Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a lost propery cupboard. But anything of value goes in the safe.

We often end up with hats, single gloves, scarves, jumpers, coats, childrens' toys*, stuffed animals, keys, cellphones, wallets, and even a sock.

*Buzz Lightyear is often held up as an example of how not to handle lost property, but that's another story.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Gabrielle Proctor View Post
      Only if you're trying to make it look like something else. Like changing a $1.00 into $100.00.
      Actually at the golf course I work at, domestic beer was 2.50 as of last fall. It may have gone up since then.
      I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        *Buzz Lightyear is often held up as an example of how not to handle lost property, but that's another story.
        Toy Story was too long ago for me to get that one. Care to explain ?
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

We often end up with hats, single gloves, scarves, jumpers, coats, childrens' toys*, stuffed animals, keys, cellphones, wallets, and even a sock.
          So THAT'S where my sock went. I was wondering.

I'll stop by later to pick it up.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Falconess View Post
            There was a bit ran, a little while back, that some people took as a hoax, but it's true. Most (if not all) Emergency response teams are being trained to look through cell phones for the ICE number. They do say it's best to put ICE first (because then it's easier to find, through a quick search). But really if you haven't done this with your cell phone yet, please do, because it does help, a great deal, if you get into a sticky situation.

Um...yeah, I'm curious about the restraining order too. Though, when considered, along side the bail bond, I've got my money on the restraining order being against the owner.

I used to work security at an international airport (post 9/11 yay fun) and someone lost their cell phone. phone made its way to the cops, and they figured out a really neat way to find who the phone belonged to. they started going down the contact list, paging each person one at a time. "Martha Jones, please come to the PD, Martha Jones" "Rose Tyler, please come to the PD, Rose Tyler" "Jack Harkness, please come to the PD, Jack Harkness" and so on (names changed to Dr. Who characters to protect the innocent, and because this was like 5 years ago and I can't remember any of the names) after 3 or 4 of them, the owner of the phone figured out something was up, as he knew everyone being paged, and one of them lived in london, realizing that, he did a quick patdown, realized he was missing his phone, and went to the PD where they gave him his phone back. everyone had a great laugh, and the guy didn't get a chance to leave the airport before finding himself sans phone.

Comment

At my office we eat lost property.

OK, this only happened once. One day we found a whole bag of banana's left in the waiting room at the end of the day. They'd been there all afternoon and no one had come back for them - and they were very ripe and wouldn't be good the next day. So we ate them. Mmm, lost property bananas.

Sadly it never happened again. (I hope _ and occasionally look).

We mostly just keep things in the hope that people come back for them. If we know who someone belongs to and we have contact details we'd phone but generally we only find things after many different people have been in and out. One brand new child's brand name trainer was left - and never picked up. (I kept finding myself picking it up - I think this means I'm broody). And I had a client with memory problems following a brain operation who left his (nice) scarf and never reclaimed it even after I contacted him.

No wallets. Yet. Phones occasionally but people always come back for them.

Outside of the office I handed in 3 lost phones last year. 2 from tube trains and one found by a bench at the botanical gardens.

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                If no one claims them within a few days, we usually just give them to one of the cops as they make their rounds.
                This is one of my pet peeves I hate to say. Each article of lost property has to be minutely documented, firstly in my Note Book (down to serial numbers for bank notes, id numbers on cards, drivin licence no.s on driving licences, you get the idea) I then have to go and repeat the process at the station, once for the property book then again for the label that is attatched to the property, having any more than two items at a time really digs into my day.

Please for the love of all that is holy if someone goes home on a route next to a police station could the take it in then...?
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  So THAT'S where my sock went. I was wondering.

I'll stop by later to pick it up.
                  If I I'd know it was yours I'd have kept it.

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                    Toy Story was too long ago for me to get that one. Care to explain ?
                    I've posted a new thread - http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...690#post342690

Comment

Thanks. It was indeed a poor way to handle lost property.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

If I I'd know it was yours I'd have kept it.
                        Fair enough.

I'll keep better track of my socks next time.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Kept it to return it, I mean.

Anyway, what were you doing with your socks off in a movie theatre?

Comment

Kept it to return it, I mean.

Anyway, what were you doing with your socks off in a movie theatre?
                            I don't know about leaving socks behind but I did once have to go back to a cinema for a box of muesli I'd left behind.

Oh - and an earring I thought I'd lost that turned out to have got into my bra.

Victoria J

Comment

Im most confused about the Half a 5 bill
                              why would he keep it?

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
                                Oh - and an earring I thought I'd lost that turned out to have got into my bra.
                                I have done this so many times that I don't even blink anymore. But the only time I ever find the damn things (earring, necklace, whatever) is because I shift and feel it slither down my chest. Creeeeeepy!

Comment

Working...
                                X