This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they overcharged me

Me: thanks for calling us, this is Dave.

Guest: yea Dave, I am just looking at my charges for this restaurant we ate at and they overcharged us

Me: ok did you want the number to the restuarant?

Guest: No I would like you to call and straighten this out for me

Me: sir, I have nothing to do with the restaurant

Guest: But I made my reservations with you, I thought you would call and coordinate this for me

Me: I will give you their number

Guest: I guess it is against your policy to lift a finger to help a customer...I guess we will have to make do....give me the number if thats the protocol and then I expect a call from your supervisor first thing in the morning, is that clear?

Me: yea sure

Guest: you dont sound like you're taking this seriously. I dont appreciate your nonchalant attitude

Me: I'm sorry

Whatever happened to straightening out your own messes and not expecting everyone else to do it for you? Y'know that whole personal responsibility thing?? Gah, what a jerk.

Comment

Hi Dave! On my way to your place, a clerk at a gas station overcharged me. Can you take care of that for me?
      For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
      http://atriumforum.com/
      Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Is this some sort of all-inclusive vacation place? If it is, I could understand speaking to the front desk...perhaps; though if they refer you to someone else to handle your particular problem, you should probably speak to that person. However, I don't get the impression that this is the case, here. Either way, venture off the property and you're on your own.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

i like the nonchalant, non-serious, uncaring "im sorry" at the end.
          I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Guest: you dont sound like you're taking this seriously. I dont appreciate your nonchalant attitude

Well I don't appreciate your superiority complex attitude and threatening manner so I guess we're at an impasse. Oh and by the way, there's this really cool website all about people like you. You should check it out sometime, you might learn something.
            I don't like your attitude!
            Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

Why would someone even want a middleman dealing with this kind of thing? Unless it was a foreign country where I didn't understand the language and needed literal help fixing the problem, I would want to do it myself to be sure it was settled and ASAP.

I've heard of concierge's going above and beyond the call of duty but aren't they generally in extravagantly pricey establishments, where they want the big spenders to stay and keep them there by accommodating every whim?
              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Is your property called Trump Tower? Because, seriously, who thinks like that?
                "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

"Yes, you were overcharged. The restaurant is sending the excess money ... to me. Sorted for you"
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm assuming that this is the same in US consumer law...

A diner is entering into a contract with the restaurant for the provision of a meal. The dispute is thus between the diner and the restaurant manager. Why didn't the guest complain after being provided with the bill?

'Middleman' situations are quite dangerous at the best of times. What an utterly cowardly prick!

Comment

Sure I'll sort out the discrepancy, however there will be a handling fee, service charge and tax to remove after I've taken my 60% cut.

Hello?

Hello?

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                      X