Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky mom I seriously wanted to choke!

This is one from way back when I worked at Wal-Mart. I handled both the seasonal and pet sections (they were across the aisle from each other) and the seasonal section was right next to the Toy section....and this was at Christmastime.

I'm in the pets section doing something when I hear a rattling noise, I walk out towards the aisle and I see this kid, maybe 4 years old that was SHAKING a huge display of toys. His mom was nearby so I cast a glare towards both of them and the kid stopped what he was doing.

I knew it was his mom because I had encountered the two of them earlier when they had asked me to search out a toy for them, since I didn't work in the toy department I did not know where to find it and had to call someone else over to assist them.

So I go back to where I was previously to finish up what I was doing, when a minute or so later I hear: *rattle* *rattle* *rattle* CRASH!! I dash back out towards the aisle and what do I see: The kid still standing there with a pile of toys all around his feet. He had shaken the display so hard the whole thing came down. The kid had a look of shock on his face.

I will never forget what happened next:

The mother came around and saw what her son had done, she looked at the pile of toys on the floor and then towards me. Then she SMILED at her son and told him:

"That's ok dear, this nice man will pick those up, that's what he's here for."

And then she grabbed the kid and off they went. I was like

She didn't tell him to pick them up, she didn't scold him, she didn't convey in any way that what he did was wrong, instead she smiled and told him it was someone else's problem!

but the REAL kicker?

At the end of my shift the depart manager shows a written complaint she'd recieved about me, from the Mom of the Year, complaining I was "inconsiderate and unhelpful" (from the issue in the Toys department)

I never did see that woman again, but I swear if I had I would have knocked her teeth out, job be damned.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 07-21-2008, 05:28 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

What a stupid b*tch!!!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

"That's ok dear, this nice man will pick those up, that's what he's here for."
      "It's ok kiddo, your mother's a pretentious bitch."
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        I never did see that woman again, but I swear if I had I would have knocked her teeth out, job be damned.
        Fuckin A! Only a real idiot would ever care about a walmart job.

Comment

Hey! I am teh proud owner of a wal-mart job and proud of it.

did I fool you?

Comment

Oh how I wish more stores enforced the You Break It You Bought It rule.
            Too bad that can't be applied to employee's sanity.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
              Seriously. What a stupid bitch. Now her son's going to grow up to be just as much of a jackass. Unless he gets a job in retail, of course.
              Now that I think about it, this lady should be forced to work in retail for a while.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
                Only a real idiot would ever care about a walmart job.
                Hey now, I'm sure you didn't mean anything personal, but please remember a walmart job still pays the bills. Not everyone can be choosey about where they work and not all Walmarts are evil places to be employed.

Anyhoo....Oi whatta witch this woman was and way to teach your kid personal responsibility. Seems everything will always be someone else's fault or something for someone else to clean up.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hoooo boy! I swear, the Moms of the CS board need to give parenting lessons to the world....
                  If I had done that, my Mom would've made me pay for the broken holder, pick up the toys, apologize to the storepeople and then gone home and gotten The Lecture.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Hey now, I'm sure you didn't mean anything personal, but please remember a walmart job still pays the bills. Not everyone can be choosey about where they work and not all Walmarts are evil places to be employed.
                    plus around here they pay $4 an hour more than anyone else. anybody here not care about taking a $4 pay cut?

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                      Hoooo boy! I swear, the Moms of the CS board need to give parenting lessons to the world....
                      If I had done that, my Mom would've made me pay for the broken holder, pick up the toys, apologize to the storepeople and then gone home and gotten The Lecture.
                      ...sounds about right. *dashes off to talk to mother about the potential book deal*
                      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                      --Unknown

Comment

*Chews on evil woman and her spawn*

YOU GO PICK THAT UP RIGHT FRIKKEN NOW! I hate hate HATE when people leave a store, ANY STORE, a mess! It's rude and mean and spiteful and if I had my way all those idiots would immediately have their butts kicked and they'd have to wear a big bright shiny sticker on their foreheads reading "I Was Rude" so they can feel the SHAME.

...THE SHAME!

I don't like people who purposely leave messes, okay?
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                          Too bad that can't be applied to employee's sanity.
                          As damaged as it is, I still prefer to keep my sanity to myself. I don't want to give any random ass-tard the opportunity to abuse it furthermore. I really could use the money, though...
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

There's a reason why I don't like a lot of people.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Not to mention that she would be a good candidate as "Defendant" in a slander lawsuit if her FALSE complaint would have resulted in your termination. Hey why not? She wants to be a vindictive bitch why not force HER pay for YOUR car and home???

Comment

Working...
                              X