X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night of the Drunk Men

A sequel to my other thread.

Story One

We had just closed up the bar. A co-worker was going around asking people to leave. There was a couple who didn't seem to get the hint. After three attempts, he went back. He asked me to go with him in case it go ugly.

CW: OK, I've asked you three times now, it's time to leave.
    SC: You did not! Liar!
    CW: I'm not lying. Now, I need your drinks. It's after half past...
    SC: Half an hour is not enough time to finish a drink!
    CW: It's plenty according to our licence. Customers need to be out by half past.
    SC: Liar. You're just saying that because we're common!
    CW: What?
    SC: You don't like us! You think you are so much better because you have a job.
    CW: OK, that is rubbish. I am not arguing about this. Can you please leave?

The SC stood up and was getting really aggressive at CW. At this point myself and two other co-workers stood next to the SC, just to give him the message that if he tried anything he was outnumbered.

SC: This has nothing to do with you lot! It's between me and him!
    Me: It has everything to do with us when you are being aggressive like that.

The SC started to walk towards the door. He turns to co-worker.

SC: I'm waiting for you! I'll wait all night if I have to. You and me...outside.

A couple of other co-workers sniggered. I mean...who says that anymore!

He's outside, still yelling. I lock the doors.

SC: I'm waiting! I'm waiting!

I talk through the crack in the doors.

Me: Would you like a blanket? Because it's quite cold out there and we'll be in here drinking for a while.

He didn't respond. Five minutes later I saw him getting into a taxi.

Story Two

We had finally finished. We were sat down and we were chilling out.

I hear the doors shuddering, as if someone was trying to get in. It happens a lot, people walking past see the lights and try and get in. Usually people get the hint that we are closed. Not this guy.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I look, and he is trying one of the fire doors. He sees me and starts waving frantically. I go over.

Me: I'm sorry, we're closed.
    SC: NO YOU'RE NOT!
    Me: Yes we are.
    SC: NO YOU'RE NOT! LOOK AT THE TIME!

He shoves his watch up against the window.

Me: Yes. That's the correct time, and we're still closed.

I walk away and sit down with everyone else. The SC walks around the outside the bar and positions himself at the window nearest us. He proceeds to stand there and STARE at us.

Has anyone seen Planet Terror where the guy looks outside his restaraunt and the zombies are just standing there, staring at him? Well, it was EXACTLY like that.

Twenty minutes he stood there. TWENTY! After twenty minutes of him staring at us, I had had enough. I was trying to chill out after dealing with all the other SC's. I pulled down the opening times off the main door and slammed them against the window where he was standing.

Me: Check your watch again! We're still closed!
    SC: YOU ARE NOT!!

I sat back down. After another ten minutes, he went away.

What did he expect us to do? Open all the doors and welcome him in with open arms?

I was thinking the other day that I haven't had many SC's to deal with recently. Then last night they all came at once.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Me: I'm sorry, we're closed.
    Me: Yes we are.
    Ah, yes. SC thinking.

Yell something loudly, emphatically, and repeatedly and it will alter time, the principles of science and math, law, company rules, reality in general and the order of the universe in order to become whatever fact the SC wants or demands.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
      Ah, yes. SC thinking.

Yell something loudly, emphatically, and repeatedly and it will alter time, the principles of science and math, law, company rules, reality in general and the order of the universe in order to become whatever fact the SC wants or demands.
      That sounds like sarcasm! Are you telling me that loudly demanding what I want won't make it real!?
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I so look forward to your posts! I worked in pubs in London during my University years, and as awful as it is for you, they are such a trip down memory lane for me The drunken arguing, the fist fights, the SC logic, the really really really weird stories. Good times!

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          Are you telling me that loudly demanding what I want won't make it real!?
          Why don't you try it in a bar/pub. We might end up with another great story for the board!
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
            That sounds like sarcasm! Are you telling me that loudly demanding what I want won't make it real!?
            You need at least some fancy robes, dribbling candles and some chanting for that to work.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Seawolfe View Post
              I so look forward to your posts! I worked in pubs in London during my University years, and as awful as it is for you, they are such a trip down memory lane for me The drunken arguing, the fist fights, the SC logic, the really really really weird stories. Good times!
              I know, it must be something to do with the UK. It doesn't say much for our drinking culture when stories like mine are quite common, and believe me, they are!

Comment

Working...
              X