Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to add texting to my account...

While at work today, a call came in from a customer interested in adding the texting package to his wireless account. With my company, like most companies, when you call in to make changes to your account, you need to verify the name, billing address, and either the customer code or the last 4 digits of the SSN.... We got to step 1.

*My greeting*
    SC: "I wanna add texting to my cell phone"
    Me: "Okay. Can I get the name on the account?"
    SC: "I don't know the name."
    Me: "Well whose account is it?"
    SC: "I don't know, I just pay the bill on it."
    Me: "Well the number you gave me brought up a business account and I can't touch that. I'll have to transfer you to the business department."
    SC: "Nevermind." *Customer hangs up*

o_O

He doesn't know the name? Wha...?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I know. That's what I said... Sounds like a stolen phone or something to me. Either that or he's just really stupid.

Comment

... <- Struck speechless.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth TheSilentOne View Post
          I know. That's what I said... Sounds like a stolen phone or something to me. Either that or he's just really stupid.
          Could be that he's got a company phone too, and wants to use it personally But I'd put bets on stupid as well.
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I could see that happening at my work. We have work cell phones, with a business account under ONE of our consortium universities. I can never remember who its under and always have to ask our fiscal guy. Plus, we dont have texting, and I could see some numbnut trying to sneak that in on their phone.

Comment

Quoth TheSilentOne View Post
              I used to be an accountant at a firm that had work cell phones for surveyors. These guys worked outside all day long and never met me. They wouldn't have known if it was my name, the CFO's name, or the owner's name on the account. It does sound like he was trying to get away with something he wasn't supposed to do at the very least.
              Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

I'm betting stolen phone. He knows the number, which can be found out easily any number of ways, but doesn't know the name assosiated with the phone? Or even that it is a business phone? And he supposedly pays the bills for it?

This guy's story is a Penn & Teller show!
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I sense a phone bricking is imminent.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've had similar fun conversations with really stupid people using pirated software:

Me: That serial number is registered to someone else. Can you double check that you gave me the number again?

SC: Oh. Um. It's right. Who is that number registered to?

Me: *nice try* I'm afraid I can't disclose that information for privacy reasons. *as if we both don't know what's going on here* Can you tell me where you purchased this license?

SC: I don't remember where I bought it. It is mine, though. I just don't know what name I registered it under.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      I sense a phone bricking is imminent.
                      Would that be breaking a phone and turning it into a brick, or breaking a phone WITH a brick and turning it into a pile of chunks?
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Your mileage may vary.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                        X