• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best interest to lose my job?

We had an INSANELY busy day today. I had a couple of gems today:

Creepy guy

Me: Customer Support, this is Jessica*
    SC: Yeah, eh, yeah Jessica I need to know what the grace period is or if you can, uh, take a payment, yeah, over the phone.
    Me: I'm sorry we can't take payments over the phone.
    SC: Uh, yeah, Andrea, what's the grace period?

The guy kept calling me Andrea and sounded like the stereotypical creepy guy, down to the panting, ackward pauses and heavy breathing. His voice was like that guy in Bugs Bunny who was modeled after the mafia. "yeah, now see here, yeah" I swore he was holding his flesh pencil in his hand as he was talking to me. I still want to shower. With Bleach. And a scrub brush...

Best interest

Another guy calls in wanting me to fax over a customers information. The guy says he was the accountant, but couldn't verify a single lick of information. So I refused to provide it.

Me: I'm sorry, I can't fax anything to that number because you can't verify any information.
    SC: Look, don't you think you're taking this security too far?
    Me: Sir you haven't been able to verify a single piece of information, and I can tell you that fax number you gave to us is not in our system.
    SC: It would be in your best interest to fax that, I'm your customer.
    Me: Actually, you're not. *Customer* is. If you have him call us, and he lets us know it's ok to fax it, we will.
    SC: Look this is overboard. Just fax it.
    Me: Sir would you like me to fax your account number to a fax number when the person on the other line couldn't verify who they were or who you were?
    SC: Call him and get verification and fax that information or you'll be sorry.
    Me: Once I get the information I need, I will. Anything else I can do for you?
    SC: Call. *Click*

Felt tips smear in water, better use ball point
    *Not sucky, but FC- Funny customer

I had a customer who was having issues getting online and called wanting to know if he should mail his payment.

I asked if he had tried to get online today:

FC: No. I just want to know if I need to mail my payment.
    Me: Well the payment isn't due for a couple of weeks. If you'd like you can wait until Friday and if it hasn't posted by then, I'd suggest mailing a payment.
    FC: I can't wait that long. I'm on a submarine.
    Me: How do you mail a payment from a submarine?

*Not my real name.
    Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 07-19-2008, 01:04 AM.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Quoth Gothicsmurf View Post
    Felt tips smear in water, better use ball point
    *Not sucky, but FC- Funny customer

I had a customer who was having issues getting online and called wanting to know if he should mail his payment.

I asked if he had tried to get online today:

FC: No. I just want to know if I need to mail my payment.
    Me: Well the payment isn't due for a couple of weeks. If you'd like you can wait until Friday and if it hasn't posted by then, I'd suggest mailing a payment.
    FC: I can't wait that long. I'm on a submarine.
    Me: How do you mail a payment from a submarine?
    ooh ooh ooh... my 6th grade teacher used to be in the Navy, you actually can mail from a submarine, during peace time apparently there is a regular schedule when they will surface and meet with a carrier or what not to get mail transferred and is eventually sent via cargo plane or boat to the mainland.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Um, GS, you might want to fix the name up there under Creepy Guy.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        Um, GS, you might want to fix the name up there under Creepy Guy.
        in the second spot, also
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Guess I should have explained better, since I got a couple of PM's about it too.

My real name is neither Andrea or Jessica. The point was he got my name right after the first time he said it, then totally kept calling me the wrong name, but a LONG shot.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          ooh ooh ooh... my 6th grade teacher used to be in the Navy, you actually can mail from a submarine, during peace time apparently there is a regular schedule when they will surface and meet with a carrier or what not to get mail transferred and is eventually sent via cargo plane or boat to the mainland.
          Oh yeah, thanks for ruining it for me. :wink:
          Last edited by Boozy; 07-19-2008, 12:07 PM. Reason: merging consecutive posts
          You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth Gothicsmurf View Post
            My real name is neither Andrea or Jessica. The point was he got my name right after the first time he said it, then totally kept calling me the wrong name, but a LONG shot.
            Okay, that is weird.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
            X