This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i.d.? i don't carry no stinking id

i was covering mycashier's break todayand inwalks a livley looking chap. he asks for a packof cigarettes. as it is law to card young looking people and anyone whoappears to be under 27, i ask him for his id.
    he looks at me and says "id? i don't have i.d. man i am 35 years old. i can't believe this. man i have a felony arrest warrant out on me that why i don't carry i.d."
    he then leaves. ooooooookkkkkkkkkk.

After several years working in customer service positions, I thought I'd heard every excuse in the book for not carrying I.D.

. . . I was wrong.

I wonder what he says when he gets pulled over for speeding and the officer asks him for his driver's license . . . ?
    “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
    “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Quoth darknight73 View Post
      "id? i don't have i.d. man i am 35 years old. i can't believe this. man i have a felony arrest warrant out on me that why i don't carry i.d."
      Whaaaaa?
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

i was covering mycashier's break todayand inwalks a livley looking chap. he asks for a packof cigarettes. as it is law to card young looking people and anyone whoappears to be under 27, i ask him for his id.
        he looks at me and says "id? i don't have i.d. man i am 35 years old. i can't believe this. man i have a felony arrest warrant out on me that why i don't carry i.d."
        ...Wow. Great idea! I would've laughed harder if a policeman just happened to walk by. XD You should take the tapes, if he's on them, to the police or something.
        The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

I would have replied to that "What's your name? I'm calling the cops!" Just to be a bitch.

Not to be rude, but I swore I heard every excuse in the book as to why people won't show or carry ID.

The dumbest ones were "The cops took it away." and "I don't have to."
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Anthony K. S. View Post
            I wonder what he says when he gets pulled over for speeding and the officer asks him for his driver's license . . . ?
            I had a highway patrol officer who worked for several years near Oakland, California (that's Oaktown for the OGs out there), that even if he could see a wallet when he pulled someone over, they would always say that they didn't have their ID. He finally asked a driver one day, and the guy told him, "You don't give your ID to the man."
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The dumbest no-ID excuse for cigarettes I've ever had was:

"Of course I'm over eighteen. I know the law and I wouldn't ask for cigarettes if I was underage."

Comment

At least he didn't follow up with:
                "You just watch yourself. I'm a wanted man. I have the death sentence in twelve systems."
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Those ARE dumb excuses. You can still have a state ID whether or not you have a warrant. There may be situations where you can't have a drivers license, but you can always have a state ID.

ITS ONLY 5 BUCKS!

And why is it that the younger the person, the more defensive they get when asked for ID :eyebrowraise:

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                    Those ARE dumb excuses. You can still have a state ID whether or not you have a warrant. There may be situations where you can't have a drivers license, but you can always have a state ID.
                    I think the point is that they'd have to take him into custody for something to ID him.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                      At least he didn't follow up with:
                      "You just watch yourself. I'm a wanted man. I have the death sentence in twelve systems."
                      That's when you call in a retired Jedi to start the arm slicing.
                      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        The dumbest ones were "The cops took it away." and "I don't have to."
                        Actually, I've lived in a couple of states that would authorize police officers to take the drivers license away for even a speeding ticket and people were forced to use the ticket as their license until they paid the fine. I've never bought cigarette's before, so I don't know if a speeding ticket would be a valid ID in that case. I guess the need for nicotine would be a huge incentive to pay that fine!

People will try to get away with anything and everything, though, as we've all seen in retail.
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                          There may be situations where you can't have a drivers license, but you can always have a state ID.

ITS ONLY 5 BUCKS!

Not in all places. In Oregon its 33.50 for a state ID. 59 dollars for a driving license.
                          Military Spouse Support.
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
                            And why is it that the younger the person, the more defensive they get when asked for ID :eyebrowraise:
                            For some reason my father occasionally gets carded still.

He has white hair, and not much of it left.

He's absolutely delighted when he gets carded.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              I would have replied to that "What's your name? I'm calling the cops!" Just to be a bitch.
                              If the felony he is wanted for is a violent one, that might not be the best thing to say to him, ya know.

Quoth Meegz View Post
                              Those ARE dumb excuses. You can still have a state ID whether or not you have a warrant.
                              Yes, but if he goes to get the ID, then the DMV could inform the police of that, and also of whatever address he listed for them.....hell, they could delay him until the police GOT to the DMV.

Also, if he gets stopped by a cop and has no ID, and it is something minor, hopefully (to him) the cop won't press the issue and will just let him go.

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                              I don't know if a speeding ticket would be a valid ID in that case.
                              My knowledge of the law for carding for both alcohol and cigarettes makes me say, um, HELL NO. Since a speeding ticket is NOT a picture ID, and that is what is required in situations regarding cardable sales, such as alcohol and cigarettes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X