Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell i'm pretty surprised the cops didn't rip him a new one.
    back when i worked at a low-end retail store back in 94 or so, someone called the cops on us cos we were goofing off after hours doing a store-training video... and during a break one of the guys had been wielding a toy gun.

when the cops zipped up into the lot and found out they'd been summoned for nothing, they spent a good half hour scolding everyone for wasting their time... even though no law had been broken.

with this guy... he broke the law by calling 911 just cos he was upset. he should have been arrested.

and douchewaffle reminds me of one of the insults they use in my fav chat room... cockwallet. both sound appropriate for him

Comment

I'll say it again, calling dispatch is not the same as calling 911.

You can call the police to come mediate nonsense if you want. It's not against the law. The police does not exist only to attempt to solve crime or monitor traffic and emergencies. They handle other crap too, such as OP. But you can't call through 911 for that stuff, you call dispatch. I've called dispatch myself a few times.

Nashida, I would bet they didn't arrest him because the store manager didn't ask them to. Since the only thing they could arrest him for is trespassing, which they need a complaint to arrest. Being an a**hole and making unreasonable demands aren't crimes yet...... I keep praying but it's not yet....
      Last edited by LostMyMind; 08-18-2008, 01:59 PM.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
        A customer said "douchewaffle"? Isn't that a term from THIS site?
        Quoth neecy View Post
        Who knows - maybe they read this site!
        All right, 'fess up! who's been shopping at Nashida's store??
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

How pathetic is that while this idiot is holding up the police with his idiotism that they should be at REAL emergencies.

Comment

So what is going to stop this "douchewaffle" from going to the next store and doing the same thing? Calling dispatch to get a good deal? And then he'll probably turn around and tell his friends about it as well ... "hey guys, I know how you can get managers to cave and get you an awesome price for some expensive shit! Just call dispatch and get the police on them!"

Which is why the DM or manager shouldn't have really caved ...
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              Until I hear "Put me through to dispatch."

Yep. I kid you not. He called 911 and told them to come to my store right away. He didn't say why they had to come, just do it. Ten minutes later I see 3 police cars pull up outside, and both Peach shirt and C head outside.
              Quoth LostMyMind View Post
              I do have to point out.... At least the idiot did not call 911 but called the dispatch directly.
              The way I read the OP, he called 911 and asked for dispatch.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The way I read it, is Nashida assume that SC called 911. Me on the other hand (since the police sent 3 cars and he didn't get arrested), see that SC called the police phone number and ask to be transfer to dispatch.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
                  The way I read it, is Nashida assume that SC called 911. Me on the other hand (since the police sent 3 cars and he didn't get arrested), see that SC called the police phone number and ask to be transfer to dispatch.
                  I guess Nashida will have to provide additional details in order to resolve this.

Nashida?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                    See, the only reason C gave in was this guy was ready to come to blows with him, even with the police right outside.
                    aren't managers trained for that type of thing in most cases? I would have welcomed an assault, the police would have been on him before he could do too much damage to anyone, and I have a rather durable body, and if I was trained on it I would have laid him out before the cops even got there

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I guess Nashida will have to provide additional details in order to resolve this.

Nashida?
                      I just heard him say "Put me through to dispatch", but I'm lost as to whether or not he actually dialed 911. C says he did, but I'm not sure.

Then again, the guy was maybe 12 feet away from me, and my hearing has been pretty bad lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X