This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Time and more asshatary

So today I was alone in my department when the manager called the compactor. Their were no customers in the area so i head out back with my trash. It takes about a minute to get to the compactor and I was waiting in line for about two minutes for my turn. In total I was gone for three minutes tops. As I am heading back i hear a page for customer assistance to my department.

When I arrive I have one SC waiting. Before he sees me I see him walk in to my back room about 10-15 feet in. I start to jog and approach the back room.

Me: Hey, get out of the back room and on to the tile floor.
    SC: Finally! I have been waiting her for 20 minutes.
    Me: Sir, get out of the back room NOW!
    SC:....
    The SC slowly begins to look to the entrance. I force him out by walking right behind him.
    Me: How may I...
    SC: You WILL assist me by getting me a <insert product> Also, I am i the retail business *oh crap, what gem will I get now* If one of my employees EVER told a customer to leave an employees only area, I would fire them. The customer is always right. I can not be wrong. Employees must always be respectful of customers! Now get me my damn <product>!

I decide to check in the freezer and "look" for a product I know we don't have any of in stock. beside it was hot out and the freezer felt good. When I come out of the freezer, the SC is gone. Not seeing him nearby I go about my other duties. About two minutes later the SC returns.

SC: Hey! Where is my <product>
    Me: we are out of stock.
    SC: Thats impossible. I am a manager in retail and I never have run out of anything. Ever. *WTF? what establishment is that where you have never rant out of even one item? I guess he believes in the magical back room.*
    Me: Sir, we are out of stock.
    SC: I have never been treated so porrley and rudley by ANY store in my life. It amazes me that <company> would hire a retard like you. My dog is more capable than you.
    The SC stomps out of the building.

The dog thing was a new one for me. I highly suspect that he is a former retail manager or never was based on his expectations. And to think, I was the rude one according to him.

Maybe he was a retail manager for half a minute? Or maybe he has a 'Be A Manager Playset at home.
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

Find out where he lives and steal his front door.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

He sounds like one of those douche bag managers who fire employees at any whim of an SC. IF he is a manager of course... I definately wouldn't work for him
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I highly doubt this yokel has ever worked retail in his life. Any manager knows there are reasons why customers aren't allowed in back rooms, either their own safety or the stores loss prevention. And never running out of any product? What did his store sell, eau de Superiority Complex?

I feel sorry for his dog.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            SC: Thats impossible. I am a manager in retail and I never have run out of anything. Ever.
            I've waited a long time for a perfect chance to use the phrase, "You lying shit."

I think it fits here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rayndel2 View Post
              Or maybe he has a 'Be A Manager Playset' at home.
              So that's how Stupid Fat Manager got to be a GM in my company! I always wondered where he could have possibly learned how to be such a slave driver from behind the safety of his desk and so spineless when anyone finally stood up to him. (Stupid Fat Manager is my second most-hated manager in all my working life. He transferred from my store to a larger one and is now a GM in a smaller store in another state.)

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              Me: How may I...
              SC: You WILL assist me by getting me a <insert product> Also, I am i the retail business *oh crap, what gem will I get now* If one of my employees EVER told a customer to leave an employees only area, I would fire them. The customer is always right. I can not be wrong. Employees must always be respectful of customers! Now get me my damn <product>!
              My wife and I hope to eventually start a used bookstore of our own. If we do, I am going to post the following sign all over the store:

<Store Name> management does NOT require employees
              to be polite or respectful to any customer
              who exhibits blatant stupidity or rude and cruel behavior.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                My wife and I hope to eventually start a used bookstore of our own. If we do, I am going to post the following sign all over the store:

<Store Name> management does NOT require employees
                to be polite or respectful to any customer
                who exhibits blatant stupidity or rude and cruel behavior.
                Come open the store in MN and let me work there!

*back on topic*
                What the hell does he have up his arse? o.O IF he was ever a manager, I don't see him having many people working for him if he fires them for stupid reasons like that. Did he complain about you at all?
                Last edited by Kyree; 07-11-2008, 02:42 AM.
                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                  Come open the store in MN and let me work there!

*back on topic*
                  What the hell does he have up his arse? o.O IF he was ever a manager, I don't see him having many people working for him if he fires them for stupid reasons like that. Did he complain about you at all?
                  No complaints yet.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    Find out where he lives and steal his front door.
                    May be a little extreme, but an interesting idea nonetheless. What would op do with a door?
                    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously, what moron thinks that stores cannot run out of products and to allow customers in an employees only area?!! Oh wait...that would be him and for him to claim that he was a retail manager is a real hoot. If I was a manager and I got that sort of complaint from the likes of him, I'll laugh right in his face.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                        May be a little extreme, but an interesting idea nonetheless. What would op do with a door?
                        But their was no door so I assumed I could rummage in your house, as I am total strangeer, as you were in my store.

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                          Make a table out of it and sell lemonaide?
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Rayndel2 View Post
                            Maybe he was a retail manager for half a minute? Or maybe he has a 'Be A Manager Playset at home.
                            Doesn't PlaySkool make those?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              Doesn't PlaySkool make those?
                              I thought it was Fisher-Price.

I wonder if they also have that as a video game for the PS2?
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X