Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me the SC? I was kinda justified though...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me the SC? I was kinda justified though...

Ohmygawd just went through AGONY. And I feel bad, but I think I took it out a bit on the people in the way.

So a bit of backstory. We canceled Comcast's service back in Feb when we moved to our new place. The lady at our store location said we were due a refund from overpayment or something, she wasn't sure. We were told to expect a check 6-8 weeks from then. Last month, I remembered this, noticed we didn't have said check, and called about it. A week later of phone tag with them, we're told to drive 45 minutes to the nearest location to get our check. No luck. Its a diff state's account, they say they can't do ANYTHING with it, even get a payment. More phone tag....and it turns out we apparently now have a balance OWED.

Of....drumroll please... $0.96

Tbh, the guy who told me this info finally sounded like he was quaking. I felt bad. I said a couple of jokes to try and calm him down. Now for what happened today.

Its bill paying day....I go to comcast's website to pay. Hm. They won't let me pay due to the fact my account is canceled. Okay...well the store here won't accept payments....lemme call up Comcast. <more phone tag for an hour ensues only to be told "use the phone payment system"> Phone payment system also denies me since my account is canceled.

And now, I'm cranky.

-------
    Me: I'm frustrated, tired, and nursing a colicky 3 week old while my toddler is in timeout for throwing stuff at the cat. Oh and I've been playing phone tag for hours.

CSDude: Poor poor guy....
    ------
    Me: <explains story> Okay, now I'm so effing sick and tired of this. What the HECK do you guys expect me to do? I'm trying to pay you guys off, for crying out loud!

CSDude: Sorry to hear that, lemme have your account number and I'll look it up.

Me: <reels it off> Please, just do whatever. I don't want to pay an exorbitant fee to pay over the phone, and I don't want to ignore this and ruin my credit history.

CSDude: Okay, I see the balance. Ninety six cents. Holy cow...

Me: My thoughts EXACTLY. Now what?

CSDude: Two seconds. Okay...it's taken care of.

Me: Like...um...wha...how...how do I pay? (this is taking a bit to settle in!)

CSDude: I nulled the charge. You don't owe anything.

Me: So...that was it.

CSDude: Yep.

Me: All those hours. You fixed it. Just like that. That's it? (Did I mention a bit?)

CSDude: Yeeeep. Anything else?

Me: Nope. Thanks. /click

I feel bad because a) I was fairly angsty toned when I first talked. And then I went all "DUUUURRRR" on him. I am just STILL so mad...all that time...we even DROVE...and all for ninety six cents that someone went <click!> and took care of?!

...Am I an SC?...
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comcast gave you the run-around (which they are starting to do to my poor BF) so you had every right to be upset. I'm guessing the CSRDude knew this and figured since it was so low, he would give you a break.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

...Am I an SC?...
      Nah, you're just a human being. I would have been annoyed too. Glad it worked out so well.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Eh...I just still feel bad over the fact I was so curt with him and I know I snapped a bit. And he had no idea what was going on...couldn't have known...

Also I was worse than a broken record at the end and I know that type of stuff can drive CSRs nuts. :P
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

You were right to be pissed at Comcast, but it sounds like you were a bit of an SC to that guy.

Comment

As a person who has worked in CSDudes shoes before I don't think you were that bad at all. Even with the tone. Believe me, we understand people get upset. And you had a valid reason to be upset IMO. I would have done exactly what he did. I mean crap, $0.96 is not going to break the company. If more CSR's would do what he did then you wouldn't have gotten the run around.

I mean seriously, more CSR's need to realize that in just them answering the phone to talk to you the company lost way more than $0.96

Comment

I would have been upset also.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                Comcast gave you the run-around
                Which they are kind of infamous for doing. They're quite despised around here.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Being annoyed at abuse and incompetance is not sucky, it's a natural reaction. If you blasted this person in an attempt at revenge for said abuse, you'd be sucky. If you yelled at them until they gave you something free, you'd be sucky. You were simply tired of something that should have been easy. Don't stress over it.

Comment

You had every right to be upset.

(Congrats on the baby!)
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      ...Am I an SC?...
                      I had this happen a couple times when I was working phones for huge cell phone provider, our billing system was not supposed to bill for anything under $5(I think not sure on exact amount) on a closed acct-it was supposed to be credited off as final bill write off.

I was usually just as upset as the customer for what my "colleagues" had put the customer through-and normally took care of it as they were venting, or screaming for a manager. Honestly I'd rather have a customer ticked off at something that was an easy fix like that, as after fixing it they were happy-if still somewhat ticked as my co-workers. The rep you got still had the slight glimmer of wanting to help people, and wasn't fully encased in apathy-it more than likely made him happy that he could actually help someone easily, without them resorting to yelling and having to get a manager.
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm sorry but that's bullshit! How the hell do you know that a month or two later that you won't recieve a bill stating that you 96 cents PLUS interest? I would have INSISTED on paying that 96 cents. Saying that they "took care of it" makes you look like an ass cause of all that nonsense that you went through.
                        I'd call back & DEMAND an explanation.

Comment

I dunno, when I was a tech, I loved calls like that. Three agents and two days of calls couldn't fix your problem but I did in 7 minutes flat? Talk about an ego boost!
                          What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

And things like this is why I hate Comcast and want nothing to do with them.

It's Comcraptisc!

Comment

Hmmm...well, you had a right to be upset at Comcast, but it sounds like the last agent really was awesome.

Despite my frustration, I probably would have thanked HIM profusely before just hanging up.

Just my 2 cents.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X