This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not helpful, huh?

Customer called saying she was getting voicemails at the dept. she was calling; just kept getting transferred around, etc., and just needed some basic information anyways.

It being very slow... I took it upon myself to personally help her by calling the dept and finding out a lot of good information for her.

When I got back on the phone, I answered all of her questions and was telling her everything I knew. (Keep in mind my job is totally different from this; this was something I did on my own). I was being very polite and everything.

Her?

"Well you're just not very helpful!" *click*

Geeeeeez.

Shame on you for not giving her the moon.

I hate it when people do that.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You weren't expecting her to acknowledge anything you did in a positive way, were you?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I got a similar call once

Me: <company> bakeshop
        SC: Yes, what time do you close?
        Me: The store closed at midnight, the bakeshop and seafood dept close at 9, meat at 8 and deli at 10.
        SC: That's not very helpfyl. not helpful at all.
        Me: were you looking for a department I didn't mention? *i mention the most common ones that people call about*
        SC: no. *click*

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
          Shame on you for not giving her the moon.
          Giving people the moon is more effective when done in person.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well obviously you didn't give her the answer she thought was right. Why can't you just do your job right and read EVERYONE'S mind to get to the core of things?
            "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Comment

ah, how the world would change if they got a $10 credit for every employee complement they gave
              "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Working...
              X