This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3, 2, 1... FIGHT!

Not quite sure if this belongs here or not - it happened in our parking lot at work, and customers did get involved. The people mentioned may have been customers, right?

Anyway, I was on cart duty and heard someone shouting at the other end of the parking lot. I ignored it for a minute, since there's an ice cream shop at that end and it's pretty common for teens to make a lot of noise there.

Well, it got louder, then I heard a woman scream. Started making my way over there and saw a guy screaming at a woman with her son. Saw her try to walk off, him grab her and spin her back around, yank her cellphone out of her hand, shove her, etc.

Thankfully, they had attracted quite a bit of attention by then - a coworker's husband (a very stocky guy that I would NOT want to tangle with) was watching, and a random soccermom was parked nearby, watching, with a cellphone up to her ear. She approached me and told me she was on the phone with 911, I thanked her for calling them and kept my distance. The guy looked like he was trying to size everyone up, then started yelling at the coworker's husband.

The guy finally started to walk off - about the time that a few of the city's finest came flying into the parking lot. He saw one of them and took off running, right into the path of another cop who came in from another driveway. For some reason they didn't like that too much.

Had to give a short statement to the cops about what I saw, and the guy did get hauled off. Turns out "random soccermom" is not only a regular customer (she was shopping on her day off with her kids), but she's also our rep with one of our vendors. I'm glad she was there, I forgot my cellphone at home and I don't think the coworker's husband had one.

I'm guessing you didn't find out what happened. If you do, I want to know. ^_^

And seriously, running from the cops while on foot, and within sight? Cause you know, that totally works. XD
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

That's why I love owning a gun. Not for the practice of actually using it, but because other people don't know whether it's loaded or not when you stop them running away from a crime scene.
      I've had to do that once when I witnessed a robber try and take a woman's purse. When she held onto it he started beating her in the head till she let go. But when he turned around to flee, he stepped right into the barrel of my handgun. So for those of you against guns, there's one instance where it came in handy.
      Last edited by allniter; 05-17-2008, 04:04 PM.
      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
        I'm guessing you didn't find out what happened. If you do, I want to know. ^_^
        Nah I didn't. I didn't talk to her except to ask if she was okay. I did offer her a drink though (non alcoholic mind you).

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
          That's why I love owning a gun. Not for the practice of actually using it, but because other people don't know whether it's loaded or not when you stop them running away from a crime scene.
          I've had to do that once when I witnessed a robber try and take a woman's purse. When she held onto it he started beating her in the head till she let go. But when he turned around to flee, he stepped right into the barrel of my handgun. So for those of you against guns, there's one instance where it came in handy.
          I don't own any guns but if I did I sure wouldn't whip an empty one out in a situation like that. The bad guy just might have a loaded one.
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
            So for those of you against guns, there's one instance where it came in handy.
            If you want to start a discussion on the pros or cons of handgun availability, please do so on Fratching, not on here.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
              I don't own any guns but if I did I sure wouldn't whip an empty one out in a situation like that. The bad guy just might have a loaded one.
              I'd whip out the old nunchucks. Or (since I don't carry them with me), a spear-hand strike to the throat.

Comment

I carry handcuffs. The local PO think I'm cute when I take them out. They keep threatening to get me a "real pair." :sarcasm:

Nunchucks would be so awesome! But I think PepperSpray, carried by the victum, would be better.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  Nunchucks would be so awesome! But I think PepperSpray, carried by the victum, would be better.
                  Adding to Mike's warning about promoting firearms, I'd also like to point out in a lot of areas "personal defence" weapons are illegal, and we'd hate for anyone to get in trouble with the law, so check your local laws. Carry on... >_> <_<
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    Adding to Mike's warning about promoting firearms, I'd also like to point out in a lot of areas "personal defence" weapons are illegal, and we'd hate for anyone to get in trouble with the law, so check your local laws. Carry on... >_> <_<
                    True, true. It's only legal for me to have my nunchucks outside my home when I'm training or on my way there or back. Even then they're only the rubber handled ones, I'm not allowed real ones until I get my black belt and then I have to get a permit signed by my master instructor. Plus they're not very effective weapons anyway, they're more for hand-eye co-ordination training.

Comment

Uh, I could never use Nunchucks on someone. I'd wind up hurting myself over someone else. I'm not a Ninja Turtle.

I didn't know Pepper spray was illegal. You can get it almost everywhere in the US. But I agree, carrying around firearms is dangerous. Sorry If I seemed to have said otherwise.

Edit: The only thing you should be armed with is a digital camera. You never know if that lady wanted to press charges or not.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        I didn't know Pepper spray was illegal. You can get it almost everywhere in the US. But I agree, carrying around firearms is dangerous. Sorry If I seemed to have said otherwise.
                        Pepper spray for use on humans is illegal in Canada. I figured you wouldn't know that being in the US, so it was a general "check your area warning."
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Pepper spray for use on humans is illegal in Canada. I figured you wouldn't know that being in the US, so it was a general "check your area warning."
                          Gnarly, I'll remember that when I visit the Great White North. (..someday.... *sigh*) Thanks Broomjockey.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that about the pepper spray. That stuff has saved my butt before. I once was in a bad part of my neighborhood with my (now ex) boyfriend, we were going to a restaurant, and sitting in his car. As my boy got out, this BIG guy ran up to the car. He grabbed my boy, tried to wrestle his keys away, so he could steal the car. He gets in, I AM STILL IN THE CAR. I keep some pepper spray in my purse, so he got an eyeful of it. He ran away after that, thank god.
                            We called the locals, they ended up getting a guy on our description that had gone to the local hospital for the pepper spray treatment. Turned out to be the guy, I don't know what happened to him, my ex took care of the rest of that situation, and he broke up with me before I found out.
                            "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

A quick aside for the UK CSers, the law prohibits the carriage of an offensive weapon which is defined as as "any article made or adapted for use to causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use"

So ya'll aware.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X