This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Term Memory Loss is a Horrible Thing

As backstory, I work the night shift at the only 24 hour gas station in the immediate area, so I deal with a lot of drunks every night.

About 20 minutes ago, a drunk woman came in to buy matches. I gave them to her, she put them in her pocket, and stared at me with her hand out. "Matches?" she asked.

I replied that she put them in her pocket. She seemed okay with that, and left. About a minute later, she came back in. "I need another pack of matches." I smile, and give them to her, for free. She now has matches and cigarettes in one hand, and she holds out the other, and says again, "matches?"

I tell her that she's holding them, and take them out of her right hand and put it in her left. And she again seemed happy. When she left, I started laughing to myself, because it was funny.

Unfortunately, she saw me laughing through the window, and flipped. "DON'T YOU ****ing LAUGH AT ME YOU **********ING PIECE OF ****," etc. Which, of course, only made me laugh harder. She then threw both packs of matches at the window and stormed away.

I hope that these drunks you deal with on a nightly basis are walking to your gas station...or that you're calling the cops on them if they're driving.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X