This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear I was being "Punk'd" all day today

It's been a while since I posted here, real life situations have been taking an interesting positive turn (and may do so even more soon), but it was taking away my CS time. Never fear, as I had a trio of prize winners to balance out the good things happening:

I Don't Care That I Didn't Do My End Of The Deal, I Still Want Freebies!

So we have a somewhat unoffical policy at work. If you have a problem with an On Demand movie and you call in, we'll tell you to order it again and we'll credit off one of the charges once the bill prints. The catch of course is we tell you the *same* movie, so when we see 2 orders within the same day of the same title it's easy to see one of them was f'ed and needs credit.

Cue the entitlement whore.......

EW: My daughter had a problem with this movie 3 months ago (my note: the problem was it didn't save for the full 24 hours it was supposed to, but they were able to watch it) and you all told me if she reordered it again you'd credit it back.

Me: Yes, that is usually what we'd say in that situation.

EW: Well she ordered a different movie but I still want credit for it.

Me: She ordered a different movie?

EW: Yes, I told her she could.

Me. So you called in, and we told you to re-order the movie, correct?

EW: Yes.

Me: And you told her to order a different one?

EW: Yes.

Me: We only give credit if the same movie is reordered.

EW: BUT YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD ME...........

Me: *interrupting somewhat* We told you to reorder the same movie and YOU chose not to.........

EW: *interrupting me* BUT ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING!!

Me: Ma'am, we told you what to do to get a refund and you CHOSE to not do it.

EW: BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT THE PRINCIPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me:. I understand that, but we told you what to do and again YOU CHOSE to not do it.

EW: I WANT A SUPERVISOR NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

So off she went to Supervisorland, normally I'd wager they caved in and gave it to her but considering it was almost 3 months ago and she just now got butthurt over it I'd probably guess she got told to go pound salt.

People Want Us To Make Nearly A Million Calls a Month

Stupid Lady calls in, she had a promotion on her service for a year, which has expired. She of course has that problem most of our customers have where turning over the bill causes great pain so they never do it. The following ensues:

SL: *rant on how her bill is significantly higher than last month*

Me: Well ma'am it appears your one year promotion ended last month and this bill reflects full price of your services.

SL: WELL YOU PEOPLE NEVER TOLD ME IT WAS ENDING, WHY DIDN'T ANYONE CALL ME UP AND LET ME KNOW?

Me: It did show on your bill for the last year that the price was a 12 month promotional price, so you did have notice that it wasn't permanent.

SL: I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ MY BILLS, YOU PEOPLE (My note:Why is it they always have to call us "you people" like it was some politically incorrect 1930s era movie? I digress....) SHOULD MAKE CALLS WHEN THE TIME IS UP, WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT??

Me: *thinking "because we have over 800,000 customers in the area you stupid cow, do you know how high your bill would be if we had to pay people to call every one of our customers in case some of them are too flarging important to read their bills?"* We let you know on the bill ma'am, so you did have warning about this.

SL: WELL YOUR COMPANY IS ALWAYS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF, THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Yes ma'am, it certainly is bullshit that grown ass people need their hands held through important matters like bill paying. Excuse us for assuming people actually read the pieces of paper they pay "OMG RIPOFF" prices for.

Our Supervisors Can Bend Space and Time Like Q

This was the worst kind of SC, the ones who have a legit reason to be cranky but then become completely unreasonable about the resolution:

Me: How can I help you today?

Cranky Toddler Lady: Yeah, you guys disconnected my phone today (she requested it) and ever since my cable doesn't work.

*I run tests and see her box isn't responding so it needs a tech to look at it*

Me: We can have someone out as soon as tomorrow between 12-2 (keep in mind this was at about quarter to six tonight and techs work till 7 every day, next day was pretty effing quick turnaround on short notice like that).

CTL: WHAT? I WANT SOMEONE OUT TOOOOOOOOOO-NIGHT! (you know it's cranky time when they break "tonight" into two words)

Me: I'm sorry but it's not going to be possible to send anyone out tonight, the techs are already finishing up for the night.

CTL: I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE!

Me: Ma'am no one else can get anyone out tonight either (this is true, not even supervisors are getting anyone out same day after about 5 or so).

CTL: FINE, SEND SOMEONE OUT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING THEN.

*facepalm*

Me: The soonest I can get someone out is 12-2 tomorrow.

CTL: WHY NOT THE MORNING, I WANT SOMEONE OUT IN-THE-MORNING!

Me. There is no time available, there's no way I can do that.

CTL: I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE! (at this point the first thing that pops into my mind is this pic )

Me: No one else is going to be able to make the time available either.

CTL: AND WHY NOT?

Me: (honestly trying not to be a smartass but not knowing how else to answer) Because we can't physically add more time to a day, when time is filled it's not available.

What made it memorable is that during this whole encounter she's not acting like a typically yelling and screaming SC, but she's seriously sounding like she's on the brink of a full out temper tantrum over this. In the end she finally asked for a supervisor, so off she went to try to ask them to defy space and time.

So those were the high points of my workday, thankfully I'm going to NJ/NYC for vacation in less than two weeks so no one's going to upset me.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Your last tale reminds me of the time the local electric company put a new power pole in my yard. The old pole not only held the power lines but my cable TV line as well. In the process of replacing poles the power company ripped my cable TV line off my house which caused my connection to cease.

Instead of fixing it they completely removed the cable, rolled it up and tossed it on the ground next to their new pole. I was home at the time so I went out to ask them why they did that.

Their reply: "We can't reconnect the cable line...the cable company has to do it."

It took 3 days to get my cable TV back. I think these monopolies ought to do a better job of fixing their messes. Leaving paying customers without the services they're paying for is bad business. If they messed up they ought to fix it immediately IMHO.

*Rant over*

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

I don't get it. Why do people claim to be too busy to read their bills but not too busy to call in and complain, whine, bitch, and moan. I mean, it takes less energy to read the bill than to call in and complain. And why on earth would someone want to admit that they are too lazy to simply read a bill?
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        Your last tale reminds me of the time the local electric company put a new power pole in my yard. The old pole not only held the power lines but my cable TV line as well. In the process of replacing poles the power company ripped my cable TV line off my house which caused my connection to cease.

Instead of fixing it they completely removed the cable, rolled it up and tossed it on the ground next to their new pole. I was home at the time so I went out to ask them why they did that.
        When our house got hit by lighting the power company damaged the already damaged from the hit cable TV wire. Since they damaged it we has to submit the repair bill to the Power Company and they reimbursed us, eventually.
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 05-07-2008, 06:31 PM. Reason: edit your quotes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
          SL: I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ MY BILLS, YOU PEOPLE (My note:Why is it they always have to call us "you people" like it was some politically incorrect 1930s era movie? I digress....) SHOULD MAKE CALLS WHEN THE TIME IS UP, WHY DON'T YOU DO THAT??
          I can't STAND the "you people" people! UGH! It's so irritating. We get that in our call center all the time.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Heh... customer number one reminds me of something:
            "But I have diabeeeeeeeetes!"*

*Meadhands is in no way responsible for making you understand this inside joke. For reference, see here.
            ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

EW: *interrupting me* BUT ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING!!
              Funny how someone who just admitted to nabbing a second movie for free is flapping their gums about "principles".

About reading bills: I never do. Of course, I pay for my laziness. Sometimes I miss out on promotional prices. Or I'm on a more expensive phone plan than I need, but I don't look at my usage so I don't notice. And you know whose fault that is? NOT some poor CSR's.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

One time the cable guy screwed up majorly somehow when he was out here first installing high-speed internet. Our cable ended up being out for two weeks. They admitted it was their fault, but they absolutely refused to credit me for the two weeks I lost. Notice that I was only asking for the time I actually LOST as a result of THEIR mistake...yet I got nothing, probably because they know I can't really do much about it.

However, people who don't read their bills or who don't follow instructions to get a refund or rebate deserve to be smacked.

Comment

Quoth csever01 View Post
                  However, people who don't read their bills or who don't follow instructions to get a refund or rebate deserve to be smacked.
                  Only if they blame everyone else for any problems that might arise from not reading the bills.

See my own example a few posts above. There are more than a few people like myself who don't read their bills but accept that the consequences of not doing so are theirs and theirs alone.

I probably should be chastised for my own good, though.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                    Only if they blame everyone else for any problems that might arise from not reading the bills.
                    Quoth Boozy View Post
                    I probably should be chastised for my own good, though.

nah these cancel each other out-you're good
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE CALL ME UP AND LET ME KNOW?
                      I get this all the time. People come in to deposit in their account and I tell them it closed last month because it had no money in it. "Why didn't anyone call me?!?" Because it's your job to keep money in your account, not mine. Take responsibility! (I know, I'm asking too much of SC's.)
                      "Any free samples?"
                      "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

Working...
                      X