This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Outage Suckiness

Ok, so I'm manning the front desk for one of the people out sick (not my normal job) and I have a call come in and the person is asking about the scheduling of the fall classes.

Not sucky and we do this all the time since the website isn't completely updated yet.

So I ask the customer to wait on hold while I look up the information and he agrees.

<flash><crack><kaboom>

Power outage.

Well now since our phones are not connected directly to the phone lines (digital multi-extension system) when the power goes out we're on the battery backup which normally gives us about an hour for the system, but it looks like the battery had a dead load cell or two since the phones blipped off then and there.

Damnit.

No power comes back within the hour and so we're told to close and lock up early. Yay!

Fast Forward to this morning.

Guy calls back and when he hears that it's me...he starts ripping me a new asshole about hanging up on him. I try to explain that the power went out and that the phones died as well. He told me bullshit since phones do not get their power from the AC jacks. I informed him that many cordless units do use BOTH and that our digital system requires it and that I was sorry since the battery back-up failed us.

Does this placate him? If this story is here you can probably guess the answer.

So he calls me a goddamn liar and continues verbally sodomizing me. I explain, he calls me a liar, lather rinse repeat until finally I get...

I don't give two hoots in hell how your goddamn phone system works...you are a rude mother[smurf]er and a lying son of a bitch and I want your manager so I can have your job. Now since my manager was in my office (we were looking up a new backup for the phones) I had it on speaker so she knew what the problem was. She picks up and she goes through the same thing. We're lying mother[smurf]ers vs the phone's dead, the phones are dead Dave.

Eventually I hear "There is no one higher than me, I'm the goddamn executive director of this facility, I'm sorry the phones were cut off on you last night but I can assure you that I'm not sorry for this..."

And hangs up on the prick. She then calls the front desk and tells them that that person is to be politely hung up on and we get back to looking at a new UPS for the phones.

What a choad

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    Eventually I hear "There is no one higher than me, I'm the goddamn executive director of this facility, I'm sorry the phones were cut off on you last night but I can assure you that I'm not sorry for this..."

And hangs up on the prick. She then calls the front desk and tells them that that person is to be politely hung up on and we get back to looking at a new UPS for the phones.

What a choad

M
    Go Exec! (I never thought I's say THAT in my lifetime)
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

W00t! Way to show 'em, Mr. Executive!

If only we could all do that. *sigh*
      Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Working...
      X