This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Called the Store

Today, a customer called wanting the number to our store. I told her that she was calling our store. She didn't believe me and insisted that she was calling information. I gave her the number to our store.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

That kind of thing happens a lot. My Grandma's number is one - number off one for a local hairdresser's. Often they won't believe my Grandma when she tells them they have a wrong number. When/if they get pissy she simply "books an appointment" for them.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
      That kind of thing happens a lot. My Grandma's number is one - number off one for a local hairdresser's. Often they won't believe my Grandma when she tells them they have a wrong number. When/if they get pissy she simply "books an appointment" for them.

That's awesome about the fake appointment booking. I could just imagine those tards showing up to the hairdresser expecting their appointment only to be told that there was no appointment to begin with.
      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
        That's awesome about the fake appointment booking. I could just imagine those tards showing up to the hairdresser expecting their appointment only to be told that there was no appointment to begin with.
        Yep!! Don't mess with old ladies!!

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
          Yep!! Don't mess with old ladies!!
          It is only awsome if they deserve it though of course.

Out home number used to be very close to an insurance company (they changed number eventually) and we would get calls for insurance. We always gave the correct number out.

It is funny when people won't believe they made a mistake. Where I work now people hear an announcement of our organisation before they even speak to us. Quite a few people still get through and after our spiel realise they have the wrong number.

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post

Out home number used to be very close to an insurance company (they changed number eventually) and we would get calls for insurance. We always gave the correct number out.

It is funny when people won't believe they made a mistake. Where I work now people hear an announcement of our organisation before they even speak to us. Quite a few people still get through and after our spiel realise they have the wrong number.
            Yep - worse is the people who argue that its the right number, but then eventually hang up and HIT REDIAL!!! *facepalm*

Comment

My parents' home number is one digit off from a number that used to dial a patient's room at the local hospital. When I was growing up, we'd periodically get calls meant for that room. The funny thing? My mother was the head nurse on the floor where the room was located!

It ceased to be an issue when said room was converted to a storage area and the remaining patient rooms were renumbered.

Also, a friend of mine used to have a telephone number that was similar to the local Little Caesar's Pizza place (the last four digits were the reverse of the pizza place). So they'd screw with the people that called to order pizza.
              Last edited by Mike Taylor; 08-18-2008, 02:29 AM.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

We get a lot of calls for <City> Mortgage Company. We're State Bank of <City>. Before you ever get to a person, the phone system says "Thank you for calling State Bank of <City>. But they never listen to that. The first thing they're asking is if we have foreclosures in Georgia, Florida, Massachusetts, or somewhere. Half the time it's somebody who's looking to buy foreclosed properties, and the other half it's somebody whose home is being foreclosed on.

And every time we have to tell them, no that's not us. We don't have any foreclosed properties in that state. Yes, I'm sure. No, I don't know the correct number. Good luck finding the right company.

We think they're finding our website while looking for this mortgage company. Whoever they are, they must not have much of a web presence if people are finding our little single-location bank more easily than this company that holds mortgages in at least 3 states (that I can remember off the top of my head).
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

For years I used to get calls for a guy who, judging from the time and tenor of the calls, was either a call-boy or a drug dealer. My number is 552-XXXX and his was 255-XXXX.
                  I once tried that number and got him (well, his voice mail but he called me back) and he was very apologetic.
                  If someone called during the day and asked for him by name, I'd correct them and give them the correct number but if they called when I was asleep I'd send them on a wild goose chase, giving them the address of the SFPD.
                  I told him this (it had been going on for years by that time) and he laughed and said, "Fine with me. They're not supposed to call me after 10 anyway."
                  No, I did not ask what his 'business' was.
                  "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                  -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post

You want GEICO, not Gecko!
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                      I book appointments for people all day and this kind of sucks. We have enough jerks coming in as it is, do you really need to send us any more?
                      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I've always hated those conversations the most...

Me: Good day, <hotel> Security, this is Khiras.
                        SC: Who is this?
                        Me: <hotel> Security, this is Khiras.
                        SC: This isn't <random foreign embassy or something ridiculous>
                        Me: No...this is the Security department at the <hotel>.
                        SC: Are you sure?

..........Am I sure? Well, I suppose not...I guess that, in some alternate reality, the building could've morphed itself into Billy's World of Special Order Dildos, but I'm pretty sure that this is still the hotel I work at. Either that, or we're out of stock.
                        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                        "What IS fun to fight through?"
                        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I've had a spate of direct line calls at work recently. Well, only a couple, but can I call it a spate? Anyway, we have about 120 extensions in the building. The calls have been coming directly from outside, not from our operators, and have been for random other staff. Nothing to do with my department, not one number off mine, no real rhyme or reason. I can't figure out how they're getting my direct number to start with.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                            Yep - worse is the people who argue that its the right number, but then eventually hang up and HIT REDIAL!!! *facepalm*
                            "Looks like you have a wrong number. Sorry."

*click*

*ringring*

"Hit redial, didn't you? Thought so."

Had that conversation a few times.

Rapscallion

Comment

I always wondered at the store I work at, how people GOT the phone number in the first place I was told to not hand out the number or the number of any of the stores... when I asked WHY, I was told it was because "We like to have the customer come IN the store so we can better help them." :huh:???? Then when some poor woman loses a wallet, has NO money to pay, no quarter to use the pay phones, do you think CS would let her use one of our phones? (I have witnessed this)
                              "No I'm sorry customers can NOT use out phones, because they are very busy with other customers calling in." HOW?

Comment

Working...
                              X