Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canada the only other country you've heard of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Canada the only other country you've heard of?

"I'm so glad I'm speakin' to someone who speaks English cause everytime I call they ain't speaking no English even when I press one."
    "Unless you're getting mistakenly redirected to the Spanish queue our reps all speak English."
    "Well your centers must be in Canada or something cus they dun speak it too good."
    If I was on my game I would have responded with "Eh?" but instead I just put him on mute and laughed.

It amazes me the number of callers (with almost unintelligible Southern accents) who call in and complain about how "dem foreigner phone reps don't speak no merican!"

Once a Texan stereotype asked me for directions then complemented me on my good English.

um yeah, it happens to be the official language of the country you're visiting! No wonder American tourists have a bad reputation.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      Once a Texan stereotype asked me for directions then complemented me on my good English.

um yeah, it happens to be the official language of the country you're visiting! No wonder American tourists have a bad reputation.
      if it makes you feel better the American tourists aren't much better when they don't leave the country...

If I had a dollar for every stupid question about Mormons that I've heard... (for example, yes I am Mormon, no I don't have horns, feel my head if you want, no I don't have magical flying underwear, that would be rather uncomfortable, I imagine it would be a bit like a wedgie, no I won't drop my pants to prove it, and most importantly, I'm single so no I don't have multiple wives, nor do I ever want to have multiple wives... one will be more than enough).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Smiley i bet i could introduce you to a couple of my cousins......
        I have 10 blood aunts and uncles, 9 of which are married, and have had at least 3 children each, most often 4,5,6 or7........ yes that is 30+ cousins
        and not all are married
        oh and ive been a ccused of being asian....... or mexican because apparently i have southwestern accent (i accept that though in arizona ive been told i have a south norhtern accent or southern......) or with a chinese accent.....
        i love to say im scottish/irish/german acttually with a little bit of indian mixed in

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          Smiley i bet i could introduce you to a couple of my cousins......
          I have 10 blood aunts and uncles, 9 of which are married, and have had at least 3 children each, most often 4,5,6 or7........ yes that is 30+ cousins
          and not all are married
          over 30 cousins
          and do you actually know all of them?
          ... I was shocked to meet relatives I didn't know about before last week... and meet for the first time some that I did know about (like my cousin in law, which irritates me because why should my cousin get the pretty girl )
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

A person with a heavy southern accent can almost be as hard to understand as those people who are outsourced from such places as India.

Comment

the ones currently between 30 and 14 years of age yes, thats aboiut 20, before you ask yes i actually have cousins about to hit 40 here soon, i aslo want to point my uncle stan (who has had about 7 kids the youngest my age) was born in 45, the same year my fathers mother was born. my grand mother had 12 brothers, my grand father had 7 brothers and sister. small familys arent an opition, if my scanner was up i would get down the family photo from my grandfathers funeral (yes we photo document funerals in my family) it has about 200 people in it.Which includes second cousins, yes the 30 plus was only first counsins. its actually bout 40 in you figure that i have cousins stil being born.
              and in my family the girls are pretty.

Comment

My family has a photo of a 6 year old and a 4 year old playing in the beach... the 6 year old is my mother, the 4 year old my cousin! My mother's the youngest of five children, the oldest of my uncles is 21 years older than her.

Comment

been there done that. i think my large family is why my sister has evil plans to take over the world and license child birth and have child raising camps. and why i love kids so much i want a large family too.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    over 30 cousins

Ahahahahahahahahaha!

I have 48 cousins on my Mother's side.
                    That's not including my 17 second cousins and my entire paternal side of the family.
                    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                      Ahahahahahahahahaha!

I have 48 cousins on my Mother's side.
                      That's not including my 17 second cousins and my entire paternal side of the family.
                      My wife has somewhere in that range. What scared me, coming from a place where I had met my cousins a few times each, maybe, and marrying into a place where she knew some of her third cousins and all of her second cousins... and there were a LOT of them.

Comment

I don't know exactly how many cousins I have, but with both my parents coming from large families with their siblings and cousins having more than 2 children and/or gone through multiple marriages I have a shit load of them. It doesn't help either that my family is spread out in the US, South America and Europe....
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

my mum's from a large family. she had several siblings and has 10 cousins (same family, spaning 15- 20 years). So I have about 15 1st cousins and i lost track of how many second cousins. me and my cousins are having kids which gives us 30+ great grand kids to my grandparents. we are spread across Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Japan.

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                            It amazes me the number of callers (with almost unintelligible Southern accents) who call in and complain about how "dem foreigner phone reps don't speak no merican!"
                            I would classify that as a "mountain/hillbilly" accent, and that could be found in practically any of our 50 states.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

You think that's bad, I used to work with a guy at a Canadian call center who would get pissed on by customers for not being able to speak English.

This particular coworker was from...ENGLAND!
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X