X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you b****dy better drive fast

Me - me
    lazy sodding customer - LSC

Just closing up at 5.50pm after a pretty slow Saturday and the phone rings. I knew answering it was a bad idea. When will I learn?

Me - Welcome to ***** *****. How can I help?
    LSC - Hi, what time do you close?
    Me - I'm just about to walk out the door now.
    LSC - Oh no really?! Oh this is awful. I've got a party to go to tonight and I really need some of your *******. Could you please stay open and I'll come and get some right away?
    Me - (grinding my teeth) Certainly. How long to you think you will be?
    LSC - Oh I'll just get out of bed and come straight over. I'm in Bay View.

WTF!!!! That is a forty minute drive away! You have spent all day lolling around in bed and then suddenly at the last minute you have a brain spasm that you absolutley have to have this one particular product right now!

I could have murdered her but she was sweet when she came in.
    Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Wait...you actually waited for her? You're a better person than I, is all I can say.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yeah. The joys of having your own business. I would'nt expect my staff to though
      Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't have stayed either.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yeah the joys of having your own business. I drew the line at the guy who wanted me to stay open and extra 3 hours because he was going out to dinner first.

Comment

Ohhh, you're in trouble now. Everytime she has a party and wants to drag ass getting what she needs/wants, she will expect you to stay to accomodate her because, "you've done it for me before!"
            MySpace

Comment

I can't believe you waited. That's incredible!

Comment

If that was me, I would've let the phone ring.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I just let the phone ring after it is closing time
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    Wait...you actually waited for her? You're a better person than I, is all I can say.
                    +1

I don't wait for anyone. If I say I close in 5 minutes and they say they'll be in in 6, I still tell them to get fucked.
                    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                      +1

I don't wait for anyone. If I say I close in 5 minutes and they say they'll be in in 6, I still tell them to get fucked.
                      Agreed. Me being the dork I am, she would have received an answer along the lines of "Unless you're familiar with Barry Allen, then you're out of luck."
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

In these days of poor economic conditions, can any business afford to turn away customers?

It is Portia911's business, so it isn't costing her payroll to stay open, so whatever the customer bought will be income for her business. Had it been an employee, staying open might have cost more than it generated.

But I think we can all agree that the customer should have dragged her ass out of bed and gotten there earlier.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Back when I was a glassy-eyed newbie with a functioning heart, I would have been willing to wait. Of course, I've been burned too many times by people who said they would be there "in 10 minutes", half an hour later they still haven't shown and I give up. My time has to be worth something.
                          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                          X