This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speak up or turn your engine off *venting*

I work at sonic ( a drive in restaurant), I have yet to figure out why we have a drive through but we do so there is nothing I can do about it. It seems like every third person that uses the drive through is a soft spoken woman driving a 1 ton diesel truck, 3 of these people who not oblige to letting me understand them had to send their order back tonight, I had the lucky opportunity to take one of their orders out.

me: *reads back ticket*
    SC: NO! NO! NO! I said.....(I tuned her out at this point, but the gist of it was I gave her the wrong dipping sauce for her chicken, I only had a 33% chance of guessing the indecipherable noise that she called an order and I had already asked her twice to kill her engine at that point when I was taking her order) (as I ignored her she got bitchy)
    me: mam if you had turned off your engine while I was taking your order like I asked you to twice I would not have made this mistake.
    SC: (she starts to say something but her husband stops her, probably embarrassed enough as it is*

This is seriously ridiculous, is it that hard to turn your engine off?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
    What does it mean?
    I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

My engine isn't too loud but if its windy or the drive thru person can't hear me, I don't hesitate to turn it off. I know I talk low and I know how it is cuz I get people who whisper at me as to how they want their change back and its not fun when they get mad when "I" get it wrong.

Comment

I was behind a guy in a drive-thru and i could see him yelling at the speaker, while he had his stereo cranked up. I was two cars behind and could feel the vibration. I ended up going inside to order.

Comment

Oh raideo I know your pain. It's even better when they don't roll down their windows and still attempt to order.
        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth raideo View Post
          I work at sonic
          Sonic tator tots are made of ambrosia and happiness. That is all.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I feel for anyone who works anywhere with a drive-thru around these parts.

Too many hillbillies and their suped up, raised and overly loud pickup trucks. I doubt any of them have any mufflers whatsoever. Same goes for all the teenaged boys and middle aged men who "pimp out" their cars and add the fartcan muffler to the fix...it must be impossible to hear them!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth raideo View Post
              I work at sonic
              O_O

Holy crap, you are a lucky bastid for having one near you. After moving up to PA I haven't seen one within two hours of where I live. I see their commercials all the time and die a little inside, I miss Sonic so much.

Comment

You rock for working at Sonic. My favorite fast-food ever: nobody makes a burger like Sonic. And it's the ONLY place in my part of SoCal where I can find a decent chicken strip dinner with country gravy. And let's not even go into the fountain drinks and malts. Suffice to say, I LOVE Sonic.

And I've seen the kind of customers there, and i totally sympathize. Some of them are such jerks! Too bad--all the carhops I've interacted with have been very friendly and helpful, even when I ask for weird things (they even made me a meatless SuperSonic Breakfast Burrito during Lent! Yay!)
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm about to give up entirely when it comes to drive-thru's. I went to McDonalds after a long drive from Houston to Dallas last night and got two meals and a kids meal for my son. They ring everything up on the display and I pay, get my food, and get home. I did a quick peek when I left and everything looked right, but they didn't put my son's apple dippers in his bag. A toy was obscuring my view.

I'm really tired of paying for something and not getting the order right. I'm not one to go back and complain either, as its futile (spend more on gas then the items missing).

I've only gone back once to a Taco Bell, because they completely trashed our order and we couldn't eat it (smeared their disgusting beans all over everything when we asked for no beans. Sadly the beanse resembeled the beef, as to why we didn't fix it right then and there). There was another bitchy customer in there yelling at them and some more coming in when we left. They apparently just don't listen.

Comment

I'm dying to try Sonic, but there's none in Jersey. I'm going to Delaware this Saturday. Does anyone know if there is a Sonic within walking distance of University of Delaware? One way or another i will get to eat there someday dammit.
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Sonic is one of a number of reasons I'll never move very far north of the Mason-Dixon. I must have access to lemon-berry slushes!!
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I am probably an SC at the drive up, but the other way around. I speak up and use my outside voice (which is, if I do say so myself, a little impressive) and I think I overpower the mic sometimes. You can never tell which ones are crappy old units that barely work and which are state of the art A/V systems that have me thundering across the headphones. Sorry, y'all.
                        Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                          It's even better when they don't roll down their windows and still attempt to order.
                          Are you serious! There are actually people that do that!
                          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Sonic tator tots are made of ambrosia and happiness. That is all.
                            Add chili and cheese to that, and... ohhhh....its joygasmic!
                            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                              Add chili and cheese to that, and... ohhhh....its joygasmic!
                              And the chili cheese coneys, especially when they go on one of their awesome specials...

And the BLT...Ah, it is heaven in a silver paper wrapper!

And the SuperSonic Breakfast Burrito, the breakfast burrito before which all other breakfast burritos bow in worship...
                              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X