X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital Murder Webkinz

Let's just get right to it:

Dear Fucktards at Radio Shack:

What kind of dirtbags are you that you've started throwing your trash behind our store?

I got called outside to dispose of two bags of garbage of yours, containing computer parts, food wrappers and bags, and I don't want to know what else. Here's a hint for you: next time you decide to leave your trash lie, don't leave it in big, easily-identifiable Radio Shack bags.

And for fuck's sake, the dumpster was just a few steps away from where you dumped your trash!

Do this again, and I'll bring the bags of trash into your store, slit them open, and let the garbage rain onto your carpeted floor. Capeche?

Killing Webkinz

Apparently the hot new trend in shoplifting is to rip the tag off Webkinz dolls, pocket it, then go on the Intarwebz and enter the code on the Webkinz site, so you get to play Webkinz without actually having to buy any Webkinz.

The dolls then get stashed anyplace that's hidden, such as in the furniture department, under the sofa displays.

Apparently, somebody found out their daughter had stolen a Webkinz code in the manner described above, and asked if there was any way she could cancel the account or kill the Webkinz on the computer. Our LP girl was asking us about this today. Apparently the parent tried changing the passwords on the account but the daughter got into the account anyway.

So do any of you have any ideas? It's not as easy as putting out poison, ya know.

So much for generosity

Co-worker: Can I borrow your boxcutter Irv? I'll give it right back!
    Me: ....okay, I guess.
    Co-worker: Great! I'll give it back to you in a few minutes.

Five or six hours later:

Me: Can I have my boxcutter back?
    Co-worker: Ummm...I lost it. I looked everywhere for it.
    Me: You absolutely don't know where it is?
    Co-worker: No.
    Me: Okay, don't worry about it.

Awesome! Now I get to go back to using my old boxcutter which I have been told not to use anymore, because it isn't "safe" and shit, and pay $5 to get a new, company-approved one. I had to sign a sheet when I got my safety cutter which said I would be responsible for paying for a replacement if I needed it.

Next time somebody asks to borrow my boxcutter, the answer will be "No. Use your keys."

Is the spokesperson's name "Bob", by any chance?

We are going to be rolling out a new brand of electronics items exclusive to our store. It is called "Encite"

Which, curiously, is two letters away from the boner pill male enhancement supplement Enzyte, which is pitched by some guy named Bob with a silly smile plastered on his face:

This is Bob. Bob takes Enzyte. Now he's pitching a tent 24-7 and so forth.

I swear, does it ever dawn on corporate that these product names can be made fun of in such a manner? I don't know if I want to see the TV commercials for these items.

Frustrating Furniture Fucktardery Foofaraw

Just as I was getting ready to leave for the day...carryout. Shit. I called the cashier and was asked to deliver two bookcases in an espresso finish. (Really, really dark stained brown)

Get the bookcases loaded up and out to the customer, and begin to load them into her van:

Customer: These aren't what I purchased. I wanted black ones.
    Me: We don't carry these bookcases in black.
    Customer: They have to be black. These don't look black. If they're not black she (whoever's going to end up using these bookcases) won't want them.
    Me: It's a deep, dark brown finish. The grain of the wood is visible from close up, but not from a distance.
    Customer: Can you open one up so I can see?

I open up one of the boxes and pull out one of the pieces.

Customer: Take them back. They're not black.

Sexytime! Now I get to tape up the box I opened up Just For You, and return them both to the backroom, re-backstock them, and punch out late, just because you're an inobservant assbag. What qualifies me to make such a judgment, you ask? It's simple, really. We have these bookcases on display so people can see the finishes and decide if they'll work with their decor. You had to have looked at it for at least a little while, because the display is where you got your pull tags from.
    So feel free to do your shopping at Wally World from now on. I'm sure they have all the black bookcases you could ever want. And schedule an appointment with your optometrist.

We had a big one-day sale today. Saturday we have another big sale with doorbusters. Guess who's doing carryouts that day as well?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Irv, you need to assume a new identity. I have no other suggestions.

BTW: http://thetruthaboutenzyteclaims.com/
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Somebody explained webkinz to me the other day. So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that lady asking you how to kill her kid's *virtual* puppy? That sounds like a sick solution to me, can't she just ground her from the computer?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Apparently, somebody found out their daughter had stolen a Webkinz code in the manner described above, and asked if there was any way she could cancel the account or kill the Webkinz on the computer. Our LP girl was asking us about this today. Apparently the parent tried changing the passwords on the account but the daughter got into the account anyway.

So do any of you have any ideas? It's not as easy as putting out poison, ya know.
        Yeah .... unplug the computer and hide the cord ... or just hide the whole computer ... or password the whole system ... stop paying for the internet ... etc.

Kudos to the parents though, for at least attempting to discipline their daughter.
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
          Somebody explained webkinz to me the other day. So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that lady asking you how to kill her kid's *virtual* puppy? That sounds like a sick solution to me, can't she just ground her from the computer?
          Except her "virtual puppy" is stolen, so I have no qualms with this.
          You'd have to ground the child from the home computer for about a year before the Webkinz "dies", or so I've heard
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

theres always changing the host file so that webkinz.com has an ip of 12.0.0.1, but that isnt an easy fix
            This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
            my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
              theres always changing the host file so that webkinz.com has an ip of 0.0.0.0, but that isnt an easy fix
              The only hard part (for average lusers) is finding the host file.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Err, that would be 127.0.0.1, guys.
                "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                - H. Beam Piper

Comment

My store used to have Webkinz. We had to attach hard tags (like the ones you put on expensive clothing) to them to keep them from just walking out the door.

But before that had happened, one day, on a whim, there was a Webkinz polar bear left at my register (express register). I was bored, and feeling silly, so I put the bear on top of my head and left him there for most of the rest of the day. I got a lot of laughs and smiles from both kids and adults.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                    theres always changing the host file so that webkinz.com has an ip of 12.0.0.1, but that isnt an easy fix
                    I did that to a friend, who was Democrat, who kept sending me links to liberal blogs that I had no desire to read. One day he left he computer unlocked. I looked at his history and i made every liberal site go to FoxNews, RNC, Rush, etc. He was begging me to change it with in a hour after he got back.

Comment

I would tell the parents to call the company. I'm sure they have a way to delete the account.

Comment

So much for generosity

Co-worker: Can I borrow your boxcutter Irv? I'll give it right back!
                        Me: ....okay, I guess.
                        Co-worker: Great! I'll give it back to you in a few minutes.

Five or six hours later:

Me: Can I have my boxcutter back?
                        Co-worker: Ummm...I lost it. I looked everywhere for it.
                        Me: You absolutely don't know where it is?
                        Co-worker: No.
                        Me: Okay, don't worry about it.

Awesome! Now I get to go back to using my old boxcutter which I have been told not to use anymore, because it isn't "safe" and shit, and pay $5 to get a new, company-approved one. I had to sign a sheet when I got my safety cutter which said I would be responsible for paying for a replacement if I needed it.

Next time somebody asks to borrow my boxcutter, the answer will be "No. Use your keys."
                        I know it's only $5 but that's not right. If the other person lost it, they're responsible for it, no matter what you signed.

I'd probably ask that person if I could borrow $5 to replace the box cutter because you have to, with emphasis on the last, and if they have the gall to ask for it back... tell them you looked everywhere for it and lost it.
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Killing Webkinz

Apparently the hot new trend in shoplifting is to rip the tag off Webkinz dolls, pocket it, then go on the Intarwebz and enter the code on the Webkinz site, so you get to play Webkinz without actually having to buy any Webkinz.

The dolls then get stashed anyplace that's hidden, such as in the furniture department, under the sofa displays.

a nice, hard, ass kicking? put a password of random letters on all the accounts on the computer and don't let the kid on unsupervised?

or they could make them like phone cards where the cashier has to activate it

Comment

Customer: Take them back. They're not black.
                            This is where stores are just too politically correct. If I ran a store, I'd be saying "Well, you bought a brown one. If you don't want it, I recommend opening an eBay account. This is brown. It was brown when you bought it. There was no indication that it could be black, as we don't sell black ones. You bought a brown one. It's your brown one to do with as you please now, including selling it to someone else who maybe doesn't mind that brown is not black."

Webkinz .... snopes ... little bells ringing...

Isn't there some kind of UL going around that someone can log into your account and kill your webkinz? It would seem from this thread that it's a pretty baseless rumour - even if someone was attempting to kill your webkinz it seems like it's pretty much impossible to do.
                            Last edited by Ree; 08-21-2008, 11:11 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                              Yeah .... unplug the computer and hide the cord ... or just hide the whole computer ... or password the whole system ... stop paying for the internet ... etc.

Kudos to the parents though, for at least attempting to discipline their daughter.
                              Better yet, most home routers come with basic webfiltering software. You can literally block any sites you don't want viewed in the house. Much simpler (overall) and effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X