This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    I hate going to the eye doctors so much, i'd rather go to my dentist weekly if it meant I didn't have to go see the eye doc... I went the other day and he tried to put my contacts in for me. "Get your finger away from my eye stick-man!!!"
    OH seconded! My current optometrist would never dream of that (wonderful guy on all fronts), but before him was this HUGE optometrist who shoved my lenses in will I nill I. HATED it, I think he gets bigger in my memories.

The only other that comes close is the one at Scott AFB- he looked like Newt Gingrich and had no bedside (chairside?) manner.

Comment

I've never had the Field Test done. Probably because I had such bad eye-sight (9.00 and 11.00 for right and left eyes, respectively. Was near-sighted). Had the Lasik done and I've been able to see clearly ever since.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
        The only thing I don't like about the eye doctor is the "puff of air in the eye" test.
        The Glaucoma detection test? The one that could save your vision if it detects glaucoma early?
        You hate tat? Sure, it's annoying, and a bit uncomfortable, but if it'll save my eyesight, hurray. Though I do want to get Lasik when I have the money to do so. I can't do any of the interesting stuff I want to do because of my glasses (and I can't bring myself to get contacts all the way in my eyes...)
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          The Glaucoma detection test? The one that could save your vision if it detects glaucoma early?
          Aaah, see, I've never known what it's for. I thought it was some kind of reflex test.

But, much like cervical cancer, can we figure out a less painful way to test for that?
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Unfortunatly there is no better test because it measures the pressure behind the eye.I would rather have that, than the operation that my mother and aunt went through to relieve the pressure.
            "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
            set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Working...
            X