This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Today, this guy pumped some petrol and when he came to pay, his card was declined. I filled out the usual form and asked him to give me some ID so I could check that the information was correct, and sign. He gave me the ID but refused to sign. It took about 10 minutes of back and forth as I told him we needed his signature for our records before he agreed to sign it. He chucked the paper on the floor and left. I couldn't retrieve it right away cuz I had to go out the side door and into the shop. The arsehole had only signed the flipping paper with "Mickey Mouse". That's right, Mickey Mouse. I was livid and so was my collegue. And cuz he sent his wife to pay, we never got that signature. -.-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Meh... the wife probably would have just signed Minnie anyway

Comment

So....how are you gonna get the money out of him? Just wondering what you do in cases like this one...
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Hang on, he didn't pay, and he got to ... leave?

Round here, if you don't/can't pay, they will detain your vehicle and you can walk home to get the cash. Don't like that option? That's fine, sir, we'll phone the Police now then.

Comment

At the station I work at you either call someone to bring you the money or the police are called. You may not leave with the car. If you do we report it to the police as a drive off.

My state passed a law last year that can give a 30-day suspension of a driver's license and a fine between $100 and $500.

Comment

Er, if you read all my post, you'd have seen that he DID pay; he sent his wife to pay. Basically, we give people 7 days to come up with the cash, or we hand the form to the police. Cuz he had to hand over ID, we knew that his name and address were correct; I had already checked what he wrote down as regards to the registration and car make with the car. So he would have been nailed anyway, even if he hadn't come back.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

I think the guy took a page from this article.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I would have noticed it if he hadn't chucked the paper on the floor and scrammed before I got to it. -.- He also can never frequent the petrol station again, as we'd be on to him the second he walked in thru the door. XD Especially my manager.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                  Meh... the wife probably would have just signed Minnie anyway
                  She's probably just fucking Goofy.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

*snerk* There goes rule number one again... XD
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I once had a guy ask me why my company was such a "Mickey Mouse Corporation" (cable company) & then proceeded to call ALL of a "bunch of Mickey Mouses." Maybe that mouse was one of my co-workers. It wouldn't surprise me if he was a contractor for our company. Damn idiot.
                      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

The fact that he "sent" his wife to pay implied that he got to leave the premises, with car, and the wife came down on her own later to pay.

I think what we're saying, is that in our experience, a person would not be permitted to leave the premises (at least, not with the vehicle). A wife could be "called for", but he couldn't drive home and send her down to pay the promisory note.

Comment

Frankly, it puzzles me why gasoline/petrol stations around the globe aren't pre pay. Then pump. No pre pay, no fuel.
                          Such a simple solution.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                            The fact that he "sent" his wife to pay implied that he got to leave the premises, with car, and the wife came down on her own later to pay.

I think what we're saying, is that in our experience, a person would not be permitted to leave the premises (at least, not with the vehicle). A wife could be "called for", but he couldn't drive home and send her down to pay the promisory note.
                            That's why they fill out the form. As I have already said, we had his name, address and phone number, and he'd provided two pieces of ID. So running for it wouldn't have done him the slightest bit of good.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth texasbelle5 View Post
                              Frankly, it puzzles me why gasoline/petrol stations around the globe aren't pre pay. Then pump. No pre pay, no fuel.
                              Such a simple solution.
                              Ah, but see, that would Make Sense.

And we can't have the world Making Sense all of a sudden, now can we?
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X