This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already got one.

I just joined, and was thinking I wouldn't have a single thing to share because I'm not working at the moment.

How wrong I was.

My mother just e-mailed me, telling me about her week, and her own personal Sucky Customer. A little backstory is in order here: she works as a paralegal for a lawfirm in the U.S. (I won't say where, because I'm sure she could get in trouble for telling me about this.)

Apparently, some yahoo called the lawfirm last Friday and told them he was coming down there with a gun, and planned to kill everyone.

The office went on lockdown, police were called, state troopers got involved; nothing came of the threat.

Today, the man's wife called the firm to let them know that her husband had, once again, left on a rampage, shouting threats to kill everyone in the firm.

WHY, you may ask, is this man threatening to shoot up a lawfirm? Did they put his brother in prison? Convict him of some horrible, though not jail-worthy crime?

Nope.

They won a lawsuit for him. They WON A LAWSUIT FOR HIM.

The gentleman is angry because he has yet to receive his money.

Adding to the hilarity, he lives a good nine hours away from said lawfirm. HOW, I ask, will they EVER have time to escape?

More updates as events unfold. Or implode. Or twist into a deformed tetrahedron of idiocy.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Wow.. that's kinda beyond the realm of just "SC." Keep us updated. About 3 months ago we had a similar incident. SC's gf said bf was coming down here with a gun to shoot everyone. Of course, nothing happened.. but you can't take any chances.
    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
      Wow.. that's kinda beyond the realm of just "SC." Keep us updated. About 3 months ago we had a similar incident. SC's gf said bf was coming down here with a gun to shoot everyone. Of course, nothing happened.. but you can't take any chances.
      In what universe is it EVER a good idea to threaten to go on a killing spree? Seriously?

It's mind-boggling.
      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

He wasn't arrested after the first time?

Comment

At least someone called the office and told them of the potential threat/danger. We recently had an incident here in Kentucky where a guy had a dispute with his supervisor, took a gun to work with him. Once he'd been asked to leave, he retrieved the gun from his vehicle and proceeded to kill 4 persons and himself and injuring another 2. The girlfriend did consent to an interview (off camera) and stated that he'd told her he was going to do it, but she didn't believe he really would do it.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...p_product=LCJB
          Last edited by Luna Baby; 07-01-2008, 03:06 PM. Reason: to add link for verification

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
            He wasn't arrested after the first time?
            That was my question. I thought you could and would get arrested for doing that.
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

My mom's health clinic got shot up last year One of the patients was sitting inside, waiting for his bus. Some crackhead simply walked in, shot the guy (killing him), and walked out. The incident made the front page, and the crackhead still hasn't been caught. Mom was pretty shaken up over it, and hasn't been the same since
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm fairly sure that this would fall under "terrorist threats" which are not taken lightly by the law these days. How funny would it be that the guy gets arrested and spends all his lawsuit money on his NEW legal troubles as a result of a lack of patience.

I suspect drugs are to play here. The law firm is keeping him from getting that big rock he's always dreamed of...
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Holy Crapola batman!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

101 California

Working in a law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area, that kind of thing is in the back of your mind. In fact, today, July 1, is the 15th anniversary of the 101 California shootings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_Cal...reet_shootings

That rampage is the reason most buildings now have security systems. A person can enter our lobby, but they can only get on that floor, and only during certain hours. The rest of our floors can only be accessed with a badge. The entire building can only be accessed with a badge between certain hours.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

When I worked for "car manufacturer's cusomer service line", we'd occasionally get calls from customers that were irate at their dealerships. On more than one occasion, they'd threaten to go down there & drive a truck through the front windows. Whenever that happened, the next call would be made to the dealership's General Manager. Silly customers, we have their name, address, phone, VIN, and vehicle description right there....
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Am I the only one who, on seeing this thread title, things "He says they've already got one." "Um.... can we come and have a look?" "No! Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

Comment

Er, well, I didn't. Nice spotting though.

I don't know what's coming of the world. We used to think we were safe down here in NZ. The rampant gun-slinging stuff doesn't happen. But my workplace has just instigated their "armed attack" safety plan. Just in case someone gets a little riled up that their building consent permit didn't get approved or something. Sheesh.

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                            In what universe is it EVER a good idea to threaten to go on a killing spree? Seriously?

It's mind-boggling.
                            There are always good excuses. Example: How many of us have said a version of the following words:

"I swear to god, next time one of these people complains, I'm going to lock all the exits and burn this place down."

(replace burning the place with chopping people up, shooting them all, rabid hamster vengeance, or sex toy massacre, you know, whatever grabs you at the time)

Be honest now!

/Or is that just me?
                            //Hello officer, was I speeding?
                            ///Choppy choppy!!!
                            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                            "What IS fun to fight through?"
                            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

KhirasHY: That's true, people have a habit of saying stuff like that when exasperated to themselves or to friends and what-not who are around, but it's different from saying to a person or group "I'm going to come down there and shoot you all".

eidble hat: I thought that same thing, Monty Python rules us all.... ^^;

Comment

Working...
                              X