This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Customer, try to care a little

So on Saturday, a SC calls the store where I work. Is there a dress for Mary Jones there? Yes? Well, she's supposed to wear it for a wedding today, will someone drive it 95 miles to us?

The staff called the employees on their day off, and even asked the customers in the store, "Is anyone driving to Tinytown today?" No one was.

So guess who called the corporate office this morning, demanding to be reimbursed for a dress that was ready for them ten days ago, but they were too lazy to pick up?

The dress has been altered to fit the customer, so no, it can't really go back into stock.

Soooo, are we taking bets as to whether the customer was forced to *gasp* PAY for this dress or if management rolled right over & refunded the money?

Being that the dress was alterned and essentially unsellable, I'd place this person alongside the "renters" who like to rent dresses/cameras/products for a specific event and then return merchandise as "defective" or they "changed their mind". Jerks.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

better yet... are they going to pay extra for the special delivery?

Comment

95 miles? That's a pretty long trip for someone to make right there.... I'm somewhat surprised someone would even think of asking for something to be delivered that far away.

Comment

Ok, went to a family wedding weeekend before last.

The wedding programs were being typed up teh NIGHT BEFORE. DIdn't get done. Helpfully, the person responsible knew 1) my dh was coming and 2) he loved her (funnily he doesn't love her sister the bride near so much and 3) Dh would in fact save her ass.

To be fair, all that was expected was a fixing a format glitch that she couldn't work out while keeping her two toddler sons in line. She *got* an almost total overhaul of teh things.

Oh yes, and the bride got a lst minute (like 1.5 hur before the wedding) alteration on her dress. NOthing surprises me any more.

Comment

The ultimate bridal dress horror story. (Actually, bridemaids dresses - but still)

clicky
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Ahah, the Titanic dress. My favorite story to illustrate the principle "I am a professional. Do not try this at home."

this was for a flower girl. My guess is: she turned out to be less predictable and less inclined to follow directions (therefore rendering her less cute) and the whole flower girl idea was dropped.
              Last edited by workerbee222; 08-21-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X