This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new customer low...

I've worked in retail for a long time, and I've dealt with a lot of a-holes, but today tops everything.

I work as a "greeter" (not really a greeter but that's how I appear) and since I'm dressed in a slightly different uniform than my co-workers, customers assume I'm a manager (I'm not). That makes them feel entitled to say whatever horrible thing they want to say to me on their way out of the store.

Well, today, one of our rude regulars came. Usually when I greet him, he ignores me. That's fine , I'm used to people doing that. But today, he wasn't content to be passively rude.

I was standing at my station, and a much younger colleague and I were having a discussion. SC butts in and says, "Are you two related?" (I suppose all blondes with blue eyes have to be related). I jokingly said, "No, but I could probably be her much older aunt." He replies, "Well, you look like you could be related, but she's much prettier".

Admittedly that's true (although I'm not hideous by any means), but why would someone who is butt-ugly themselves feel like it's ok to say something so hurtful? I just pretended I didn't hear him and attended to other customers. But seriously, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Customers and retail suck!

Don't you know anything? We retail workers are not humans with feelings. We are there to be screamed at,abused,and have things thrown at us. That includes ugly peoples feelings about how we look.

Comment

"are you related to that dog outside? you look like you could be, but she's much prettier"

Comment

people are a holes. That is so bang out of order!
        Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Thanks for letting me vent. You all have a great night!

Comment

"I may be ugly, but you're stupid, and I can always get plastic surgery."

Someday somebody's going to punch his rude mouth, and he's going to wonder why.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

There's a reason these types are called assholes, it's because anytime that hole in their head opens up, nothing but diarrhea flows out.

I've got a post to do on a very similar topic. People are just so inconsiderate of other people's feelings, they speak without any thought at all of how it may make someone else feel. I'm training myself to return the favour but since I'm basically a good person, I'm still usually stunned silent when I meet up with one.
              Last edited by evilhomer; 08-24-2008, 07:00 AM.
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                "I may be ugly, but you're stupid, and I can always get plastic surgery."

Someday somebody's going to punch his rude mouth, and he's going to wonder why.
                you probably would agree with Ron White "you can fix a lot of things, but you can't fix stupid"
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

What a dick.

I would have said "Are you related to that baby over there? You must be, I'm sure you both have the same size penis!"

Then I would have gotten fired, but seeing a person with an over-inflated ego get that ego deflated.......it's priceless.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

what a nasty mean comment ,what a moron

Comment

People like that are to pitied. Bitter, unhappy, friendless wretch who's funeral will be attended by very few people.

Probably his attempt to flirt. With either of you, believe it or not.

I've seen abusive men flirt by insulting the woman they're attemtping to flirt with. On purpose.

Weirder things have happened.

Comment

Quoth YellowShirt View Post
                        SC "Well, you look like you could be related, but she's much prettier".
                        You: "Wow. If you were the least bit attractive yourself, that might have really hurt my feelings! Luckily your opinion means nothing to me."

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
                          You: "Wow. If you were the least bit attractive yourself, that might have really hurt my feelings! Luckily your opinion means nothing to me."
                          The best response yet!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have gotten a similar comment before. I had made a comment to a coworker about how I liked a pair of pants someone had returned. Some customer a register over turned around and said, "They'd look great on you if you lost about 15 pounds." I believe my exact response was, "EXCUSE me?"

He then realized what he said when his wife smacked him on the back of the head.

It hurt pretty bad. I've lost 20 pounds this year and it's loving hard enough.
                            (Good news though, I am officially no longer a plus size! Yay me!)
                            "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Working...
                            X