled fresh out of "ISS" (In School Suspension) just for the test. I wish I had the freedom to revoke their privileges but I can't even cuss at them. I try not to let them intimidate me, but since I have no power to do anything to them beyond yell and frown, they know they can get away with murder.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              I'll leave the devouring of excrement part out, however. -.-
              Dont worry... when you post the story... we'll know...

In other news, yay kara's back! I so love your stories, your bitter, seething hatred from working as a CSR just makes the inmate stories that much better...

It's sad that the people behind bars and thick concrete walls are sometimes better behaved than the people driving around everyday...
              Last edited by Fenrus; 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM. Reason: bars, not cars...
              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
                It's sad that the people behind cars and thick concrete walls are sometimes better behaved than the people driving around everyday...
                Probably because they know that they can get a bitch slap!
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Haha, probably... or they figure they're already in jail, get out as quickly as they can!
                  Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                    I know someone who feels safer and less threatened working as a CNA for a mental facility than she did in a call center.
                    I work in a call center and have an appointment next monday to see about school to become and LPN-(same school husband is at-private college-2.5 semesters or 10 months, 36 credit hours @ $550/credit hour for an LPN degree)
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

It's very sad that the mentally ill are housed in the prisons.

Does the guy who's been off his meds for 3 weeks have access to his meds? (I don't mean 'free access', I mean under medical and/or prison-staff supervision.)

Some types of mental illness, especially the paranoia types, make it almost impossible for a person to willingly take their meds. Yet if they get them, they're healthier, happier people. (And as a bonus, more able to function.)

Damn, I'm going into Fratching territory here. I'll stop before I start ranting, and stick with the specifics of this thread.

SO yeah - do the cutter, and the 3-weeks-off-meds guys have access to medical treatment? Proper psychiatric assessment, treatment, etc?
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Regarding the cutter; I used to self harm, and tho I never did anything that drastic, I do have a huge scar on the back of my wrist where I sliced it open and wouldn't let it heal. It's something that's kind of hard to explain unless you've been there, but I used to never let any of my cuts heal; I'd reopen them and mess with them a lot.

Apologies if anyone's grossed out; I just thought I'd add another point of view.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

People in custody come up with more and more inventive ways to hurt themselves, I have been told (ie haven't seen for myself) this tale. It will need to be highlighted because it is VERY graphic and involves self harm. -------> A prisoner used a plastic spoon to cut open his scrotum, split open his testes and unravelled the tubes. All with a plastic spoon. <-----------

I've heard tales of people swallowing plastic forks, inserting various articles into various orifices, its just not pleasant.

Kara, you have my utmost respect for doing a job I couldn't handle doing.
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Shit sandwich? He ate a shit sandwich?? Laughing so hard here coffee is shooting out of my nose.

When I hear stories like that it makes me thankful that those crazies are somewhere safe, locked up from the rest of us.. I used to work at a doctors office and boy did we get some doozy-crazies but the worst I ever saw was some lunatic senior citizen pulling down her pants to show us how thrilled she was with her ass. Ugh.
                            "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                              It says something about the industry when someone who was so frustrated working at a call center feels happynes as a CO
                              I was thinking the same. Since Kara started posting again, I've noticed a decided upbeat tenor to her threads and have often thought - she was never this mellow when she talked about her cell-nuts. Pretty sad contrast.

Comment

I would've freaked if I saw that blood and gorefest from the cutter dude...I almost gavomited and laughed after reading the story about the shit sandwich guy. Hats off to Kara for handling herself like a PRO!!!
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X