X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you take out your own trash

Guest: Dave, I need to know about trash pick up

Me: its every Tuesday and Friday

Guest: I cant get it every day.......we cook a lot of seafood when we are down there and if we have to wait, it can start to stink

Me: well we would come get if its overflowing

Guest: but what if its not?

MeL then you wait until trash pick up day

Guest: what if I call and say the trah is full, you will come and pick it up?

Me: yes maam

Guest: well is it ok if I just lie and say it's full so you guys will come get it?

Me: no ma'am, if its not full and you dont want to wait until trash day, there is a dumpster nearby....we will not take your trash if we get there and its not full

Guest: well who is gonna take it to the dumpster?

Me: you do

Guest: you know you're not very helpful, you shouldnt be treating me like this on my vacation....you're supposed to be accomodating my schedule, I shouldnt have to accomodate yours...I wanna speak to your manager

The manager, as usual, caves in and the woman got her trash pick up every day......I am surprised they didnt make me personally go do it

Idiot. THis is what Wal-mart sacks are for- you put your smelly trash in and tie it shut.

Must be nice to be that client- never had to walk her butt to the Dumpster?

Comment

Why don't these people just stay in hotels if they expect to be waited on hand and foot?

Comment

i'm speechless...................
        All of these things the worker has done
        From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
        We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
        And always expected to carry the can.

Comment

As a very wise, hyperactive comic strip character once said, "Grown-ups sure are tense when they're recreating."

Or something like that.

VRS's spineless manager strikes again.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Seriously. Why don't you just send all requests that go against policy immediately to your manager instead of trying to handle them yourself?

It is obvious that the manager is going to do whatever a guest wants, so why put yourself through the aggravation? If your manager asks why you are doing this, you can say that it is because you cannot violate policy like the guest wants, but you know s/he always grants whatever a guest asks for, so you decided not to make the guest upset by initially being told no. That way, you can look innocent and claim to be "giving good customer service" when you actually are being highly passive aggressive - and no guest ever will think of complaining about you.

Your manager may even get fed up with all the whiny calls and refuse to take any more, so you can go back to following policy.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

SOLID advice, don't do this to yourself anymore Dave!
              For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
              http://atriumforum.com/
              Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

The other solution is to go into management yourself! I did it's fun.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  Guest: [...]you're supposed to be accomodating my schedule, I shouldnt have to accomodate yours...
                  How about no ? If that was true, why would any business even bother to, say, post business hours ? What a nitwit.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Whatever next? Flunkys to wipe their asses?

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                      Guest: Dave, I need to know about trash pick up

Me: its every Tuesday and Friday

Guest: I cant get it every day.......we cook a lot of seafood when we are down there and if we have to wait, it can start to stink

Me: well we would come get if its overflowing

Guest: but what if its not?

MeL then you wait until trash pick up day

Guest: what if I call and say the trah is full, you will come and pick it up?

Me: yes maam

Guest: well is it ok if I just lie and say it's full so you guys will come get it?

Me: no ma'am, if its not full and you dont want to wait until trash day, there is a dumpster nearby....we will not take your trash if we get there and its not full

Guest: well who is gonna take it to the dumpster?

Me: you do

Guest: you know you're not very helpful, you shouldnt be treating me like this on my vacation....you're supposed to be accomodating my schedule, I shouldnt have to accomodate yours...I wanna speak to your manager

The manager, as usual, caves in and the woman got her trash pick up every day......I am surprised they didnt make me personally go do it

The more of your stories I read the more I want to kick your manager in the balls.
                      I will never go to school!

Comment

The manager should have to do it him/herself. All this person is doing is creating more work for the people who collect the trash. Also, if othe client's see this they may ask, "how come she gets every day pick up?" , thus poor VRS will be swamped with people wanting their garbage picke up every day as well, which creates even more work for the trash collectors.

Comment

Here's a point that's not been addressed.... if there is a dumpster nearby, why not just make everyone take their trash to the dumpster instead of offering individual trash pickup? Then, there is no worry about seafood leftovers stinking through the wait until trash day unless you're downwind from the dumpster.
                          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                            Here's a point that's not been addressed.... if there is a dumpster nearby, why not just make everyone take their trash to the dumpster instead of offering individual trash pickup? Then, there is no worry about seafood leftovers stinking through the wait until trash day unless you're downwind from the dumpster.
                            'Cause see that would make sense, and we all know that goes out the window with SCs. Also I have a bad feeling that people will b-tch and moan about having to walk to the dumpster.

Comment

Working...
                            X