This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad I'm leaving.

Every day just gets me a little closer to utter happiness- the day I leave my keys at the store and NEVER HAVE TO BE THERE AGAIN. 6 days now.

I might need a little more information.
    Him: I was told you do this diet supplement?
    Me: We do a number of diet supplements. Can you be more specific?
    Him: It's a liquid.
    Me: Is it a detox liquid? For like a 10-day detox? Or we have this stuff that your pour on your food and it makes you feel fuller longer...
    Him: No. You take a couple of teaspoons a day..?
    Me: It could be L-carnitine liquid, which can help your body burn fat as energy. Do you think it was that?
    Him: I don't know.
    Me: Well I think thats the closest thing to what you want.
    Him: You don't know what the product is?
    Me: Without a name there is a limit to how certain I can be.

Seriously, I have not got the magical ability to work out exactly what it is you want from only a few clues. Give me a name or an ingredient, and I'll see what I can do...

Staring at me is not going to make it appear on our shelves
    SW= Sucky Woman
    Me= bow down before your Goddess.

SW: Do you stock *product?*
    Me: No, sorry it's not something we do.
    SW: Oh, could I order it?
    Me: Sorry. I wish I could, but we can't order stock that isn't in stores from a shop-floor level. The only people with that power are at head office.
    SW: Can you ask them to order it in for me?
    Me: I'm sorry, they aren't going to order a product for one customer in one store. I really wish we could, but because we're a chain it works differently to independants.
    SW: *Stare* It's just that it's really good.
    Me: Sorry.
    SW: Is there anywhere else that might have it? (as an aside, why do people ask this? Why do you expect me to know the inventory of every single nutrition store in this city>? I don't even know where most of them are!)
    SW: You really can't order it? (No, I'm lying to you because I don't want to make money.)
    Me: No.
    SW: *stare*
    Me *stare back*
    Sw: Tchuh. Fine.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

May this final week fly by for you with the SCs to a minimum!
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

here's hoping.

I'm just. so. TIRED.

I'm tired of never getting anything from the comapny for my hard work. Tired of being treated as pretty much scum. Tired of them forcing us to work with no staff.

And getting out before they force our stores into the ground through mismanagement.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
        May this final week fly by for you with the SCs to a minimum!
        Well, we do need stories - for our selfish enjoyment, please let they come !

Comment

Quoth Gothmog View Post
          Well, we do need stories - for our selfish enjoyment, please let they come !
          Oh, I'm SURE I'll have some from the new job. It's a much busier store...

Comment

Oh, well, good - I mean, sorry.
            Take your time then.

Comment

My one regret is that since I only worked on weekends, when I got a call on a Monday saying I'd got the new job I interviewed for, I didn't get a "last shift." Induction was on Saturday, and there was no way I was working overnight on Friday for my old job and then going straight to training for the new one! But it did feel good to hand in my uniform, tell them I was moving up in the world (from maccas to a grocery store) and never have to go back. Sooooo good. Plus other employees were jealous! I'm excited for you, GingerBiscuit!!!
              Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
              Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
              <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                [...]
                Him: You don't know what the product is?
                [...]
                Clerk : "Here, I think I have what you need."
                Cust. : "Why does it say 'Death-to-rats' ?"
                Clerk : "Testing have proven fatal on rats, but it works great on humans. You'll be fine. You don't happen to have rat genes ? So it will do you great. Trust me."

"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                  Staring at me is not going to make it appear on our shelves
                  SW= Sucky Woman
                  Me= bow down before your Goddess.

SW: Do you stock *product?*
                  Me: No, sorry it's not something we do.
                  SW: Oh, could I order it?
                  Me: Sorry. I wish I could, but we can't order stock that isn't in stores from a shop-floor level. The only people with that power are at head office.
                  SW: Can you ask them to order it in for me?
                  Me: I'm sorry, they aren't going to order a product for one customer in one store. I really wish we could, but because we're a chain it works differently to independants.
                  SW: *Stare* It's just that it's really good.
                  Me: Sorry.
                  SW: Is there anywhere else that might have it? (as an aside, why do people ask this? Why do you expect me to know the inventory of every single nutrition store in this city>? I don't even know where most of them are!)
                  SW: You really can't order it? (No, I'm lying to you because I don't want to make money.)
                  Me: No.
                  SW: *stare*
                  Me *stare back*
                  Sw: Tchuh. Fine.
                  It worries me how often this happens. It's like if you can't get what they want their brain actually breaks and stops and can't work out what to do next so it just stares.

I once actually just stared back so see how long they'd keep it up but after a few minutes I got uncomfortable and said something to snap them out of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X