This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your meds, tbh.

A little background: I've been here for 2 months and I came here from a different store. I'm familiar with our computer sytems, but the ppl that worked here before me were not and they screwed up a lot. Our mail box system was never updated when someone paid to rent a mailbox so now its on me to figure out what everyone has paid or not and update their info our mailbox system. I sent out a letter to all the boxholders informing them of what they owe us ACCORDING TO OUR MAILBOX SYSTEM and put a disclaimer on it that i AM AWARE THIS BALANCE MAY BE INCORRECT and to see me if that is the case and I would fix it for them. No big whoop.

**ring**
    Me: "Good morning, thank - "
    SC: "Yeah I wanna talk to your manager."
    Me: "Well she is not available now, but I am here all the time, can I help you with something?"
    SC: "My home has been invaded by you people."
    Me: "Pardon?"
    SC: "CANT YOU HEAR ME I SAID MY HOME HAS BEEN INVADED BY YOU PEOPLE."
    Me: "Im not sure I understand."
    SC: "I got a letter saying I owe you $45.00 for my mailbox at your store but I PAID IT. I PAID IT AND I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE BILLING ME TWICE NO ONE ELSE BILLS ME TWICE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO YOUR JOB."
    Me: "Yes, I do apologize, the people that worked here before me were not familiar with our mailbox system and a lot of the information is incorrect. I put those letters out in the boxes, I put a note with it about seeing me if the balance is incorrect. Who is invading your home?"
    SC: "I RENT A BOX WITH YOU SO THAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHERE I LIVE!! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SAFE!!!!!!! WHY AM I GETTING BILLS FOR THINGS I ALREADY PAID FOR?!!!?"
    Me: "Please calm down, it is not a big deal, I can fix it for you over the phone. No one came into your home or sent anything to your home. I put those letters in the boxes here at our store."
    SC: "You don't understand." ***long pause and heavy breathing*** "I got this letter on Friday and I was sick allllllllllll weekend worrying about it, I almost missed a very important meeting because I was so sick! I mean I was throwing up! I am two steps away from calling my attorney and suing you!"
    Me: "What is your box number?"
    SC: "666."
    Me: "Ok, I will renew your agreement up to date and also give you two free months. Fixed, alright?"
    SC: "If this happens again I am suing you. I can't believe you people do business this way." **click**

I hate it when people say "kill em with kindness." The ONLY REASON I didnt calle her a godd**m f***ing c*nt and hang up is because I was training a new person on their first day and didnt want to scare them off.

Psycho bitch. Over 45 freaking dollars. I'll bet anything she was frothing at the mouth. I'll bet she eventually winds up on YouTube when she spontaneously combusts in front of a crowd of children over a messed up cheeseburger at Carls Junior.
    Last edited by elysia; 08-22-2008, 12:50 AM.

haha nice. anyways no lawyer would waste their time over $45

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
      haha nice. anyways no lawyer would waste their time over $45
      Not even Lionel Hutz?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Not even Lionel Hutz?
        "To my executor, Lionel Hutz, I leave fifty thousand dollars."
        "Mr. Hutz!"
        "You'd be surprised how many times that works. You really would?"
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
          Me: "What is your box number?"
          SC: "666."
          If that is her actual box number, it's very funny. If you just made it up for the story? Also very funny.

Quoth elysia View Post
          I hate it when people say "kill em with kindness."
          I do too. Because the term is misused by spineless managers.

To me "kill 'em with kindness" doesn't mean giving in to their every whim then throwing in a few extras. That's just reinforcing assholish behavior and accomplishes nothing.

To me "kill 'em with kindness" means to stand up for myself but politely, maybe even cheerfully. Then I get to watch them destroy themselves in a froth of rage while I stay calm and they don't get whatever ridiculous thing they were demanding of me.

It's quite a sadistic thing to do to an anger addict and isn't really all that kind. Remember that the first two words of that saying are "kill 'em."
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
            To me "kill 'em with kindness" means to stand up for myself but politely, maybe even cheerfully. Then I get to watch them destroy themselves in a froth of rage while I stay calm and they don't get whatever ridiculous thing they were demanding of me.

It's quite a sadistic thing to do to an anger addict and isn't really all that kind. Remember that the first two words of that saying are "kill 'em."
            I like to wave and smile at people who are all road raging and flipping me off as they drive by. It makes them angrier.
            Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Receiving a bill with a personal note is now invading a house? And this disturbed her so greatly that she couldn't function?

I would suggest slipping some meds in with the next invoice.

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                I like to wave and smile at people who are all road raging and flipping me off as they drive by. It makes them angrier.
                The perfect illustration of this can be found in this video of a police officer calmly giving a ticket to a very angry man. It's been in circulation since my college girl was a toddler. I think you'll enjoy the ending.

Warning: Strong language on one side of the conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHZMoPV1rog
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'm sorry, what's 'tbh'?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That woman has more issues than Reader's Digest and MAD Magazine put together.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That video was awesome

I love the cop's "Bye! " at the end.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X